No announcement yet.

Gamboa purse: $1.1 million + $100k if he wins

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by southpaw_07 View Post
    Nice purse, nice bonus but they didn't approve of his request of hookers being brought to the hotel room after the fight..he gotta realize that this isn't Cuba where you can request those kinda things
    I was in Miami for three weeks in the summer and Miami=Cuba just like a lot of Los Angeles=Mexico.

Comment

Originally posted by TR vs. GB View Post
      Bernardo Osuna ‏ @osunaespn Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
      @Jme1228 I'm all for boxers getting paid, but he was going to make 1.1 million for this fight. How much $ can GBP or May Promotions offer?

Bernardo Osuna ‏ @osunaespn Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
      @linusesq Gamboa is a solid fighter, but is he a PPV star? How can GBP or MP justify the amount of $ he will think he's worth moving forward
      In reply to linuses

Interviewed @Brandon_Rios1 after Gamboa was a no-show and is passing up a million $ payday + $100K bonus for the winner http://pic.twitter.com/owAqCQ1i
      You seem to know a good amount of inside info. With the fight six weeks away, how much time does Gamboa have to agree to fight before Top Rank permanently brings in another opponent? Will it definitely be Abril? In your opinion, what are the chances of Gamboa-Rios actually happening in April 14?

Comment

Originally posted by ManBearG-Dog View Post
        Well they got him this fight. The one he CALLED for plus a huge payday for someone as unknown as him.

Top Rank as much as I hate them has done their job this time.

According to Dubouef he's already signed an extension. So I still fail to see the hold up.
        The hold up is that in order to get the fight he has to extend even further (apparently), which he doesn't want to do.

I don't see how that finds it's way into a fight contract anyway. That stuff should be worked out seperately.

Comment

1.1 million and a possible win bonus is a good amount for Gamboa who is a fw with a small fan base. But he doesn't want to have an extension that he already supposedly signed. I hope Gamboa is smart enough to honor the extension and take the Rios fight.

Comment

^ but if Gamboa wants out of Top Rank, why would he honor a longer extension?

Comment

Originally posted by MJ406 View Post
              ^ but if Gamboa wants out of Top Rank, why would he honor a longer extension?
              Thats the main problem that many think Gamboa is faced with. But he still has a contract with them for sometime, so i dont understand why he is risking spending 2 years doing nothing

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
                The hold up is that in order to get the fight he has to extend even further (apparently), which he doesn't want to do.

I don't see how that finds it's way into a fight contract anyway. That stuff should be worked out seperately.
                Extend it even further? He already has an extension and will miss out on a big payday with Rios if he doesn't sign another extension. Gamboa is screwed then. If Gamboa refuses this big payday, he'll have to ride out the shorter extension he already has. Top Rank will then proceed to feed him bums instead and pay him peanuts.

If I was Gamboa, I would take the Rios fight and sign the longer extension. But that's all up to Gamboa.

Comment

Amir Khan gets that?

1 mil is a good figure. He should take it IMO. I assumed it be like 300k

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post

IMO if any promoter is paying 1mil, they want to keep you.

Comment

Originally posted by AdamantiumPI View Post
                      Extend it even further? He already has an extension and will miss out on a big payday with Rios if he doesn't sign another extension. Gamboa is screwed then. If Gamboa refuses this big payday, he'll have to ride out the shorter extension he already has. Top Rank will then proceed to feed him bums instead and pay him peanuts.

If I was Gamboa, I would take the Rios fight and sign the longer extension. But that's all up to Gamboa.
                      I think that's what his 'I need to stand up for myself now' comments were about.

If he see's it as Top Rank trying to bully him into an extension and using the 'we'll not get you big fights if you don't extend' as leverage then I can understand why he is upset, but he doesn't have a whole lot of other options so it's a difficult position.

Comment

Working...
                      X