Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Chavez-Rubio Does Big Ratings, 19 Million Fans in Mexico

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Chavez-Rubio Does Big Ratings, 19 Million Fans in Mexico

Saturday's twelve round decision win by WBC middleweight champion Julio Cesar Chavez Jr., against Marco Antonio "Veneno" Rubio, was viewed in Mexico by over 19 million fans. The television broadcast reached a 16 point rating mark, which added to the nearly six and a half million (5.4 rating points ) fans who watched the fight involving Robert 'Massa' Ortiz. At the end of the day, over 25 million television viewers were watching boxing in Mexico on Saturday.

[Click Here To Read More]

That is a **** load of fans watching boxing.

I think the amount of Mexican's that watched a womens fight recently went to over 30 million. There was a thread on Boxing Scene about it.

...I wish other nations were as passionate about boxing as the Latin nations are.

Comment

Another testament to why boxing will always be on top. If you have popular Mexican fighters, the mexican crowd, and the mexican crowd will watch. Right now Canelo and chavez jr and Marquez are doing big numbers

Comment

According to MMA boxing is dying.

Comment

boxing in mexico is the real deal

i wish it was one tenth as strong in the states as it is in mexico

Comment

Originally posted by TheGoldenChamp View Post
            Another testament to why boxing will always be on top in mexico. If you have popular Mexican fighters, the mexican crowd, and the mexican crowd will watch. Right now Canelo and chavez jr and Marquez are doing big numbers in mexico
            in mexico being the key phrase. I wish those numbers were the same in the u.s.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyJonesJrp4pno1 View Post
              in mexico it ain't.

Comment

Originally posted by Cloud View Post
                That is a **** load of fans watching boxing.

I think the amount of Mexican's that watched a womens fight recently went to over 30 million. There was a thread on Boxing Scene about it.

...I wish other nations were as passionate about boxing as the Latin nations are.
                Yea I can't believe 30 million Mexicans watched a girls boxing match. In a nation of about 100 million people.

And now 19 million for this fight?

We can all sleep at night, boxing is going nowhere.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyJonesJrp4pno1 View Post
                  That talk is just ignorant and there are numbers that can just straight prove that wrong. This fight card was a beast in TV Ratings from Mexico, Philippines, and did pretty well on HBO (America.)

Donaire vs Vazquez scores big in TV ratings

ABS-CBNnews.com
                  Posted at 02/08/2012 10:17 PM | Updated as of 02/08/2012 10:17 PM

MANILA Philippines – The super bantamweight clash between Nonito “the Filipino Flash” Donaire Jr. and Wilfredo Vazquez Jr. scored big in local television ratings last Sunday.

Citing numbers from Kantar Media – TNS National Household Ratings, Philboxing’s Ronnie Nathanielsz reported that the Donaire-Vazquez bout aired on ABS-CBN garnered 32.6% ratings for Total Philippines while GMA 7 rated 15.0% on the same timeslot.

“The highest ratings were registered in South Luzon with a phenomenal 49.7% followed by Mindanao with 44.6% and another hotbed of boxing, the Visayas, with a rating of 40.1%,” said Nathanielsz.

In Metro Manila, the fight rated 29.2% and in Mega Manila 27.3%. The suburbs registered a rating of 24.8%.

The balance of Luzon reported 33.5%, while North Luzon was at 28.7%.

GMA 7 out-rated the bout in Central Luzon where the Donaire-Vazquez match rated 21.6% on ABS-CBN, while GMA rated 22.8% on the same time slot.

In the fight, Donaire hammered out a split decision victory over Vazquez to take home the WBO super bantamweight title.

http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/sports/02...big-tv-ratings

Comment

They don't call him the El Dinero de Vaca for nothing.

Comment

Working...
                    X