Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Marquez a harder puncher than Bradley?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 55 wins 40 kos speaks for itself

Comment

• Hey guys, I think the answer is still Bradley.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Lowkey- View Post
        LOL thanks for bumping this, funny to laugh at the people attempting to argue that pillow fisted Bradley hits harder.

It was obvious JMM has more power even before the events of the weekend.

Comment

• bradley of course

Comment

• Originally posted by New England View Post
            not even close.

he throws combinations
            he sets stuff up well

the guy is a bonafide legend.

but he's not a hard puncher at WW
            not by any stretch

bradley is at least a decent puncher
            and he's a good body puncher

at WW marquez is lucky to bust a g****
            he got zero respect from mayweather, the only real WW he ever fought.
            Marquez's power comes from technique and taking advantage of his opponent's momentum.

Comment

• The Juan Manuel Marquez we watched for the past 19 years would be a slightly harder puncher than Bradley at the lower weights. The Juan Manuel Marquez we saw the other night is on another planet.

Comment

• I think it's quite clear Marquez hits harder. He has much, much better technique and puts more into his punches. Bradley throws lots of arm punches and they are very often wide and looping. He struggles to put together straight, well thrown shots that use his whole body to get full torque into them.

Comment

• Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
                  P4P he is....
                  He is so far ahead of Bradley P4P in power that there is simply no bother to even go down that route.

I'll put it another way. Since first stepping up his competition in 2007, when he first faced off with a guy that wasn't just pure, prospect fodder, in Miguel Vasquez, he's had 10 fights. Out of those 10, he's stopped one guy and that was a completely shot to **** Casamayor, who Marquez had stopped in much more emphatic fashion three years earlier. That's one TKO in 10 fights across five and a half years, and that was of a shot, old man, who had been knocked out worse by Marquez many years earlier.

From 135 to 147, apart from his losses, Marquez has stopped every fighter he's fought, except for Sedchenko.

Since 2007, he's had 12 fights, he lost 3 of them and stopped 5 of them, and those 12 fights were of a much higher quality than what Bradley has fought and it's also across a broader range of divisions, from 130 to 147.

If we're going by the same amount of fights as when Bradley first stepped up, ten fights ago, then Marquez has stopped 5 out of 10, while Bradley has only stopped 1 out of 10 and that was, as mentioned, a guy Marquez had knocked out worse years earlier.

Even before this last fight, you could see Pac get hurt and stunned/wobbled numerous times against Marquez and flinch often when thinking of the counter shots. Pac walked through Bradley's shots and honestly looked as if he couldn't even feel them.

Marquez hits harder at 140/147. I would have said clearly to be honest, even before the last Pac fight.

Bradley throws punches that can knock you off balance, but they rarely seem to actually hurt guys. I've still not seen him knock someone down, and they struggle to get back and are out of it. That's his one failing I think. If he had power, he would be a true beast.
                  Last edited by BennyST; 12-10-2012, 06:39 AM.

Comment

• what makes jmm seem to be a hard puncher is he properly throws his punches

proper technique = power. now bradley is the polar opposite. his punches are so sloppy it's not funny

Comment

• Bradley couldnt punch himself out of a wet paper bag

Comment

Working...
                      X