Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damn. Is epix even on Comcast?

Comment

Originally posted by RoyJonesJrp4pno1 View Post
      Showtime has wasted millions on the super 6. Now they are not even following up the tournament.
      I think it mainly has to do with the new regime running Showtime. The Super 6 was Ken Hershman baby. He is now running HBO sports. Stephen Espinoza had nothing to do with the Super 6.

But, it is still the wrong move not to showcase this fight all around.

Comment

Originally posted by Roman Moreno View Post
        I don't think he ever lacked confidence. Everybody wanted him to leave Canada. But, why should he have leave Canada if it isn't worth it since he is such a huge draw there?
        I know he gets paid well to fight there..... Same as say Sturm or Senchenkco....

But in a word..... Clout

Look at Froch for example......

Comment

Wow, Epix is becoming a genuine competitor with HBO and Showtime. Good for them. Competition is always good.

Comment

Originally posted by freeloada View Post
            Damn. Is epix even on Comcast?
            Its online....

Comment

Originally posted by MJ223 View Post
              I know he gets paid well to fight there..... Same as say Sturm or Senchenkco....

But in a word..... Clout

Look at Froch for example......
              Well not many are like Froch but I hear you. But, from what I understand for some reason Froch isn't or wasn't that popular in the U.K. I heard guys like Khan and even Haye(believe it or not) were much bigger draw in the U.K. I even think both Khan and Haye had a contract with one of their networks(I think Sky Sports?) but I heard Froch never had a contract.

Now I'm not sure how true all that is. Since I'm not from the U.K. Maybe a U.K poster can answer that. But, if all that is true. I do wonder how willingly would Froch be to be the road warrior -that he has been- if was a huge draw over there like Bute is in Canada? You get what I'm saying?

And, also is not like Bute hasn't been willing to travel. I think this Froch fight and the Ward talks to a lesser extent has prove that he will travel for the right fights. If the reward can outweigh the risk.

Comment

Showtime has wasted millions on the super 6. Now they are not even following up the tournament.
                They want to promote Ward since he's the super 6 winner, but the thing is that Froch and Bute have a lot more fans than Ward.

They (Showtime) tried to force Bute to fight Ward by rejecting the fight with Froch, but now EPIX is going to get this fight that IMO it's pretty exciting.

Comment

Originally posted by Roman Moreno View Post
                  Well not many are like Froch but I hear you. But, from what I understand for some reason Froch isn't or wasn't that popular in the U.K. I heard guys like Khan and even Haye(believe it or not) were much bigger draw in the U.K. I even think both Khan and Haye had a contract with one of their networks(I think Sky Sports?) but I heard Froch never had a contract.

Now I'm not sure how true all that is. Since I'm not from the U.K. Maybe a U.K poster can answer that. But, if all that is true. I do wonder how willingly would Froch be to be the road warrior -that he has been- if was a huge draw over there like Bute is in Canada? You get what I'm saying?

And, also is not like Bute hasn't been willing to travel. I think this Froch fight and the Ward talks to a lesser extent has prove that he will travel for the right fights. If the reward can outweigh the risk.
                  At the start of the S6, he got something like 7000 fans for the Dirrell fight. He sold out the venue but I'm not sure if he could've sold out a bigger arena, probably not.

Since then he has got a UK TV deal and his popularity has grown somewhat, but he's still not as popular as Khan or Haye.

In the UK you sometimes get boxers who have a strong regional fanbase. For example Hatton was a lot more popular in Manchester than the rest of the UK at first, and then the rest of the country became fans as well. I think that's the best way to go with Froch and it seems to be what they're doing.

If the venue is the City Ground (home stadium of Froch's local football team) then they can promote it a lot at games and hopefully get 20,000 in. The potential is there for him to become a bigger name despite being in his mid 30s.

Comment

I'm excited for this fight.

It says a lot that Bute is willing to go into Froch's backyard.
                    And hopefully it will be a step toward the Bute-Ward match.

Smart move by EPIX- they're starting to get my attention, for sure.

Comment

I agree. This is a great fight with alot of potential. Plus both guys are huge draws in their respective countries.

Comment

Working...
                      X