Gamboa purse: $1.1 million + $100k if he wins

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gamboa purse: $1.1 million + $100k if he wins

Bernardo Osuna ‏ @osunaespn Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
    @Jme1228 I'm all for boxers getting paid, but he was going to make 1.1 million for this fight. How much $ can GBP or May Promotions offer?

Bernardo Osuna ‏ @osunaespn Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
    @linusesq Gamboa is a solid fighter, but is he a PPV star? How can GBP or MP justify the amount of $ he will think he's worth moving forward
    In reply to linuses

Interviewed @Brandon_Rios1 after Gamboa was a no-show and is passing up a million $ payday + $100K bonus for the winner http://pic.twitter.com/owAqCQ1i

Fair enough. Let me also mention Timothy Bradley got that same amount, if not more, for fighting Casamayor.

Comment

Sound perfectly good to me

Comment

i'll take the fight.tell Arum to give me a call

Comment

Originally posted by Dedication View Post
          Fair enough. Let me also mention Timothy Bradley got that same amount, if not more, for fighting Casamayor.
          Tim Bradley is also American. No matter how you cut it, HBO is an American network and the American viewer is going to be interested in American fighters. Tim got paid what he did because HBO is making an investment in him(or devon at the time) on being a big player. The same thing was being done for Chad Dawson, Kelly Pavlik, Devon Alexander or any other undefeated American at the time.

I'm not sure what Gamboas problem is. Seriously, how much do you think you're gonna get paid from HBO. You see some guys making big cash but those guys are on PPV. Neither Rios nor Gamboa are that popular that HBO can shell out over 3 million for the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Dedication View Post
            he got more than that actually

Fighter A Purse Fighter B Purse
            Manny Pacquiao $22,000,000 Juan Manuel Marquez $5,000,000
            Timothy Bradley $1,025,000 Joel Casamayor $100,000
            Mike Alvarado $75,000 Breidis Prescott $35,000

but he also got a $125,000 dollar win bonus from Top Rank

Comment

Wtf Gamboa! I didn't realise he was getting this much thought it was pro. 400-500K. Someone has obv been in his ear offering him more money. He should be happy with what he's getting.

Comment

Wasnt Donaire paid like 500K just for Montiel?

Comment

go gamboa!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                    Wasnt Donaire paid like 500K just for Montiel?
                    $375k for Montiel but he made $720,000 for Omar Navarez fight

“I dropped my hands, give me a straight, one punch, but he didn’t want to take it, you know, he’s (Narvaez) here just to (survive),” said Donaire, who won $720,000, the biggest purse of his career.

http://sports.inquirer.net/21475/non...r-omar-narvaez

Comment

Working...
                    X