No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Brandon Rios-Yuriorkis Gamboa Confirmed For April 14

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PBFP4P View Post
    Exactly so if he is forced to make 135. Then he is a dead man walking.
    he is not being forced to make anything Rios been draining him self for years so he could have the size advantage on his opponents I think we all agree that he would have been exposed and not be as big of a name as he is right now had he fought at 140.

also DLH haven't made 147 for 8 years before the Pacquaio fight Rios still fights at 135 not the same thing

Comment

You right. Not like fighters have said that before.
      Well, if it's not true, there's really no reason for him to say anything. He might feel differently about it later, but I believe it now. I've lost a lot of weight in the past. The weakness really only sets in when you're pushing the envelope. The real test will be in the final days when Rios is getting close to making weight. For now, I have to believe that Brandon lost weight way too quickly in the past and it therefore affected his strength quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
        If he loses, he's still a special fighter to me. He's in a win-win situation here. If he loses, he just lost to the way bigger man+Ring #1 Lightweight, and jumped two weight classes. Then he goes down to 130 with his 1 loss to the best LW(after Marquez the LW champ of course).

If he wins, well all hell will break lose for Gamboa's career. He'll be kinda like Pac when he beat Diaz. Only instead of fighting one of the whackest LW's, he fought the best one, #1 LW.

Rooting for Gamboa on this one, I hope he wins for boxing's sake. If he wins, boxing will have one of the few true top 10 P4P fighters along with Mayweather, Ward, Martinez, and Marquez.
        Yeah but this isn't a simple 'loss', if Gamboa loses we're talking about a brutal beat down and Gamboa will probably never be the same again. Rios is not going to win a comfortable decision win, it's going to be painful for Gamboa win or lose imo. Rios brutalizes real 135 pounders, it's going to be an ugly sight if Gamboa gasses out.

Comment

Originally posted by damit305 View Post
          I'll being doing a 'Celia' my man AZUCAAA!
          Ahahaha! Read my mind!

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
            im not underestimating nothing. whatever rios did wrong in the build up to that fight, its on him to fix. he said he got an nutritionist, which should help, and hes made the weight in the past even if with difficulty. the reason he looked bad in the ring is because he wasnt allowed to rehydrate past 147 in that fight. i doubt that will be the case here.

its still nowhere near the same as oscar dlh fighting at a weight he hasnt fought at in years, not even close.
            DLH said plenty times on how good he felt before the fight. But, that didn't stop him for being drained. You nor I nor Rios knows how he would feel making the weight until he actually has to make the weight. Lets not act as if its automatically Rios is going to be strong or even weak yet. You are underestimating the risk that Rios is taking. Just focusing the risk that Gamboa is taking. Fact is both are taking a risk not in the challenge but also in the weight-class not just one fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
              he is not being forced to make anything Rios been draining him self for years so he could have the size advantage on his opponents I think we all agree that he would have been exposed and not be as big of a name as he is right now had he fought at 140.

also DLH haven't made 147 for 8 years before the Pacquaio fight Rios still fights at 135 not the same thing
              No we can not agree on that. Not sure who would have exposed him. Perhaps maybe Bradley and that it. After that Rios against anyone at 140 is a toss up.

Also that's fine. I don't want to read anything coming from you about any fighter, whoever it is, winning because their opponent was weight drained.

If being weight drained is not a big deal coo, then cool don't use it as an excuse against other fighters wins.

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post

Good point. The usual reason fighters drain down is to have a size advantage over their opponents. It's not like 140 and 147 are dead. Why else would Brandon weaken himself to fight at a weight that's clearly difficult for him to make?

Comment

Im a fan of gamboa its gonna be a nice action pack fight Im just a little worried bout his chin but fireworks will happen and I hope gamboa wins..

Comment

War Gamboa.

Comment

No we can not agree on that. Not sure who would have exposed him. Perhaps maybe Bradley and that it. After that Rios against anyone at 140 is a toss up.

Also that's fine. I don't want to read anything coming from you about any fighter, whoever it is, winning because their opponent was weight drained.

If being weight drained is not a big deal coo, then cool don't use it as an excuse against other fighters wins.
                      Basically you're saying that 140 would've been highly competitive for Brandon, while he was a champion at 135. That's my point. Being weight-drained is obviously weakening, but fighters do it to gain other advantages. Obviously it's worked for Rios; he's 29-0-1, with 22 KOs. That's a lot of knockouts for a guy that's always too weak to fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X