Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather Discusses Cotto Fight, Shreds Pacquiao, More

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cotto wasn't weight drained come on now, he weighed 146 for the Clottey fight didn't he? He made the weight and was fine for the fight. His recent talk was just a way to put pressure on Pac. I think Miguel could still fight at 147 if he wanted to, I always thought of him being to small to be up at 154. I don't know why some of you go about your way to discredit Manny's win like that, and I'm a big Cotto fan.

Manny can't fight above 147, his team realized it after they went for the Margarito fight. There is a limit to how much a guy can go up in weight and still be successful. However, imo if his team really wanted to fight Cotto and Cotto didn't want to come down to 147, then Manny should've met him at around 150, Cotto isn't a big 154lb so at 150 it would've been fine for Manny and Cotto would've also made the weight easily. Regardless, I'm glad it didn't happen, I'd rather see Floyd vs. Cotto, a fight that while a couple of years too late, is still very good and one I've wanted to see for awhile. Better late than never.

And all of you guys talking about leftovers is ridiculous. If fighters are in and around the same division its obvious they will fight similar opponents. And every fighter that isn't undefeated would be someone's "leftover", so why you all spend time arguing over this is beyond me.

I am curious to know why some think Floyd will stop Cotto. Floyd hasn't had a knockout in awhile, last one I remember was Ricky Hatton. I don't count the Ortiz one because of the way it happened. Miguel doesn't have the greatest chin in the world but he's a durable guy and can fight hurt. I got Cotto in the fight but imo if Mayweather beats him it will be in the cards not by stopage.

I do hope Mayweather lets his hands go in the fight though, then we'd be in for a treat. Floyd has been letting his hands go more since he came back, I'm not a big fan of his because I rather watch offense over defense but his last few fights have been entertaining cause he's throwing more.

my two cents.

Comment

• This is going to be a GOOD fight but I doubt this fight will generate 1.3M PPV buys, this fight is only 3 months away. Plus Pac's destruction of Cotto will affect it's promotions. Cotto literally run away from Pac, so I doubt this will be Cotto's biggest payday. Having said that, I pick Cotto to TKO Jr within 8 rounds.

Comment

• PAQUIAO is a BHIATCH !!!

at least Cotto and JMM aint afraid to throw down....
        Last edited by ChiRock773; 02-01-2012, 07:20 PM.

Comment

• Where was Floyd's willingness to make Marquez 'comfortable?'

Comment

• Originally posted by WESS View Post
            Calm down, what are you mad about chief? lol

Cotto is shyt, been shyt and will only be even more shyt when Mayweather toys with him.

Problem is, since Bob ducked the fight for the man Pac, this is the best option outside of moving up to MW and fighting Martinez.

At the end of the day, nobody from 140-154 beats Mayweather and this is why people will have a problem with who ever Mayweather fights.

Hell Mayweather vs Pac will be nothing more than Mayweather Hatton. All hype before hand but shyt talking and excuses after the fact.
            Damn dude do u At least take Floyd's d¡ck out of ur mouth when u eat

Comment

• Floyd going up to 154 again shows that he is trying to prove something about himself and his legacy (even though he acts like he doesn't care). I still don't think Cotto is shot. If that were the case, Bob would have worked out a rematch against Pac at 150. I wonder if Floyd will be willing to fight Martinez at 154.

Comment

• The cuban trainer will make the difference for Cotto.

He will come up with a good game plan and has helped Cotto like in the Margo fight.

Cotto still has speed of hand and foot and has three fights down as wins going into this fight.

This is JR.s first fight with an elite Welter Weight which should have taken place after the Hatton debacle. But we all know she chickened out.

It will be interesting to see how Cotto will do this fight.

Ol Potshot will do his thang and potshot all nite,

get boring as usual unless the Cuban can crank up Cotto to shine as bright as never before

Comment

• Originally posted by GRUSTLER View Post
                  Want to make a bet that Floyd stops Cotto late in the fight? Not sure what round yet but am thinking the 10th or 11th towel stoppage. All in all lets bet 10MIL that Floyd stops Cotto. You in?
                  lol

Comment

• go floyd....

Comment

• Originally posted by WHY U MAD SON View Post
                      "And we're not even talking about what he would make on the backend"

Pacquiao is a scared ducking h0e and has no one to fight in June.

I LOL at how bad Arum and Pacquiao screwed this up for themselves.
                      All dumb@$$ language mang, LMAO !!!

S##Thook has Pacman on de mind mang,,,can't shake him off, LMAO

Comment

Working...
                      X