Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cotto vs Mayweather=Gatti vs Mayweather?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post

Good Lord.
    What do you see in cotto that makes gatti look so bad?

Speed? Not really
    Strength? no
    Power? nope
    Defense? Yes, but cotto is no pernell whitaker
    Chin? lol

We;re talking about a guy that took like 9 rounds to beat yuri foreman here, let's not get too carried away

Comment

• Originally posted by Check View Post
      In the Duran fight I don't consider it great because Leonard fought a bad fight. Okay, maybe he was in his prime, maybe it was his typical style, but he didn't fight the smart fight.
      So basically what you're saying is that you don't give Roberto Duran his props for beating the ever-loving-**** out of a prime Ray Leonard, because Ray fell for Roberto's mindgames, and fought stupidly?

Jesus Christ I wish I could inject you with a vaccine for your stupidity.

Comment

• Ray was forced to fight that way against Roberto, Duran was one of the great stalkers of all the time, he could cut the ring off, had excellent footwork and would **** you up on the inside.

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
          So basically what you're saying is that you don't give Roberto Duran his props for beating the ever-loving-**** out of a prime Ray Leonard, because Ray fell for Roberto's mindgames, and fought stupidly?

Jesus Christ I wish I could inject you with a vaccine for your stupidity.
          And what make's it worse is he didn't even fight stupidly.

He fought how he always fought.

Comment

• Originally posted by Forza View Post
            What do you see in cotto that makes gatti look so bad?

Speed? Not really
            Strength? no
            Power? nope
            Defense? Yes, but cotto is no pernell whitaker
            Chin? lol

We;re talking about a guy that took like 9 rounds to beat yuri foreman here, let's not get too carried away
            Other than Cotto being better than Gatti in most area's, just the simple fact his resume is 10x better.

Comment

And what make's it worse is he didn't even fight stupidly.

He fought how he always fought.
              I think he (Leonard) probably could've done a better job at keeping himself off the ropes, but overall, you're correct.

But I say that as a human being who has no earthly idea of what it's like to be stalked around a 20 foot square ring like a piece of prey by one of the baddest mother****ers to ever draw breath.

Comment

I think he (Leonard) probably could've done a better job at keeping himself off the ropes, but overall, you're correct.

But I say that as a human being who has no earthly idea of what it's like to be stalked around a 20 foot square ring like a piece of prey by one of the baddest mother****ers to ever draw breath.
                Oh, yeah. I think he was just suprised how strong Duran was.

But they both came to fight and for a war and they gave us an amazing show. That's something we expected from both Leonard and Duran. (9 out of 10 times)

You and me both, brother.

Comment

Other than Cotto being better than Gatti in most area's, just the simple fact his resume is 10x better.
                  THIS.

It's theads like these that keep the rest of us regular BS users confined to the comfort of the lounge. I know it's kind of cliche for users of older join dates to be like : "Man, this place was so much better back in (insert year here)", but the reason we always say that is because it's actually true.

Threads like this make me want to punch a small child in the face.

Comment

• I didn't get a chance to read all the replies but I just wanted to chime and say this: If you think Miguel Cotto and Arturo Gatti are on the same level, then you are a ****** who doesn't know crap about boxing. Quite possibly one of the stupidest things I've ever heard on this forum.

Comment

THIS.

It's theads like these that keep the rest of us regular BS users confined to the comfort of the lounge. I know it's kind of cliche for users of older join dates to be like : "Man, this place was so much better back in (insert year here)", but the reason we always say that is because it's actually true.

Threads like this make me want to punch a small child in the face.

December 6th 2008 was the death of NSB tbh

Comment

Working...
                      X