No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arreola Crushes Molina in One, Scott Returns To Win

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
    arreola is in line for a big fight. worked his way back in the mix by winning 7 in a row. molina was the worst guy he fought.
    Vladimir offered him a fight in dec in nyc and chris turned him down. i guess fighting molina is more worthwhile and really helped prepare him.

Comment

Originally posted by {Darko} View Post
      Vladimir offered him a fight in dec in nyc and chris turned him down. i guess fighting molina is more worthwhile and really helped prepare him.
      fighting JM for a few years is pretty normal for a guy who lost his 2 biggest fights. the klitschko's are pretty cheap when it comes to paying guys. chisora got 100000pounds & 50000US goes to the slap fine. arreola wants to be in a better negotiating position so he can get a better payday. if he gets in the mandatory position i believe it's 75\25 purse split. you don't get many chances to cash in huge in boxing so you must take the right fights at the best time. arreola getting a voluntary title shot would not get him the payday he wants. david haye & povetkin did the same thing & it paid off for both. arreola will fight wlad but when he's in better position as wlad's mandatory.

Comment

Arreola-Molina was more entertaining than Klitschko-Chisora, even though it lasted only one round. It was a Mexican war, no hugging just guns blazing.

Comment

Imagine if Arreola or Molina used a racial slur vs King, hell would break lose. Mayweather, Hopkins, King, and the like are not making it easier for blacks. Outside the USA though, is a whole new ball game.

Comment

I missed it I got to see the rest of the undercard good win for Arreola.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
              Don King's comments about fruit-picking "wet backs":
              Thanks for posting that, I had no idea what all that was about. The general public needs to be aware of just how much of an evil worthless ignorant SOB Don King is and always has been. He's literally killed two people for crying out loud.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
                Don King's comments about fruit-picking "wet backs":
                King didn't mean anything by it. He was trying to emphasize the improvement from the bad("w*tbacks") to the better. Mexicans won't care. We're easy going people who don't get excited much. Once we're angry it's a whole different story but otherwise we just yawn through such things.

Comment

That showed Areola is the same exact fighter he was getting rocked by a journeyman but he still will at least come forward however Wlad lands that shot Areola is on the floor and stays there and he still doesn't look like he's lost that much weight unless he scores a early KO he'll be gassed in the later rounds 1st round wins like that mean what really

Comment

Originally posted by TheMexHurricane View Post
                    King didn't mean anything by it. He was trying to emphasize the improvement from the bad("w*tbacks") to the better. Mexicans won't care. We're easy going people who don't get excited much. Once we're angry it's a whole different story but otherwise we just yawn through such things.
                    yeah but that still doesn't justify the fact that he used a racial slur in reference to us. now imagine if the roles were completely reversed and it was a Mexican-American promoter talking about black people and he said the N word; man this **** woulda been all over the news, with Al Sharpton and all them asking for an apology

I know 'wetb@ck' isn't as big of a deal as ****** but it's still a racial slur... but then again, racism towards mexicans and latino ppl in general seems to be considered not to be a big deal, but thats probably cuz we don't have our own civil rights leaders who come out crying in the media whenever someone mentions us negatively...

Comment

That k.o. came out of no where.

Comment

Working...
                      X