Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gamboa speaks wants fair deal and Rios fight: "The Contracts aren't signed"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So in Los Angeles today it wil be Brandon Rios and Top Rank to call off the fight?

What a bummer and a mess.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fvck LamarSmith View Post
      For those trying to blame Arum and Top Rank, remember Gamboa and his team are the ones who pushed for this fight.

The idea came from them, and once Rios was down, it was assumed this fight would be easy to make.

People say "why promote a fight that isn't signed", well when you have a fighter who demands a fight and it's against an in house fighter who immediately signs, it's impossible to image a road block like this would come up.

Still Arum should just come out of pocket and give Yuri some extra money to make this fight happen.

Yuri wins, then it's a fight at 140 and a mega fight with Pacquiao. Rios wins, then a fight against Marquez at 140lbs would be huge and the winner could then take on Pacquiao.

Either way, it makes a ton of sense to lose money now (arum coming out of pocket) because the rewards down the line (bigger fights for both) would fair out way whatever bob has to give to Yuri to make this fight happen.

Rios vs Marquez in Texas is PPV worthy, and the winner against Manny is a 1.2-1.4 million dollar PPV event in itself.
      None of that matters. Gamboa said "Blame Bob Arum." Anything after that doesn't matter, everyone just blames Bob Arum.

Not taking this fight is a terrible move on his part. People are still killing Tim Bradley for not fighting Khan so he could let his contract run out and move on, but they all support Gamboa wanting to break a contract to do the same thing, except he's not leaving for a money fight the way Bradley did.

All because Gamboa said "Blame Bob Arum."

Comment

• Maybe it isnt money, it could be weight problems cause it is 2 weight classes above him now and Rios balloons up to practically WW come fight night. Maybe they already promoting it to force his hand. Could be many things so im not speculating.

Comment

• Apparently contracts get signed late into the promotion. It's ****** but that's the way things are done (same goes for the fighter getting licensed late).

But it's clear that Gamboa agreed to the fight. His own words.

Comment

It won't get put on the Pac/Bradley card, however, I do see it being pushed back to late June /early July.
            i hope it doesnt get pushed back further then that. If by chance it happens to land on the Pac/Bradley fight card, it would mos def be a ppv worth buying

Comment

For those trying to blame Arum and Top Rank, remember Gamboa and his team are the ones who pushed for this fight.

The idea came from them, and once Rios was down, it was assumed this fight would be easy to make.

People say "why promote a fight that isn't signed", well when you have a fighter who demands a fight and it's against an in house fighter who immediately signs, it's impossible to image a road block like this would come up.

Still Arum should just come out of pocket and give Yuri some extra money to make this fight happen.

Yuri wins, then it's a fight at 140 and a mega fight with Pacquiao. Rios wins, then a fight against Marquez at 140lbs would be huge and the winner could then take on Pacquiao.

Either way, it makes a ton of sense to lose money now (arum coming out of pocket) because the rewards down the line (bigger fights for both) would fair out way whatever bob has to give to Yuri to make this fight happen.

Rios vs Marquez in Texas is PPV worthy, and the winner against Manny is a 1.2-1.4 million dollar PPV event in itself.
              GAMBOA: I want a big fight. I need a big fight. You have me fighting has beens like Ponce DeLeon and Jorge Solis. You ****ed up my fight with Juanma, get me a big fight, I need a big payday.

TOP RANK: You want a big fight? You want a big payday? What would you say if I were to offer you a fight with Brandon Rios 2 weight classes higher?

GAMBOA: I dont care, I'll fight anybody. Get me a money fight before its too late like the Juanma fight.

NEXT DAY HEADLINE: Gamboa agrees to fight Brandon Rios on April 14th.

That's sloppy business. TBH, the guy has serious skills and no one is taking him serious. I dont care if he goes with Mayweather, ALA Gym, Wild Card GBP, I dont care. Just take care of the man and put him in big fights, not wash up fights. He isnt getting any younger.

Comment

• Comment

• Why would they have two press conferences scheduled if Gamboa hasn't signed to fight Rios?

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                    I find it ridiculous that Arum was actually doing something that no boxing fan could possibly have any problem with here, and when one fighter decides not to live up to their end Arum is getting blamed. People just see the name Bob Arum and automatically side with whoever isn't on Arum's side. It doesn't matter to anyone that Gamboa looks to be completely in the wrong here.
                    dude.... arum is doing what he always do.... keeping all the cash in-house... . .why u acting and playing like arum is the victim here or that anyone is siding just to be against arum?

Gamboa was claiming he hasnt sign any contract yet.. so whats your point ?

I think he's looking smart and the fans who are dissing him are only thinking for them self here... plus hes the one moving up 2 divisions to take it on the bully Rios.... he deserves to secure some money and be happy with the risk hes taking...

Comment

• Originally posted by Bababoey970 View Post
                      Why would they have two press conferences scheduled if Gamboa hasn't signed to fight Rios?
                      To build up a fight with the interim champ. This is typical bait and switch.

Comment

Working...
                      X