Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cotto vs Mayweather=Gatti vs Mayweather?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skimming through this thread.....

You can tell who's new to the sport......

Comment

• Nah more like mayweather brussles

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
        THIS.

It's theads like these that keep the rest of us regular BS users confined to the comfort of the lounge. I know it's kind of cliche for users of older join dates to be like : "Man, this place was so much better back in (insert year here)", but the reason we always say that is because it's actually true.

Threads like this make me want to punch a small child in the face.

I get the same feeling.

We have people saying Cotto's resume is better than Mayweather's.

That Gatti's is better than Cotto's.

That beating Mosley in 2007 is better than beating a prime Castillo.

That Roberto Duran beating Ray Leonard in 1980 was not that special.

And more.

All in one thread!

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post

I get the same feeling.

And more.

All in one thread!
          Amazing to say the least.....

Comment

• It funny Floyds most famous victories are against boxers not that great or even good. Shows how overated Floyd is.

If Cotto is better than hatton, Floyd will lose.

Comment

I get the same feeling.

And more.

All in one thread!
              I haven't read any of the posts in the previous pages, Dan. I went straight to the last page. If your post is an accurate summary of the goings-on around here (and I trust it is), it looks like I made a wise choice in skipping all the preceding comments. Thanks for saving me the time. lol

Comment

I get the same feeling.

And more.

All in one thread!
                You and Bringer both seem rather upset about my comments. If you want to give Duran all the credit in the world, so be it but I won't. Would you give a fighter full credit if he beat a great fighter with a broken hand? Implementing the correct game plan is just as important as dishing out the punishment. It would be like saying you don't need good coaching to win a game. I'm sorry but not beating a fighter on their a game(mentally and physically) doesn't get full credit from me.

Prime Castillo was after the Mayweather bouts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Check View Post
                  You and Bringer both seem rather upset about my comments. If you want to give Duran all the credit in the world, so be it but I won't. Would you give a fighter full credit if he beat a great fighter with a broken hand? Implementing the correct game plan is just as important as dishing out the punishment. It would be like saying you don't need good coaching to win a game. I'm sorry but not beating a fighter on their a game(mentally and physically) doesn't get full credit from me.

Castillo was WELL in his prime for Mayweather. He had beaten Johnston and Bazan in the run up and kept going after Mayweather. His peak was 2000-05.

Comment

• Originally posted by crold1 View Post
                    Castillo was WELL in his prime for Mayweather. He had beaten Johnston and Bazan in the run up and kept going after Mayweather. His peak was 2000-05.
                    Regardless, his best win or win(s) was against Johnston. His p4p ranking 2001 or where people liked to slate him now a days, at that time, was quite high. 2007 version of Mosley was more talented and a better fighter than 2001 JCL. I'm sticking by that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Check View Post
                      Because it's ****ing painfully ******.

Duran's win over Leonard is one of the most incredible single victories in the history of the sport. It's what elevates Duran to his level of greatness. The man was at a disadvantage in so many area's yet pulled out the victory.

Leonard was on his A game. That's the thing.

Like Cliff beautifully put it, Ray Leonard would have beaten almost any Welterweight in that fight. He fought well, he was strong, fast, sharp and like always, came to fight.

Duran was just simply even better on the night. And that's all it boils down to.

Trying to shun it off as something that's normal or not that special is outright ******ity. It can't be put any other way. Ignorant, I suppose.

And seriously, seriousllllyyyy, Leonard not dancing around pot shotting (Fighting how he NORMALLY fights) is not the same as being handicapped with broken bones. Seriously, that can't be a serious statment.

Originally posted by Check View Post
                      Erm, no. It wasn't.

Comment

Working...
                      X