No announcement yet.

How hyped are you for Mayweather/Cotto?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm excited.

I think Cotto is going to get stopped in this one.

Comment

8/10. Canelo would have been a 4/10 for me

Comment

Originally posted by BOX2010 View Post
        @ Imatroll : So losing doesnt give you the chance to get better in your beliefs? once you lose its game over? no getting better in your books?
        Not necessarily. Cotto has taken two massive beatings and hasn't been the same fighter since. He hasn't fought anybody of significance since then. Mayorga? one-eyed Margarito?

Cotto has stamina issues and he will have a LONG night with Floyd if he doesn't get KTFO. I love Cotto and think he deserves a big Payday but I gotta call a spade.. a spade. The fight doesn't interest me.

Comment

Don't really care! Will not buy this fight! Floyd should have fought him years ago before he conveniently retired.

Another example of Floyd taking a fight at a convenient time for him. Now hat Cotto has been through a few wars and past his best! Floyd is a strategic match make. Cotto is low threat at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by Imatroll View Post
            It doesn't matter if the fights at 154 or 160. Cotto is shot. How is Cotto the same guy when he's been beaten into submission/pulp by Margarito and Pacquiao? this was years ago. Stop trying to convince yourself this is a good fight.
            Look at Cotto in 2009 and look at him in 2011......how much of a difference do you see??? Go watch him. His relfexes, ability, is pretty much the same, only he's fighting at 153-154 lbs, where he is a full fledge Super Welterweight.

Mosley is "shot", Margarito is "shot, Jones is "shot", Castillo is "shot". Cotto is not shot.

If Cotto is shot, than Joe Frazier was shot the two times Ali beat him. Frazier had taken a beating from Foreman, but no one called him shot when Ali beat him. Stop trying to downplay anything and everything Mayweather does, it gets old.

If Cotto is shot right now, than he was shot in 2009 when Manny fougth him, because it looks like the same guy, but he actually has a trainer right now, right???

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by 4CornersKid View Post
                Look at Cotto in 2009 and look at him in 2011......how much of a difference do you see??? Go watch him. His relfexes, ability, is pretty much the same, only he's fighting at 153-154 lbs, where he is a full fledge Super Welterweight.

Mosley is "shot", Margarito is "shot, Jones is "shot", Castillo is "shot". Cotto is not shot.

If Cotto is shot, than Joe Frazier was shot the two times Ali beat him. Frazier had taken a beating from Foreman, but no one called him shot when Ali beat him. Stop trying to downplay anything and everything Mayweather does, it gets old.

If Cotto is shot right now, than he was shot in 2009 when Manny fougth him, because it looks like the same guy, but he actually has a trainer right now, right???
                nobody called Frazier shot? Especially in the 3rd fight?

Heres a hint, if youre gonna reference another fighter, make sure he wasnt considered shot

Comment

Originally posted by Imatroll View Post
                  Not necessarily. Cotto has taken two massive beatings and hasn't been the same fighter since. He hasn't fought anybody of significance since then. Mayorga? one-eyed Margarito?

Cotto has stamina issues and he will have a LONG night with Floyd if he doesn't get KTFO. I love Cotto and think he deserves a big Payday but I gotta call a spade.. a spade. The fight doesn't interest me.
                  Cotto hasn't tasted defeat since 09, has had several improvements in trainers. Has to have learned a thing or two since 09. I tend to believe since 09 he has to be a little faster, stronger, more experienced in the ring. I highly doubt 100%, cotto since 09, hasnt been training to be faster, smarter, stronger.

I havent seen any stamina issues in his last two fights. Had the power in the 12 against Mayorga to knock him out and looked really good up until the 10th with Margarito, who you know is a massive pressure fighter. I dont think Cotto was going to just slow down in the finals rounds of that fight. I am sure FLoyd will win this one but it will be exciting. I expect a much better, stronger, faster, more experience, and most importantly more confident Cotto than in 09...

Comment

Wanted this one for a while. Cotto will be a huge underdog, but it'll be the event of the year for boxing, unless we get Pac vs May in November. I'm at a solid 10 right now.

Comment

Cotto isn't shot but he isn't prime that's for sure

Took like what 7 or 8 to stop yuri foreman, and took 12 rounds to stop nearly 40 year old mayogra cmon now.

Then his latest win over margarito I give him credit he looked sharp, but 2 things

1. Who doesn;t look sharp against marg
                      2. marg had a huge handicap with that busted eye

Comment

Working...
                      X