No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Brandon Rios-Yuriorkis Gamboa Confirmed For April 14

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rios will be fine on weight,

Word is that he weighs less than Juanma right now. The nutritionist and him are clicking.

Comment

Man I love Gamboa but Rios is gonna be too big and strong for him.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
        Good point. The usual reason fighters drain down is to have a size advantage over their opponents. It's not like 140 and 147 are dead. Why else would Brandon weaken himself to fight at a weight that's clearly difficult for him to make?
        Imagine Brandon is the 'bigger' man that can't make weight in general versus the smaller 135lbs ers... Here comes Gamboa from 126 to "Save the day"?

Holy **** Ima about to start doing back flips!

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
          Basically you're saying that 140 would've been highly competitive for Brandon, while he was a champion at 135. That's my point. Being weight-drained is obviously weakening, but fighters do it to gain other advantages. Obviously it's worked for Rios; he's 29-0-1, with 22 KOs. That's a lot of knockouts for a guy that's always too weak to fight.
          Honestly I think he beats anyone at 140 besides Bradley. I just said toss up to save the argument.

Yes he has been slimming down to 135. But, that catches up to you and it hurts. His last fight, kinds of prove it.

Now he can make it with no problem. But, he can have a problem. No one knows yet. I don't know why everyone is acting like if Gamboa is the only one taking a risk and that the weight will affect him. While Rios is taking the risk and the weight could affect.

But, I actually know why. For as many that say Rios is hype. Twice the amount hypes up Gamboa.

Comment

Great fight, really pumped up for this one. I got Rios all the way by brutal TKO, I mean Gamboa has tons of skills and athleticism but he's already been dropped by weak compeition(although at times just for being too ****y) , imagine if Rios has him hurt? What can Gamboa really do to slown down Rios from attacking him? Potshot and move? I mean, if Gamboa pulls this off in Pacquiao-Margarito fashion or better he deserves all the credit in the world, were talking about a huge victory right here. Let see how the war unfolds.

Comment

Originally posted by PBFP4P View Post
              Honestly I think he beats anyone at 140 besides Bradley. I just said toss up to save the argument.

Yes he has been slimming down to 135. But, that catches up to you and it hurts. His last fight, kinds of prove it.

Now he can make it with no problem. But, he can have a problem. No one knows yet. I don't know why everyone is acting like if Gamboa is the only one taking a risk and that the weight will affect him. While Rios is taking the risk and the weight could affect.

But, I actually know why. For as many that say Rios is hype. Twice the amount hypes up Gamboa.
              Brandon KO'd the last guy he fought, kind of proves it.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
                Rios will be fine on weight,

Word is that he weighs less than Juanma right now. The nutritionist and him are clicking.
                The last time I read about JuanMa's weight, he was at 143.9. If Brandon is less than that, he has about two months to lose less than nine pounds. Plenty of time to lose weight in healthy fashion.

Comment

Originally posted by PBFP4P View Post

Sounds like you think everyone's all hype.

Who's real?

Comment

Originally posted by PRBOXINGCOTTO View Post
                    If gamboa wins he finally beats a threat n is no longer hype but I see rios beating him in 6 gamboa still has that suspect chin n rios has power
                    PRBOXINGCOTTO is a legend! I don't care what anybody says!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Young Money View Post
                      Brandon KO'd the last guy he fought, kind of proves it.
                      Did he make weight? No, so what does it prove?

Comment

Working...
                      X