Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cotto vs Mayweather=Gatti vs Mayweather?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gatti was an exciting fighter, not a very good one. Floyd knew that.

I don't think he has the same disrespect for Cotto that he had for Gatti.

Comment

Originally posted by WESS View Post
      Again, Cotto hasn't beaten anyone great decisively. Margarito is garbage and I was NEVER sold on him. Never. I will agree if you said Mayweather "ducked" him years ago though.

However like I said I was NEVR sold on Cotto either and only picked Cotto to beat Pac out of spite because Team Pac wanted a CW where a CW was not warrant.
      I agree on decisive. He won most of them which is the best most do at top level. Only a few can really go beyond that. He competes at a high level when he steps up. Gatti couldn't at the elite level unless one wants to make a case for Patterson who was close but much closer at 22 then 30. And Cotto doesn't lose to B fighters. I don't know what you're not sold on. Cotto is a high class, very good fighter who is short of being proven great while easily being one of the best of his era.

There are various levels of fighter. Saying he's a much better fighter than Gatti doesn't equal HOF ATG.

You've been arguing with too many superfans. I feel your pain.

Comment

*****s take it easy, you bunch of ******s.

Floyd doesnt have the power, nor the punch output to KO cotto let alone Gatti him!! Get of that pipe. Floyd aint beating the ***** out of nobody. He can pepper Cotto to death for 12 rounds and win a UD.

And please Gatti wasnt on Cottos level, not in skills nor resume!!! Say please take it down a notch!! Jeez

Comment

Originally posted by oside4life View Post
          You really honestly think gatti is on cotto's level???? I mean i'm a cotto fan but not a delusional fan but come on your opinion stinks. Here is the thing on this board with cotto he's either overrated or he's great, me personally I think cotto is a great watch in the ring and he's a hof but in my era of watching boxing early 90's his name is not coming out of my mouth for a bit of the best fighters i've seen. But he's still my favorite after trinidad
          Popularity wise, Cotto is more popular.

Comment

I have to admit but Cotto is much much better than Gatti. Funny that *****s forget Gatti got his ass "Gattied" by Oscar and was in wars with Ward before the opportunist Floyd came in for the kill. Sort of how Mosley with Vargas.

Comment

Originally posted by crold1 View Post
              I agree on decisive. He won most of them which is the best most do at top level. Only a few can really go beyond that. He competes at a high level when he steps up. Gatti couldn't at the elite level unless one wants to make a case for Patterson who was close but much closer at 22 then 30. And Cotto doesn't lose to B fighters. I don't know what you're not sold on. Cotto is a high class, very good fighter who is short of being proven great while easily being one of the best of his era.

There are various levels of fighter. Saying he's a much better fighter than Gatti doesn't equal HOF ATG.

You've been arguing with too many superfans. I feel your pain.
              I'm not trying to discredit Cotto here. At the end of the day Im not going to sit here and hype Cotto up just because Mayweather is going to fight him. Im just not. Because like I have said, I've never thought he was that great but I do like him. He's not a HOF'er at least not yet. He hasn't beaten anyone other than Mosley and even that is arguable. At the end of the day, Cotto is good but not great and like Judah, he has failed the majority of the time when fighting the best.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
                I have to admit but Cotto is much much better than Gatti. Funny that *****s forget Gatti got his ass "Gattied" by Oscar and was in wars with Ward before the opportunist Floyd came in for the kill. Sort of how Mosley with Vargas.
                but Floyd was so small and wasn't ready for that kind of challenge. FLoyd sucked, no way would he beat Gatti....

Comment

I think Cotto is on par with Gatti but I don't see Mayweather putting on that kind of performance at 154.

I think Mayweather will look good in this fight and think that people will say that Cotto should retire just because of how Mayweather makes him look.

But hey, if Mayweather struggles the slightest like Pac did early on, I will give Cotto his credit. I just don't see it.
                  If Mayweather beats Cotto and looks impressive I will give him just about as much credit as I gave Pac.
                  i dont agree with you on Cotto's level, IMHO your downgrading Miguel to much, 3 weight class champion fought almost everybody of note at those division...

myself I will rate the win higher than mosley, baldo, oscar, judah heck I can only rate one win higher than cotto....

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
                    Damn bro ur ok in my book...

Comment

but Floyd was so small and wasn't ready for that kind of challenge. FLoyd sucked, no way would he beat Gatti....
                      Sorry but Gatti nuthugger comments don't change anything.

Comment

Working...
                      X