No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather Explains Why 'He Can't' Give Pacquiao 50-50

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WESS View Post
    I see that someone is mad that Mayweather vs Cotto is going to sell more PPV's than Pac vs Cotto.... (why is that?????????)

Pac will fight Mayweather in his last fight next year. Bob will have no choice but to to accept what Floyd offers (i'm sure Floyd knows this).

Bob will take what he can get as he will want to cash out.
    Just to think that for 2+ years Floyd fans used that "Take the Test" excuse but now, Floyd has left them (no excuse) nothing to defend their hero Floyd.

Just look at this post as an example of how those who are still defending Floyd are left with as comments.

It's pathetic!
    Last edited by ADP02; 03-03-2012, 01:26 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spoon23 View Post
      Seeing the light brother.
      I mean, I am a fan. If he is saying he doesn't care about the fans then why should I be supportive of him? Still respect his skills as a boxer but f*** him if he don't care about the fans. F*** Manny Pacquiao too. That dude ain't no saint. He was bull$h!ttin just like Floyd. Arum got Pac by the cojones in his hand like dice.

Comment

• again....
        Floyds reasons for NOT giving Manny 50/50:
        "how my deal is structured at this particular time in the sport of boxing, i keep 100% of ppv revenue, so why would i even give a guy 50-50. At this particular time, Im not just the highest paid guy in the sport of boxing, IM THE HIGHEST PAID ATHLETE. Everybody is entitled to their own opinion, but i come first... self preservation. I put myself first and worry about my family. If the fight happens it do. Do iwant the fight happen? Absolutely! If it dont, so be it. Because when my career is over. I cant come to Bob Arum and say i need you to pay my bills." (no you go to Oscar)
        Well Floyd according to Forbs you dont even make the top50....Manny did@ #24
        http://www.therichest.org/sports/for...paid-athletes/
        nor made the list here...
        http://www.therichest.org/sports/wor...athletes-2011/
        wow 40 million for Pacquaio (floyd again,dont make the list)
        http://www.mensweekly.co.uk/sports/1...-athletes-2/5/
        espn aint got you there either Floyd (LIAR)
        http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?id=6391391
        Floyd didnt even top a chart...Wonder why this fight wont happen? Scared
        LOLMFAO...Come on *****s...argue this>>>>
        Last edited by PAC-BOY; 03-03-2012, 02:16 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by GRUSTLER View Post
          I mean, I am a fan. If he is saying he doesn't care about the fans then why should I be supportive of him? Still respect his skills as a boxer but f*** him if he don't care about the fans. F*** Manny Pacquiao too. That dude ain't no saint. He was bull$h!ttin just like Floyd. Arum got Pac by the cojones in his hand like dice.
          I've never heard him say he doesn't care about the fans. I think what Floyd means to say is, without the fans he wouldn't be where he is at but in the end he will put himself first. I have no problem with that.

The problem is some of the **** Floyd says is very hard to defend. One, he sometimes doesn't seem to have a clue to go about what he wants to say. And two, he can let let his ego cloud his judgement and decisions. Not considering 50/50 or other options is a great example.

Comment

• Originally posted by GRUSTLER View Post
            I think the fans are the real dickriders as sometimes the fans take shat too personal... Not speaking directly to you, but who cares if an athlete gives a shat about me. I only buy his fights for entertainment.

1 THING I KNOW FOR A FACT IS THAT ITS DAMN NEAR IMPOSSIBLE TO GIVE A DAMN ABOUT SOMEONE YOU HAVE NEVER SEEN NOR MET, NOR KNOW....

Floyd has seen me before, and I have seen him, but he doesnt know me, and in all honesty I really dont expect anything from Floyd but a good fight. If I dont agree with the opponent I simply dont buy. I dont make it personal because its not personal, he nor manny know me...

I havent bought a manny fight in a while. Dont really hate him, because he doesnt know me and hasnt done anything to me at all.....
            I dont know where all this he dont love me shat came from...

I could care less if KOBE raped that white chick... Because there is nothing I can do about it, and I wouldnt care anyhow. Only my close ones matter to me...

I mean you seem like a pretty cool dude (very rational poster) and I would never wish any ill will on you personally, but I also wouldnt expect you to take a bullet for me as we really dont know each other. That's rational thinking.

Cotto Floyd will be a good fight. I'm buying it, because I wanna watch it. I make my own bread so as long as I get what I pay for I could care less what people are into...

I am also gonna buy the pac/bradley fight as I am willing to pay to see if Bradleys determination is what I think it is....

As long as Pac doesnt have a clear advantage in his fights, Ill buy them.. But with catchweights and advantages, I am simply buying a fight knowing the outcome for certain before they even step in the ring....

Comment

• Originally posted by QADASHBANYAH View Post
              I think the fans are the real dickriders as sometimes the fans take shat too personal... Not speaking directly to you, but who cares if an athlete gives a shat about me. I only buy his fights for entertainment.

1 THING I KNOW FOR A FACT IS THAT ITS DAMN NEAR IMPOSSIBLE TO GIVE A DAMN ABOUT SOMEONE YOU HAVE NEVER SEEN NOR MET, NOR KNOW....

Floyd has seen me before, and I have seen him, but he doesnt know me, and in all honesty I really dont expect anything from Floyd but a good fight. If I dont agree with the opponent I simply dont buy. I dont make it personal because its not personal, he nor manny know me...

I havent bought a manny fight in a while. Dont really hate him, because he doesnt know me and hasnt done anything to me at all.....

I could care less if KOBE raped that white chick... Because there is nothing I can do about it, and I wouldnt care anyhow. Only my close ones matter to me...

I mean you seem like a pretty cool dude (very rational poster) and I would never wish any ill will on you personally, but I also wouldnt expect you to take a bullet for me as we really dont know each other. That's rational thinking.

Cotto Floyd will be a good fight. I'm buying it, because I wanna watch it. I make my own bread so as long as I get what I pay for I could care less what people are into...

I am also gonna buy the pac/bradley fight as I am willing to pay to see if Bradleys determination is what I think it is....

As long as Pac doesnt have a clear advantage in his fights, Ill buy them.. But with catchweights and advantages, I am simply buying a fight knowing the outcome for certain before they even step in the ring....
              All it takes is reading comprehension.

This is not hear say.

It is straight from the horse's mouth.. you don't have to be a friend of floyd to understand him. All it takes is reading comprehension. lol

This all you need to know boys and girls,

Floyd doesn't want anything to do with Pac. Pac vs Floyd is not going to happen.

Quote: "Floyd mayweather fights for Floyd mayweather... Look at the Ali situation, if Ali could take it back.. He shouldn't have taken the fights the fans pushed him to (the ones he lost). Floyd Mayweather won't be pushed into fights he doesn't want ... Without Pacquiao, Floyd Mayweather is fine."

The debate is over, floyd himself admits it. So clear.. Now we don't have to guess how Floyd thinks. It's about self preservation. He will only fight boxers he can surely win and obvious threats like Pac (the best fighter to fight) he should stay away from After all as Floyd said this is a deadly sport. self preservation is his priority.

we now know, Floyd only fights easy fights. History, Legacy ain't important to him. He is in it to milk fans of easy calculated low risk fights.

All you need to know the rest is irrelevant. Floyd wants easy money, easy fights. And Pac ain't an easy fight for him and he knows it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spoon23 View Post
                All it takes is reading comprehension.

This is not hear say.

It is straight from the horse's mouth.. you don't have to be a friend of floyd to understand him. All it takes is reading comprehension. lol

This all you need to know boys and girls,

Floyd doesn't want anything to do with Pac. Pac vs Floyd is not going to happen.

Quote: "Floyd mayweather fights for Floyd mayweather... Look at the Ali situation, if Ali could take it back.. He shouldn't have taken the fights the fans pushed him to (the ones he lost). Floyd Mayweather won't be pushed into fights he doesn't want ... Without Pacquiao, Floyd Mayweather is fine."

The debate is over, floyd himself admits it. So clear.. Now we don't have to guess how Floyd thinks. It's about self preservation. He will only fight boxers he can surely win and obvious threats like Pac (the best fighter to fight) he should stay away from After all as Floyd said this is a deadly sport. self preservation is his priority.

we now know, Floyd only fights easy fights. History, Legacy ain't important to him. He is in it to milk fans of easy calculated low risk fights.

All you need to know the rest is irrelevant. Floyd wants easy money, easy fights. And Pac ain't an easy fight for him and he knows it.
                Why twist words? Floyd never said he doesn't want to be pushed into a fight he does not want.

What he did say is he's not giving Pac an even split, and does not care if the fans disagree as a result of that - because fans "don't pay bills", don't look after family, etc.

I can't agree with some of this, but the point is to be consistent here.

Comment

• god this is getting pathetic

Comment

• All I heard was I don't want the fight. Easy money, both get paid a lot.

Comment

• Originally posted by QADASHBANYAH View Post

I feel you homie because I don't care about a lot of $H!t but I respect the dude Floyd as a boxer and dudes be going to war for him on these threads by being supportive and acknowledging his talent and contributions to the sport of boxing but if he don't appreciate it then why should fans support him? That's like Jay Z or any other big celeb coming out saying it. Fans and consumers are the ones who make these guys millionaires. Show some respect to the game in a whole. Sure I would put myself first but the fans/consumers made you, so in my opinion you should show some appreciation. At the end of the day I still respect his skill set but could care less about the dude and what happens to him personally. I met and know a lot of famous people in all industries but I treat them like any other person I meet and show respect because that's how I was raised

Comment

Working...
                      X