No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Seth Mitchell-Chazz Witherspoon To Open Hopkins-Dawson

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Superflo777 View Post
    I agree, Witherspoon doesn't look too bad for an opponent for Mitchell, certainly better than the guy Wilder fought and Mitchell said he was planning to fight 3-4 times in 2012 so with some luck we'll see a better opponent for him this year. I think Mitchell really has potential to be competitive in the post-Kllitschko HW division.
    Well said.

Comment

Originally posted by Tmann400 View Post
      The point still remains, Timur is a good boxer. Not much power but he had a good jab. He was good enough to hang tough with Calvin Brock and go the distance with Thompson. So the fact that Seth was able to hurt and stop him so early I think Seth deserves credit for that.

Why are you discrediting Mitchell, so far he's been an exciting prospect that looked to have promise in his fight against Ibragimov. I'll be honest, I never thought too much of Seth until I saw his performance vs Timur. As for him fighting Tony Thompson, I still think it's a little early for him to be fighting someone like Thompson right now. On top of that I believe Tony's waiting on an IBF eliminator match.
      It's not fair that Al Haymon-managed prospects like Seth Mitchell get to have showcase fights against journeymen televised by HBO, while the HBO refuses to show top HWs and good European boxers like Bute, Pirog, and others.

Bute got blackballed by Kery Davis after two exciting KO wins on HBO. Pirog scores an exciting KO over one of HBOs favored boxers, and he can't get back on.

It's an injustice and it's not going to help the HBO ratings.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
        It's not fair that Al Haymon-managed prospects like Seth Mitchell get to have showcase fights against journeymen televised by HBO, while the HBO refuses to show top HWs and good European boxers like Bute, Pirog, and others.

Bute got blackballed by Kery Davis after two exciting KO wins on HBO. Pirog scores an exciting KO over one of HBOs favored boxers, and he can't get back on.

While I agree with you, Bute hasn't really been fighting anyone that great either. I really do hope Bute-Froch happens on Showtime, I'm excited if it does.

Comment

Chazz Witherspoon is garbage this should be a easy fight for Mitchell

Comment

Dude please stop with this. I get that you like the Klits. Their fights usually stink becuae their opponents stink or are outweighed by 50 lbs. Its not good TV.

Comment

You're right, Tunney. BUT only to a certain extent, for one neither Bute or Pirog have been fighting great competition. Number two, Bute and Pirog are not known the the general american public, is that racist or prejudice? No...Unfair, no. It's just how it is.

Bute's been fighting on Showtime for years now anyway. So it's not like he doesn't get treated fairly. Pirog is still an unknown quantity. While I like Pirog, he's a very good fighter, he just isn't known yet world wide.

Look, Tunney. We can't sit back and make assumptions of things that we aren't there in the flesh to see and know for a fact. You constantly think everyone has an agenda against Europeans. That's not cool. When you say this stuff and make these kind of assumptions it makes you seem like you're the prejudice person because this kind of racial based stuff is always leaking out into your posts. You're a really good poster Tunney, and actually a good knowledgeable person to have a conversation with but sometimes you're frustrating to listen to.

Comment

This is a good fight for Mitchell imo, Chazz has fought a few former title contenders and is solid but nothing special. It would be a mistake to rush Mitchell straight into a fight with a top fighter this is the correct move. At the end of the year he should aim for a title eliminator against a top fighter.

HBO is an American broadcaster and will favour American fighters just like British networks favour British fighters. Its a shame HBO dont show more European fights but its not really a suprise. In anycase this is an undercard fight not a main event.

Comment

Witherspoon is a very average guy, Mitchell should have no problems knocking him out, this should be on ESPN, not HBO, pathetic.

Comment

I have no problem with this fight at all....

Wilder could learn something from Seth......

Comment

Why does HBO refuse to show top heavyweights, while they show Seth Mitchell in with a bum who was stopped by Thompson and dominated by Arreola?

two words:

Al Haymon.

Comment

Working...
                      X