No announcement yet.

Donaire P4P No3?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
    Yea they're ATG fighters. Donaire isn't. Hell at this point he isn't even a HOF'er.
    I think he's undoubtedly a future HOF'er. Three weight world champion, top 5 (3?) on most peoples P4P list. Look at the last six names on his record and they've all been notable wins. Highlight reel KOs in his two biggest fights.

However, I do think he'll get beaten soon if he fights guys like Nishioka and Rigondeaux (forget Gamboa, Donaire would have no chance in that one IMO). I think he's moving too far up in weight too quickly. I've never understood this crap about him supposedly being too big. If he can make the weight, he can make it. If he's so much naturally bigger than his opponent then maybe his opponent should be making a lower weight himself. Donaire didn't look good on the scales for this fight, he was carrying more fat than I've ever seen him do. I didn't see the post-fight interview but I believe he himself admitted he felt too heavy. He should be fighting at 115 or fighting the best guys at 118.

Like everyone else, I hope he fights Nishioka next. Arce's one of my favourites, but he's at the end of his career at a weight he doesn't belong, easyish work for Donaire IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by dannnnn View Post
      I think he's undoubtedly a future HOF'er. Three weight world champion, top 5 (3?) on most peoples P4P list. Look at the last six names on his record and they've all been notable wins. Highlight reel KOs in his two biggest fights.
      If he retired today he wouldn't be a HOF'er. He needs to accomplish and beat better people than what he is doing to be in the HOF. And, Arce next won't help matter either.

Comment

Originally posted by dancovboxer View Post
        Are you serious? This clown is like watching a p1sshead on strictly come dancing.

I am sick & tired of hearing about his overrated power. He has an average K.O % against midgets because he's a very very overrated puncher.

Montiel = Tiny guy with a fragile chin.
        Ballchinyan = No defense absolutely what so ever!
        Sydorenko = Feather fisted amateur stand out that hasn't been able to adapt to the pro game. Again a tiny, tiny guy.
        Vazquez Jr = An average fighter, half his size that gave him hell & he blamed his hand which seemed perfectly fine until at least the 11th.

This Roy wannabe is garbage. He just got jabbed to death by Vazquez Jr ffs! A guy a shot, ancient Arce took to hell & back.

Typical Bob Arum special. If this guy goes against any of those Cubans, he's as good as dead. Nishioka would bury him too.

He may as well stay in that dead-out division & fight more undersized tomato cans because if he goes anywhere near 126 he gets exposed for what he really is. A hype job that don't even look 'flash' against guys half his size. Rigondeux DESTROYS Donaire.
        yep, agreed.
        there's at least one guy in his current weight class that spanks him, so #3 in the division is more plausible than p4p.
        and to the guy who's saying about what has mayweather done to be #2 p4p, don't even talk about donaire on the same day as mayweather never mind in the same breath. wave a magic wand and stick them in together at teh same weight and donaire is getting treat like floyd's *****.
        'filipino flush'

Comment

Originally posted by dancovboxer View Post
          Are you serious? This clown is like watching a p1sshead on strictly come dancing.

I am sick & tired of hearing about his overrated power. He has an average K.O % against midgets because he's a very very overrated puncher.

Montiel = Tiny guy with a fragile chin.
          Ballchinyan = No defense absolutely what so ever!
          Sydorenko = Feather fisted amateur stand out that hasn't been able to adapt to the pro game. Again a tiny, tiny guy.
          Vazquez Jr = An average fighter, half his size that gave him hell & he blamed his hand which seemed perfectly fine until at least the 11th.

This Roy wannabe is garbage. He just got jabbed to death by Vazquez Jr ffs! A guy a shot, ancient Arce took to hell & back.

Typical Bob Arum special. If this guy goes against any of those Cubans, he's as good as dead. Nishioka would bury him too.

He may as well stay in that dead-out division & fight more undersized tomato cans because if he goes anywhere near 126 he gets exposed for what he really is. A hype job that don't even look 'flash' against guys half his size. Rigondeux DESTROYS Donaire.

wait, so you bonk out friggin rico ramos
          and SUCK against cordoba (the best fighter he ever fought)

and now donaire sucks?

that's how it works?

donaire didnt look horrible last night
          i'd bump him a spot or two p4p because his style needs tweaking
          he needs more punches
          he needs to mix hard ones in and figure out a tempo setting type jab to set up combinations

i know it sounds bonkers for me to be tweaking the style of a p4p boxer, but it doesnt take a rocket scientist to see his flaws

he's a BW/FW who is in love with his power
          it will not work against the best of the best.

most guys his size throw MANY more punches
          and they have all been combination punchers, at least those who enjoyed success.

to be fair, his right hand was roughed up.
          if you guys want a precident for the injury nonito recieved you can check out froch and kessler i think it was

kessler's knuckle was split and there was a similar amount of blood
          Last edited by New England; 02-05-2012, 09:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Paclan View Post
            what is wrong with you people?

Donaire basically said before the fight that he was going to try to knock him out. And thats what he tried to do.

The only thing vazquez did was throw one shot at a time. And when Robert Garcia asked donaire "how's his power?" Donaire said "not good"

So you have a guys with "not good" power who only throws one shot at a time, why focus too much attention on defense? Especially when you already said you were going to knock the guy out.

That's why he was getting hit, plus his style is to invite you to hit him so he can counter, even if it means taking a shot in return- which he did- and is almost half the shots that vazquez landed on him.

For almost every shot that vazquez landed, donaire countered with something harder.

You guys are some princesses. How about you wait until he actually fights rigo or gamboa before you start *****ing about how he's not good enough when he is.
            that's one good reason why he's desperate to avoid rigondeaux. rigo prefers hit and not get hit, and he hits oh so hard. rigo will think it's bleedin christmas being invited to hit donaire.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
              If he retired today he wouldn't be a HOF'er.
              That's your prediction, not fact. If Barry McGuigan's accomplishments were enough to make it in, I see no reason why Donaire's currently would not be.

Comment

Originally posted by keehlnate View Post
                we will definitely see him against rigo and nishioka. if he can't beat those guys then he is officially overrated. i believe his problem now is that he is getting caught up on his own hype.
                Now this is a reasonable stance, for once. Donaire is turning into a head hunter, looking for the memorable knockouts. He was doing fine looking for openings and throwing some body shots until that first time he stunned Vazquez. Then he started chasing the KO. Trying to recreate Darchinyan and Montiel.

Comment

Typical Boxingscene biitching

Comment

I can only imagine if all of these guys that are biitching now saw Rigo's dominating fight against Cordoba

Comment

Who has Rigo beaten, koed in his career??

Same for Gamboa, I think Gamboa beat Donaire, but this mainly because he's a bigger fighter, Donaire is a blown up career super flyweight while Gamboa is a big strong featherweight.

Donaire fought in a new division, had a broken hand, outboxed and dropped the guy, and yet te guy is an hypejob.

What do you expect??Donaire fought ****** wanting to impress but Vasquez jr is a world champion, not the bum of the month.

Comment

Working...
                      X