No announcement yet.

Gamboa speaks wants fair deal and Rios fight: "The Contracts aren't signed"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
    It appears Gamboa is being drawn into the rather sad battle between Pacquiao and Mayweather fans which is unfortunate.

I really don't get it, people invest in those guy's way too much.
    It's understandable for some Mayweather fans to stick up for Mayweather and whatever he does. In this case, they hear that Gambao's recent dealings involves Mayweather and it interests them. From experience with Mayweather, his fans know what it's like to deal with Arum and Top Rank; and the price plans they puts them on. Pacquaio fans have no reason whatsover to stick their noses in. But it is what it is I guess. A lot of them guise themselves as Pacquaio fans, boxing fans... when really they're just May haters.

I'm a fan of Gamboa, Mayweather but most importantly boxing btw.

Comment

Also, can I add for a fight this big why is it being promoted so quickly? Doesn't Gamboa need time to get to the right weight as well as spar, work up a game plan etc?

Comment

Originally posted by Dedication View Post
        It's understandable for some Mayweather fans to stick up for Mayweather and whatever he does. In this case, they hear that Gambao's recent dealings involves Mayweather and it interests them. From experience with Mayweather, his fans know what it's like to deal with Arum and Top Rank; and the price plans they puts them on. Pacquaio fans have no reason whatsover to stick their noses in. But it is what it is I guess. A lot of them guise themselves as Pacquaio fans, boxing fans... when really they're just May haters.

Sorry but Mayweather isn't promoting Gamboa.

At the end of the day, Bob Arum has also created names and made fight for his fighters. He has helped many become millionaires. Whether you feel you're worth more or not is another story, but they do actually make fighters money.

Comment

Originally posted by Pacdbest View Post
          Hey Gambooowa!!! Rios got the Mexican backing! Your Cuban supporters were in Florida but ur not there!! You just lost some fans there! Prove u can fill an Arena b4 u ask for more money!
          Your Cubans cannot out number the Mexicans! I'm sure about that!
          Gamboa's head seems to be pretty big right now. Either top rank is screwing him, he's scared, or he believes he can dictate terms. Regardless, losing this fight sucks.

Comment

Wish he would've went into more detail. But either way it doesn't look good for happening on April 14th. Hopefully it can salvaged. I know Arum gave Manny more money from his cut to make Pacquiao-Hatton happen. Maybe the same can be done here.

Comment

Originally posted by Dedication View Post

I understand it from the Mayweather fans, Yuri is apparently talking business with their guy. In turn they will take an interest.

I really don't understand how Gamboa talking with Mayweather is reason enough for people who didn't pay him any attention to now dislike him, but oh well...

Comment

i don't know how much is the offer for gamboa but he should realize it's not about how much he wants...it's about how much he's worth.

Comment

Gamboa contacted the self preservation virus from Floyd!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I've been upbeat with this fight even before Gamboa started associating himself with Mayweather. Rios is the draw between the two. On his own, Gamboa can't draw flies. But this matchup is a perfect combination for a good fight because of the differences in style. Rios is an entertaining fighter, whether you're a fan or not. He's the one that has solid followers.

People are sick of divas. They're sick of the back and forth between *******s and *****rons. They're happy to see potential big fights developing so they don't have to rely on these divas.

Comment

• I knew the Mayweather deal wasn't real.

Comment

Working...
                      X