Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All the people that piss and moan about Wladimir Klitschko...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Superflo777 View Post
    So you're telling me he couldn't have fought Byrd and Tyson? He was the champion, he has to defend his titles, even if he already fought "better" opposition (which is of course an opinion).
    If he fought Byrd instead of Vitaly you would be claiming he ducked V. Same old story. He chose the more dangerous fights and you simply don't want to give him credit and are instead reaching for something to take him down a peg. And if him fighting better opposition is only opinion than it was the opinion of the overwhelming majority. I could post links to literally dozens of articles favoring many fighters he did fight as more dangerous and deserving than either Ruiz or Byrd at the time of said fights, and that is a FACT.
    Asking why Wlad didn't avenge Sanders or Purrity is changing the topic, but if you'd ask me Purrity was an early career learning step, just ask why Pacquiao never avenged his two early career losses, and Sanders already got beaten by Vitali, he could've avenged that one though.
    Pacquiao moved out of the division less than a year after his first loss and the very next fight after his second because he outgrew those divisions being 17 and 20 at the time. Wlad didn't have that problem. I can give him a pass on the Puritty fight, though I think he should have tried getting him back in the ring, but there is no excuse for not rematching Sanders and instead letting his brother fight his battle for him.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
      Im not so sure about that. Lewis wasn't even big in the UK because of his seemingly pompous attitude. He was a great fighter but at the time I couldn't stand the way he came off in interviews. Gene Tunney had the same problem because of all things, he read books and was an intellectual. Most boxing fans are indifferent to color or nationality, they just want something they can relate to on a boxing level. More times than not that boils down to raw savagery and undeniable courage in the ring. Jmo.

so why didnt lewis rematch vitali??

40 million was offered, lewis siad "if the money was right", plus the fight itself vitali was schooling lewis with one eye.

Why are you not complaining about that???Both mccall and rahman gave lewis rematches for alot less money than the vitali fight would have done???

Comment

Originally posted by slimshandy69 View Post
        so why didnt lewis rematch vitali??

40 million was offered, lewis siad "if the money was right", plus the fight itself vitali was schooling lewis with one eye.

Why are you not complaining about that???Both mccall and rahman gave lewis rematches for alot less money than the vitali fight would have done???

I would have loved to have seen a rematch but Lewis decided to retire. Now if he had come back and not given the rematch I'd be complaining right alongside everyone else. But I won't begrudge any man who retires after facing every major threat and who beat every man he ever faced.

As far as you ludicrous assessment of Vitaly "schooling" Lewis...Who landed the more effective punches and who won the fight?

Comment

As far as you ludicrous assessment of Vitaly "schooling" Lewis...Who landed the more effective punches and who won the fight?

vitali, hence why lewis was down on all 3 score cards and i had vitali 3 rounds up.

As i say, if mcall and rahman didnt rematch lewis are you saying they would be better than lewis???

Fact is a green vitali outclassed lewis. It was his weak skin that saved lewis.

Plus lewis did alot of illegal hit and holding, which he should have been ducked a point for.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Tyson77 View Post
            Are gonna be the same people that will piss and moan about there not being a heavyweight champion after Wlad retires. When Wlad retires with the belts, we go back to having a half dozen "title holders". Wladimir is the first 5 belt heavyweight champion, and a damn good one. 56-3 with 49 KO's aint bad, and I do find him very exciting. I like watching Wlad beat the **** outta someone for 8 rounds or so before he knocks them out. And Wlad has ducked no one, he's cleaned out the division. He represents our sport in a great way to. What more you do you people want from the man????????
            i respect him and his skills, this is true too many people do complain its not their fault that the HW division is lacking in competition or that they have all been wiped out, none the less even when i was a haye fan i still had respect for them for their accomplishments its sad that they catch alot of disrespect unfortunately but thats how it is with boxing fans

Comment

Originally posted by slimshandy69 View Post
              vitali, hence why lewis was down on all 3 score cards and i had vitali 3 rounds up.
              Ahhh, yes I forgot. In your world the only thing that matters is who was winning at the time of stoppage. It doesn't matter that it was a 12 round fight and Vitaly was holding on for dear life in the final round before the stoppage. Excellent logic!
              As i say, if mcall and rahman didnt rematch lewis are you saying they would be better than lewis???

But they did rematch so the question is moot. This kind of reasoning only works on planet Klitschko.

Fact is a green vitali outclassed lewis. It was his weak skin that saved lewis.
              Lol, a green Vitaly? 17 fights and being unranked is green, not 33 fights, being the #1 contender and already having one a paper title. And it was Lewis' fists and more effective punching that won him the fight. Nice try though. Even Vitaly doesn't make that sorry excuse.

Plus lewis did alot of illegal hit and holding, which he should have been ducked a point for.

Please. So now the ref was in on it? Why is it you clowns make every excuse you can but Vitaly has accepted this loss and called Lewis a great champion? Your little fantasy world is screwy as hell. But hey, whatever floats your boat.

Comment

I agree, can see why people are enthused with his mechanical scientific approach but he is bloody good at what he does. Tons of respect for him.

Comment

Great post TS and the hypocrisy has always bothered me. I remember in 2005-2007 everyone complaining about the lack of a definitive #1 and HBO always talking about the need for "clarity in the Heavyweight division". When Volodymyr gives it to them they turn around and start saying him and his brother need to retire because they yearn for competitive fights and how awesome the division would be without them, HBO won't even air their fights because they're not Americans as Ken Hershamn admitted recently.

I find Wlad boring as hell, but both he and his brother are good fighters with

Wlad already securing a spot at #16 all time in my opinion with time to move up. And it isn't there fault the division is awful, it just is what it is. But I do think they strategically select opponents based on the better match up for each other. Case in point, Vitaly fighting Sanders instead of Wlad rematching him and Wlad fighting Byrd not once, but twice instead of Vitaly rematching him after both had losses. There are others I speculate about, but these two fights not happening just never sat well with me.
                  Pretty sure he tried to rematch Sanders but Sanders dropped his WBO belt and chose to fight Vitali for the WBC and RING title instead which makes sense if you were Corrie.

Sorry bro, but that's a sorry excuse. I agree he would have beaten Puritty, but he should have at least tried to prove he could come back against him and adjust. As far as Sanders goes...thats always a bad styles match for Wlad and he knew it. So he chose to let it be and instead have his brother fight his battle for him because he was better suited to the task.
                  Lennox never fought a southpaw and didn't fight Moorer, Byrd or Sanders. When Sanders fought Vitali Lennox acted as an adviser and admitted to Corrie that he avoided him during his career. Also take note of how Lennox acted as advisor for other Vitali opponents, wanted to see Vitali lose and hoping to vicariously share their success if they beat him because he was too scared to do it himself in a rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikhnienko View Post
                    Great post TS and the hypocrisy has always bothered me. I remember in 2005-2007 everyone complaining about the lack of a definitive #1 and HBO always talking about the need for "clarity in the Heavyweight division". When Volodymyr gives it to them they turn around and start saying him and his brother need to retire because they yearn for competitive fights and how awesome the division would be without them, HBO won't even air their fights because they're not Americans as Ken Hershamn admitted recently.

It's horse**** that they dont put Wlads fights on tv in America anymore.

Comment

The way that the Klitchko talk and act is though they are the best thing since sliced bread, the thing is they are'nt.

Comment

Working...
                      X