Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather v Martinez @ 154lbs, will it happen?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy View Post
    Floyd can't fight Cotto at 154 than fight Martinez at 150, that would make him look Pacquiao-ish.
    What he said. It has to happen - next fight or the fight after. I'm guessing end of year or next year.

Comment

I'm hoping he fights Martinez at the end of the year then retires.

I have officially given up on the Pacquaio fight.

My main hope now is Martinez at 154.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
        I'm hoping he fights Martinez at the end of the year then retires.

I have officially given up on the Pacquaio fight.

My main hope now is Martinez at 154.
        if he fights Martinez at 154 (or 160, but lets be reasonable) he don't even have to fight Pac. Pac would be the one with full blame, and Floyd would go out with a bang.

I doubt that'll be the case though. I expect Floyd vs Canelo next after a similar circus in the media like this last one.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
          I might be confusing you with some one else, but I thought you were okay with Mayweather-Martinez at 150.
          Not OK with it but it is what it is. I think you are thinking about the thread yesterday about what would happen at 150? I chose Martinez by KO and someone asked me why I was saying it was a joke to fight at 150 if Martinez said he could make 150?

I mean, if that's the only way Floyd would face him and if Martinez says he can do it, then whatever. The reality of it is that Martinez has put on a lot of muscle to make up the weight needed to get up to 160 and maintain that in fighting condition (i.e. little to no fat). That muscle doesn't just go away, it's going to take a long time to lose that in a safe manner......not like 8 weeks or 12 weeks. If the fight were at 154, I'd say it would be an awesome fight but I just don't think Floyd would fight him at 154.

Comment

I am sort of at a weird spot with Sergio and Manny.

I want both fights to happen in 2012, but obviously one 1 can.

I still doubt whehter Floyd will fight Sergio. He has no obligation to, which is why I don't think he will.

Floyd needed to fight Cotto, especially while Cotto is still good.

Floyd or Manny don't need to fight Sergio in all reality.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Balls View Post
              if he fights Martinez at 154 (or 160, but lets be reasonable) he don't even have to fight Pac. Pac would be the one with full blame, and Floyd would go out with a bang.

I doubt that'll be the case though. I expect Floyd vs Canelo next after a similar circus in the media like this last one.
              My dream.......

Mayweather-Cotto at 154 in May 12'.
              Mayweather-Pacquiao in Nov-Dec 12'.
              Mayweather-Sergio/Canelo/Kirkland in May-June 13'.

If Canelo can get wins over someone like Vanes/Trout/Delvin, and than the Kirkland-Molina winner. I think it would make May-Canelo a legit, big fight. It remains to be seen whether or not GBP will actually match him up with them in 2012.

If Saul really wants the Floyd fight, he should fight Vanes/Trout/Delvin next. Not Shane Mosley, who's done.

Comment

Originally posted by 4CornersKid View Post
                I am sort of at a weird spot with Sergio and Manny.

I want both fights to happen in 2012, but obviously one 1 can.

I still doubt whehter Floyd will fight Sergio. He has no obligation to, which is why I don't think he will.

Floyd needed to fight Cotto, especially while Cotto is still good.

Floyd or Manny don't need to fight Sergio in all reality.
                If they want to be remembered as one of the best fighters ever then both of them need to fight and beat Martinez.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Balls View Post

I really don't want to see Canelo, man.

All I want now is Martinez or Pac.

I'm only bearing this Cotto fight because neither of them are available and the options are at an all time low.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                    If they want to be remembered as one of the best fighters ever then both of them need to fight and beat Martinez.
                    Where would you rank Floyd if he were to beat Cotto, followed by Pacquiao, followed by Martinez in 2013. All dominating wins.

Comment

The best way for Floyd to retire is by fighting Canelo for the WBC title at 154 after Cotto, with Canelo coming off a win over a top 10 JMW, and then finish his career by fighting Martinez at a catchweight of 155 or higher. And while Mayweather fights Canelo, Martinez finally gets his 160 WBC title back against the winner of Jr-Rubio..then him and Floyd meet at a cw of 155+ for Martinez's WBC/The Ring 160 title.

Floyd would have finished his career fighting Cotto the "#1" JMW WBA champion, Canelo the #2/3 JMW WBC champion, and Martinez the Middleweight Ring/WBC champion, and of course a 4th Ring title and a finish off a 6 divisional champion.

Floyd can gain so much respect if he finishes off his career like that. He'll leave Pac in the dust. It would be a plus if he finishes off undefeated to go along with retiring as the Middleweight King.

Comment

Working...
                      X