No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Khan Claims To Have The Remedy For Peterson's Strategy

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Khan Claims To Have The Remedy For Peterson's Strategy

Former champion Amir Khan believes that he has the remedy to counter Lamont Peterson's effective strategy of staying close and fighting on the inside. Speaking to Ringside's Johnny Nelson, Khan explained some of the issues he encountered when Peterson captured the WBA/IBF junior welterweight titles with a twelve round split decision in December. The rematch is scheduled for May 19th at the Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas.

[Click Here To Read More]

Comment

Khan needs to work alot of things..he needs to stop lunging in where he gets countered so easily he needs to cut hes damn workrate down and throw 1 or 2 very accurate shots rather than throw a 10 punch combo and 1 lands clean..the guy has all the tools to b a great fighter!not a good one but great!The guy has great athletic ability he has the height and reach to b a world class Boxer. He has Blazing hand speed and he has some good Power in both hands. He needs to calm down and No what hes strengths and weaknesses r. hes strengths r Hes hand speed. some might say he has the fastest hands in boxing. and he has the ability to Box but he throws so many punches he makes him self look sloppy and like a total slugger. he needs to work on hes weaknesses that is hes running when under pressure and of course Defence.if Khan can calm down and work on hes Defence then he can improve leaps and bounds but i doudt that would happen cuz it takes a while to learn such craft but never too late foe a talented fighter as such as him. so these r things he should work on cuz if he dont i see perterson winning this fight again.

Comment

hmm this is kinda weak coming from khan .... looks like he's going to.use the same strategy like the first fight, and hope judges give him the win.

Comment

oh jesus, don't tell me he's bringing out the reverse gear only unicycle he was using last time out...

Comment

Run backwards like a ***** just like he did in Fight 1..... Hope he gets KTFO so the hypejob can just shut the **** up.

Comment

Originally posted by Illdil View Post
              Khan needs to work alot of things..he needs to stop lunging in where he gets countered so easily he needs to cut hes damn workrate down and throw 1 or 2 very accurate shots rather than throw a 10 punch combo and 1 lands clean..the guy has all the tools to b a great fighter!not a good one but great!The guy has great athletic ability he has the height and reach to b a world class Boxer. He has Blazing hand speed and he has some good Power in both hands. He needs to calm down and No what hes strengths and weaknesses r. hes strengths r Hes hand speed. some might say he has the fastest hands in boxing. and he has the ability to Box but he throws so many punches he makes him self look sloppy and like a total slugger. he needs to work on hes weaknesses that is hes running when under pressure and of course Defence.if Khan can calm down and work on hes Defence then he can improve leaps and bounds but i doudt that would happen cuz it takes a while to learn such craft but never too late foe a talented fighter as such as him. so these r things he should work on cuz if he dont i see perterson winning this fight again.
              I think great is a bit of a stretch. He has some fantastic tools but he doesn't have a boxing brain & doesn't have the ability to make adjustments midway through a fight.

There are plenty of things he has to work on.

His inside fighting, sitting down on punches, learn how to roll punches, stop trying to be Pacquaio mark II & stop trying to prove that you have a chin & can take a shot.

He does have some tremendous advantages though.

His hand speed is phenomenal, he has great athleticism, a great work-rate and fantastic desire and commitment. Oh and he's signed to Golden Boy.

Has the tools to be a very very good fighter...great...I don't think so.

Comment

Khan Summary: I'm going to be on my bicycle from the opening bell in order to avoid any inside fighting. No way will Peterson be able to catch me in this second fight because I'm going to be prepared to run circles at full speed.

Comment

Originally posted by any craic lad? View Post
                  yeah, entirely possible!
                  mad thing is that cortez is so corrupt nowadays that it is OBVIOUS! it's getting to a point where people are saying before a fight- if cortez is refereeing then of course it's gonna be a farce...

Comment

Khan is a cry baby and a fake. I hope Peterson knocks him out so we don't have to hear about this stupid **** anymore.

Comment

Working...
                    X