No announcement yet.

Congratulations to WV2 for putting on a Clotteyesque performance

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by King of Sting View Post
    LMAO, I see that my comparison of Clottey to WV2 is getting a rise out of the haters. Exactly the response I wanted.

But, y'all are taking what I say literally. I'm not saying that WV2 is some type of Clottey clone. It's just that I didn't expect him to be that cautious. I mean, his corner's words is proof in the puddin'. They kept saying that he can't win a f**kin' fight by just punching one at a time. Can the WV2 fanboys explain why WV2 was limited to punching one at a time for the most part ?

How can that **** impress you in the least bit ? Yeah, he lasted the whole 12, not because he did a great job of fighting, he was simply their to survive and a moral victory was good enough for him.

Let me ask y'all, was WV2 there to survive or win ?
    Because he is the under dog and he won some fans that night.Expectation was high a KO was on every ones mind and it nearly came true.But the under dog weathered the storm and gave the hyped up boxer some problems in the fight.

Comment

WV2 did a lot better than expected! Donaire did less than expected! Plain and simple. I won't critique Donaire because he still got the job done. This is boxing. When u step into the ring we don't know what's going to happen.

Comment

Aahaha i don't want to go back to work I just want to talk boxing.

Comment

i hate clottey for inventing that kind of fight plan...

Comment

Certain fans crack me up. WV2 fought a good fight, jabbed his way through 12. Does ts simply expect fighters to lay down & get ko'd, dummy.

Comment

WV2 did a lot better then everyone expected. He fought very conservatively. I had him only winning round 6 of that fight with Nonito winning every other round.

The judge who scored it 115-112 for Vasquez should never be allowed to judge another boxing fight again. Nonito did have some flaws in that fight. Had he gone to the body more I believe he would have finished Wilfredo.

I think the pressure of being on HBO and TR trying to groom him as the next superstar has affected the way he fights. It seems like he feels he has to always go for the KO or have an extraordinary performance because people have such high standards for him.

He was head hunting waaay to much. Im sure all the Rigondeaux fans and Donaire haters are going to chew Nonito for this performance of not finishing his opponent in spectacular fashion.

Comment

The judge who scored it for wv2 was based on face swelling which is a new type of scoring system.

wv2 put on a poor performance, I think the fact that he tagged Donaire with decent clean shots that really had no affect on Donaire made him even more conservative to throw the right.

Comment

Working...
                X