Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Better version of Cotto: Manny version or May version?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Everyone b*tching about Pac and Cotto fighting a single pound below his previous fight are ridiculous. Does everyone realize Cotto tried to put a CW on his Margarito rematch? Hypocrisy around here is stunning. Mayweather had a catchweight with JMM. CW's happen all the time. It all comes down to one fighter having way more clout than another fighter. Everyone wake. up.

Comment

Originally posted by DrewWoodside View Post
      Everyone b*tching about Pac and Cotto fighting a single pound below his previous fight are ridiculous. Does everyone realize Cotto tried to put a CW on his Margarito rematch? Hypocrisy around here is stunning. Mayweather had a catchweight with JMM. CW's happen all the time. It all comes down to one fighter having way more clout than another fighter. Everyone wake. up.

How come Brandon Rios couldn't make weight vs Murray, but he made weight vs Antillon which was his previous fight? or Joan Guzman, Nate Campbell, and Manny Pacquiao?

Comment

That's easy.

Weight drained just destroyed by (allegedly illegal glove wielding) Margarito or 3 consecutive wins including one against (previous allegedly illegal glove wielding)Margarito at his natural weight of 154.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Balls View Post
          i have no idea. I think Cotto looked quite bad against Clottey, but even though hes looked good against Margarito and the likes, you have to account for them being shot to ****.

Cotto could be as good as he was in 09, and he could be significantly worse. I have no way to judge it.
          have u forgotten that he fought with blood streaming down his face for 11 rds due to a headbutt?

Comment

Here you go.

Manny's Cotto was a drained mixed results fighter. He won but unimpresively before Manny.

Floyd's Cotto is a post Margarito and Manny beat down but he seems to have rejuvenated his mental strength and will be fighting at his more proper weight.

So it's about even but I do like Cotto at 154 more than below 147.

Comment

well cheato robbed cotto of a little something for ever more, but I think taking everything into account the cotto facing floyd will be a bit better than the one that fought manny.

Comment

I'll say the Manny version. Having said that, Cotto didn't had a legit trainer in his corner when he fought Manny. IMO, it was definitely a disadvantage X factor in that fight more so than the weight itself.

Comment

Cotto was ranked #1 contender in a very deep division (behind Mosley, who was the champ), was at the top 10 P4P list, was fresher, and was an even (or slight) fight for Pac

Cotto now is barely ranked #1 contender in a shallow division, has left the P4P list, is a older, and is coming in a heavy underdog for May...

So yeah .. Cotto-Pac >>> Cotto-May.. But I will give credit to Floyd if he beats Cotto now..

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
                    Here you go.

Manny's Cotto was a drained mixed results fighter. He won but unimpresively before Manny.

Floyd's Cotto is a post Margarito and Manny beat down but he seems to have rejuvenated his mental strength and will be fighting at his more proper weight.

So it's about even but I do like Cotto at 154 more than below 147.
                    Cotto weighed-in @ 146lbs when he fought Margarito for the first time after that He flought Pac @ 145lbs a 1lb difference. During that time he was a welterweight.

A pound is insignificant..

fast forward 4 years later,
                    Cotto is already damaged goods. Right now he is a Blown up 154 where he is actually a natural welterweight who just aged to higher weight coz that's what old men have deal with when you age you gain more weight. All it says is that Cotto is Old.

Now it's an old battle worn fighter. A left over ripe for the picking.

Comment

Originally posted by House of Stone View Post
                      well cheato robbed cotto of a little something for ever more, but I think taking everything into account the cotto facing floyd will be a bit better than the one that fought manny.
                      lol, you are contradicting yourself. Cheato robbed cotto for beating him down then say he is a better version?

Cotto is a battle worn jalopy.

Comment

Working...
                      X