No announcement yet.

Donaire vs Rigondeaux

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
    You're right; Rigo hasn't fought anyone. But that doesn't mean he's "nothing." He's generally considered one of the greatest amateur boxers of all time, winning nearly every one of his four hundred bouts. His two Olympic gold medals are hard to overlook. Freddie Roach would agree; he took on Guillermo from the moment the Cuban defected. The famed coach wanted "El Chacal" to challenge for a world championship after only a couple of fights. Even if you didn't know any of this, Rigondeaux's talents and skills are pretty evident.

I agree that Nonito's a terrific fighter and far more accomplished on a professional level than Rigo. But what has Donaire done to merit ATG status? Who has he defeated that merits that kind of statement? Some day Nonito might be an ATG...today is not that day.
    Don't mind him. Bombs is a ******ed troll-Pac cheerleader who is hating on Rigo most likely because he's trained by Roger Mayweather.

That said, I haven't seen enough of Rigo to decide.

Comment

Rigo has done more in boxing than Donaire, that's a fact

Comment

Originally posted by RichCCFC View Post
        Rigo has done more in boxing than Donaire, that's a fact
        How about professional boxing?

Comment

overall, lets keep this thread bumped..

hope Top Rank see it and how close the poll results are

Comment

I'm going with Rigo!

It ends 1 of 3 ways.

KO after striking Donaire's soft midsection.

TKO from a bloody Donaire face.

Or it could be a boring fight that Rigo will win by decision.

Rigo is just as quick as Donaire but you don't see it because he doesn't throw flurries like Donaire. You all know Donaire is a show-boat. Putting his hands on his knee's and jumping all over the place, trust me he won't do that against Rigo. He'll keep both hands up and will have to throw punches from where Rigo will be able to see them coming and use his superior footwork to get out the way.

Who has Donaire fought that is more skilled than him and is just as quick?

Comment

Donaire reads his opponents punches, Rigo doesn't telegraph his left at all. He is as fast ^ as said already, hits about the same as Donaire and is more skilled.. Also throws straighter punches, Donaire has much more of an arch to his.

Comment

I can't find a video of the Donaire-Narvaez fight. I want everyone to see what just a little bit of defense can do to Donaire's offense.

I felt the much smaller Narvaez did an excellent job defensively in that fight. Easily dodged the wild punches of Donaire but I wish after making Donaire miss, he made him pay.

Comment

Originally posted by RichCCFC View Post
                  Thanks for posting this video, man. I've only watched the first couple of minutes before, where Arum makes those telling statements. I can't agree with every last thing the narrator says, but he makes a good case to back up his points. A video presentation is definitely a nice way to do so.

One thing the narrator says at the end was pretty interesting: Nonito was hit more in one fight (pick WV2 or Mathebula) than Rigo has been hit in all ten of his professional fights. I still think Donaire is the man to beat at 122, even moving up. But, by the same token, no knowledgeable fan can feel confident about him beating "El Chacal".

Comment

Originally posted by blak81 View Post
                    I can't find a video of the Donaire-Narvaez fight. I want everyone to see what just a little bit of defense can do to Donaire's offense.

I felt the much smaller Narvaez did an excellent job defensively in that fight. Easily dodged the wild punches of Donaire but I wish after making Donaire miss, he made him pay.
                    Narvaez was outsized and outgunned versus Donaire. Rigo is a deadly hitter with great counterpunching skills. You better believe Nonito will respect that. This match-up between Donaire and Rigondeaux is unclear at best. That's what makes it so appealing.

Comment

I want to see this fight more than any other out there

Comment

Working...
                      X