No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gamboa's Team Claim Issues With Promotional Pacts

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lol @ you morans calling this a duck ,did you even read

"obviously he hasnt signed a contract yet to make the fight, so obviously something wasnt there that he wanted to be there or the conditions werent to his liking"

how the fu*k is he a disgrace gtfo with that

Comment

Originally posted by Dedication View Post
      This ain't a duck, this is someone trying to improve / buy out of his slave contract.
      From what I gather, he is just completing his contract, and has already signed either a renewal or a completely new contract. One could assume that the terms for the new contract were much improved over the original one. Suddenly, having given his promoters to understand that he wanted the fight with Rios (which he still says he does) and allowed them to spend money and reputation on arranging meetings and public conferences et, he reneges, wanting to renogotiate his just signed contract.

Sounds as if he's a difficult, complicated individual. Also perhaps someone has been tampering with his mind....I smell a touch of Oscaria. This is his preferred modus operandi, trying to cause confusion to the enemy.......
      Last edited by edgarg; 03-06-2012, 03:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by VVho View Post
        lol @ you morans calling this a duck ,did you even read

"obviously he hasnt signed a contract yet to make the fight, so obviously something wasnt there that he wanted to be there or the conditions werent to his liking"

how the fu*k is he a disgrace gtfo with that
        Plain and simple, he's scared and doesnt want the fight. If he did, he would have atleast attempted to talk out the issues, if not resolved them, long ago. Him just pulling a no show yesterday was a b!tch move. I hope top ranks run him through the wringer.

Comment

Originally posted by akScoundrel View Post
          Plain and simple, he's scared and doesnt want the fight. If he did, he would have atleast attempted to talk out the issues, if not resolved them, long ago. Him just pulling a no show yesterday was a b!tch move. I hope top ranks run him through the wringer.
          How can someone who's first language isn't English attempt to talk himself out of this before? The person he trusted up till this point was Ahmet Oner, who is a absolute crook, and one of the biggest snakes in the business.

Comment

where do you even get that kind of idea that hes scared.. He doesnt have to show up if theres no signed contract hed be wasting his time. Pretty clear Arum is still just looking out for his best interest as always

"The message to my fans is that, obviously, I'm not scared of Brandon Rios. They all should know that. I have no problem fighting with him or any other boxer," said Gamboa.

"But the problem is with my promoters and how they're doing their business with me. So it has nothing to do with Brandon Rios, but with the way that the business is being handled."

Comment

How can someone who's first language isn't English attempt to talk himself out of this before? The person he trusted up till this point was Ahmet Oner, who is a absolute crook, and one of the biggest snakes in the business.
              In todays day and age of media, its completely unnacceptable. He lead everybody to believe he took the fight, not saying ***** in the meantime, then pulled a no show. He knew the terms of the fight, obviously. He didnt say *****. Pathetic.

If he wanted the fight, he woulda said there was a problem, and tried to resolve it, and not wait until the last moment and say 'oops, i disagree with the terms'. He scared and doesnt want the fight. Even if the terms are correct...he'll 'consider' it.

Comment

In todays day and age of media, its completely unnacceptable. He lead everybody to believe he took the fight, not saying ***** in the meantime, then pulled a no show. He knew the terms of the fight, obviously. He didnt say *****. Pathetic.

If he wanted the fight, he woulda said there was a problem, and tried to resolve it, and not wait until the last moment and say 'oops, i disagree with the terms'. He scared and doesnt want the fight. Even if the terms are correct...he'll 'consider' it.
                In todays day and age of media, its completely unnacceptable.

So, explain why a contract wasn't made to be signed? If we're talking about being prof.

Comment

Whilst it sucks that right now this fight will be pulled, I don't want to **** on Gamboa because the fine actual details which have led to this situation....we don't yet know for sure and may never will.

Having said that, I do believe that partially, this is likely to be a buyproduct of that type of situation we have seen for a long time now, where an outstanding Cuban fighter defects and due to the nature of that process logistically and legally....it leads to a situation where there are too many people with their fingers in the pie, so to speak. Now, I'm not making excuses for anyone, but I do believe this could be partially to blame and is worth keeping in mind. If this proves to be the case, then I suppose it was bound to flare up at some point as the stakes and purses involved in his fights got higher and higher, along with the risk/reward factor not being in his favour due to such contractual agreements....but it just sucks even more that it ended up with this fight in particular being derailed.

Its also quite embarrassing that the promotional tour got into gear along with other promotional stuff....even though both fighters hadn't even signed off yet, allegedly.

More ammunition for the likes of Dana White and whoever else who will hold it up as another thing to be ashamed of....when it had everything going for it to be a fight to be proud of as boxing fans.

Comment

Gamboa has been given the first opportunity to better his promotional deal. This is the perfect time. See the buzz this it's creating. Top Rank and Ahmet owner will be heavily inclined to negotiate a new and better deal for Gamboa, because boxing fans want the fight between him and Rios bad. If he chose to do it after, Top Rank most likely say **** you! And do what they did to Donaire. Gamboa's doing the right thing. I'll be telling you I told you so in the foreseeable future! Better expect that!
                    Sorry to correct, but Top Rank didn't do anything to Donaire, he'd just had a $500,000 fight, and they'd already arranged a $750,000 fight both in the same year. It was Donaire who tried to do something to Top Rank. You know the circumstances.

Donaire's now wife decided at age 23 that she wanted to be his manager, and immediately caused the problem, being too stupid and uninformed to know that he had a valid contract. At the same time she had picked a row with MannyP's wife, and Arum unwisely made a comment supporting Mrs. Pacquiao. All this time, lurking in the background by fortuitous coincidence was good old Oscar, who has been the instigator of similiar fighter stealing a few times already.

You know the facts, shouldn't try act as if it was Top Rank's fault just because you dislike Arum.
                    Last edited by edgarg; 03-06-2012, 03:31 PM.

Comment

all of arums dirty tricks are starting to backfire on him again. good for gamboa to look out for himself. everybody that fights under toprank are getting screwed out of money and real fights. this is a real fight but gamboa probably is thinking like cotto. it may be time to go

Comment

Working...
                      X