No announcement yet.

Boxing Truth Video - 119 Clinches by Alexander

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by snoopymiller View Post

Way too much clinching. It's illegal and it's clearly in the rules. Sad to see what boxing has become.

EXACTLY. Even worst are 'fans' who accept it as strategy and those who are like 'if he don't get caught then it's all good' mentality.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
      Man boxing is based on Marquess of Queensberry Rules, Which is like the fuccking Bible and cant be taken word by word. Its so out dated

The sport has evolved and clinching and pushing are part of the sport, it happens in EVERY SINGLE FIGHT.

Get over it.
      Totally agree Russian its not pretty but its a tactic that is used so often its standard unless its done to the extreme and now just part of boxing and a thing worked on in gyms everywhere, this is for TS

Comment

What's hilarious is Devon asking Max at the post-fight interview "What do you think man, what do you think (about his performance)?"

Comment

I don't have a huge problem with it, but it seemed a bit excessive with Alexander against Maidana. People say the same thing about Andre Ward, but I don't think he's quite as bad as Devon was.

Either way, Alexander whooped Maidana.

It's part of the sport though. A ton of people clinch at any sign of trouble. I'll bet a million on this as well......If Mayweather and Pacquiao ever get their s**t together and fight, I am expecting Floyd to pop Manny with his right hand and check hooks, and clinch at any sign of trouble. You can bet on that.

People need to get over it though. It's like people hate Devon so much that they are trying to discredit it when he performs very good now, it's funny.

Comment

I don't like it when a fighter clinches to neutralize the offense of his opponent but the fact of the matter is that it is part of the game. Mosley did it to Marg as did Cotto in the rematch. There are probably other examples out there too.

As much as I don't like it I've had to learn to accept it. It's the responsibility of the fighter who is getting clinched to rethink his strategy on how to win. Sometimes right then and there. Sad to say that if he can't do it that's his tough ****.

Comment

88 for Ward against Kessler.

Comment

I will say this. Maidana has never been beaten this clearly.

However: I also have never seen more blatant clinching without a point deduction ever.

It was both masterful and disgusting at the same time.

Comment

so we are discrediting his win now right?

Comment

Originally posted by Larryx2011 View Post
                    so we are discrediting his win now right?
                    Didn't you know, no one can ever win any fight in boxing history legitimately and have it unanimously agreed that they have done so on this forum

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
                      Didn't you know, no one can ever win any fight in boxing history legitimately and have it unanimously agreed that they have done so on this forum
                      Sure they can, but the holding was nuts man, you gotta know that.

Comment

Working...
                      X