Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Valuev Rips Atlas, Says He Dumped Povetkin For Money!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by adp023 View Post
    Well today, an ESPN article came out with quotes from Teddy Atlas saying he feels "betrayed" and "doesn't want to watch" Povetkin's fight against Huck. Link: http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/box...kin-huck-fight

There you go! Totally unprofessional and causing a possible distraction to Povetkin right before his big fight! The article mentions Atlas again talking about "honor". They've been together 2 yrs. Povetkin lives in Russia. Atlas can't expect Povetkin to train in the U.S. forever. This is not Povetkin's fault for choosing Atlas as a trainer. Atlas's lack of professionalism, his ****ed up sense of "honor" and his loud mouth is to blame. There's no need for Teddy to continually string this out publicly like a dumped ex-girlfriend.
    Povetkin came to Atlas knowing full well he was a full time commentator with commitments to ESPN in America, therefore the responsibility is upon him. What would have been unprofessional would be if Atlas neglected his CONTRACT with FNF to go to Russia, especially when Povetkin could have compromised and done his training here allowing Atlas to train him and take care of his other commitments. Is Teddy a jerk off? Sure. But this situation isn't his fault.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
      Povetkin came to Atlas knowing full well he was a full time commentator with commitments to ESPN in America, therefore the responsibility is upon him. What would have been unprofessional would be if Atlas neglected his CONTRACT with FNF to go to Russia, especially when Povetkin could have compromised and done his training here allowing Atlas to train him and take care of his other commitments. Is Teddy a jerk off? Sure. But this situation isn't his fault.

Everyone knew from the beginning that Povetkin signed a bad contract. I've never argued against that. It's the aftermath. This is unprofessional of Teddy as a TRAINER to be such a public crybaby and possibly becoming a distraction to Povetkin. None of us would've known about Teddy's ESPN contract in the first place, if he didn't keep making a public story about it. We never heard one complaint from Povetkin. He's taking full responsibility for his training. And now, his team isn't even talking about Teddy. They're saying that camp was great. This is all Teddy saving face.

If Povetkin broke their training contract, then Teddy would be free to claim damages or compensation. But that's not the case. Seems like every professional on the planet can say "scheduling conflicts" and leave it at that, except for Teddy.

I guess you can argue that it's Povetkin's fault coz he should've known that Teddy is a jerk-off in the first place, but I doubt that would hold any water. Professionals get into business relationships all the time. Then when it ends, they move on with dignity. Povetkin has. Teddy hasn't.

Comment

Originally posted by adp023 View Post
        Everyone knew from the beginning that Povetkin signed a bad contract. I've never argued against that. It's the aftermath. This is unprofessional of Teddy as a TRAINER to be such a public crybaby and possibly becoming a distraction to Povetkin. None of us would've known about Teddy's ESPN contract in the first place, if he didn't keep making a public story about it. We never heard one complaint from Povetkin. He's taking full responsibility for his training. And now, his team isn't even talking about Teddy. They're saying that camp was great. This is all Teddy saving face.

If Povetkin broke their training contract, then Teddy would be free to claim damages or compensation. But that's not the case. Seems like every professional on the planet can say "scheduling conflicts" and leave it at that, except for Teddy.

I guess you can argue that it's Povetkin's fault coz he should've known that Teddy is a jerk-off in the first place, but I doubt that would hold any water. Professionals get into business relationships all the time. Then when it ends, they move on with dignity. Povetkin has. Teddy hasn't.
        I think this boils down to a question of character, not professionalism. That just my opinion.

Comment

Working...
        X