Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Better version of Cotto: Manny version or May version?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1. To anyone saying you don't get better as you get older... Bernard Hopkins, now just STFU. Just because you aren't in your physical prime doesn't mean your brains can't make up for it.

2. The people saying you don't need to use your brains against Floyd, what else are you supposed to do just go in there mindlessly throwing 100+ punches and end up getting KTFO? With that logic you guys are saying Margarito would beat Floyd. Idiots.

3. The weight may or may not have affected Cotto. But losing an extra one or two pounds when you were already CUTTING weight to make it DOES NOT make you better, period. Also you can't deny Cotto at 154 is better than he is at 145.

This version of Cotto is better than the Manny version because he is a better fighter. He did well against Manny for 4 rounds and got hurt because he did so BAD technically. He was open even more for uppercuts and he was throwing punches OVER his head. This and the lack of gameplan can be attributed to a lack of a trainer who was a nutrionalist and never boxed a day in his life. That's the equivalent of taking a pharmacist and asking him to perform brain surgery. Yes, he might now what medication to give you and help you get stronger it doesn't mean he knows the ins and outs of the true medical business. Dr's give the prescriptions and pharmacists just put them in the bottle for you.

This version of Cotto is smarter and he will figure out quite a bit from Floyd. How easily people forget he has demolished every boxer he's faced and his trainer... Look Floyd fights an amateur style, if you're going to want to have someone to help you why not be the LEAD trainer for 15+ years in Cuba. Not to mention Cotto had just a long an amateur career as Floyd. Cotto will at WORST make this fight look like Pac/Marquez in the sense that Floyd will look human, vulnerable and beatable.
    Last edited by Beater_of_ass; 02-03-2012, 11:10 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beater_of_ass View Post
      1. To anyone saying you don't get better as you get older... Bernard Hopkins, now just STFU. Just because you aren't in your physical prime doesn't mean your brains can't make up for it.

2. The people saying you don't need to use your brains against Floyd, what else are you supposed to do just go in there mindlessly throwing 100+ punches and end up getting KTFO? With that logic you guys are saying Margarito would beat Floyd. Idiots.

3. The weight may or may not have affected Cotto. But losing an extra one or two pounds when you were already CUTTING weight to make it DOES NOT make you better, period. Also you can't deny Cotto at 154 is better than he is at 145.

This version of Cotto is better than the Manny version because he is a better fighter. He did well against Manny for 4 rounds and got hurt because he did so BAD technically. He was open even more for uppercuts and he was throwing punches OVER his head. This and the lack of gameplan can be attributed to a lack of a trainer who was a nutrionalist and never boxed a day in his life. That's the equivalent of taking a pharmacist and asking him to perform brain surgery. Yes, he might now what medication to give you and help you get stronger it doesn't mean he knows the ins and outs of the true medical business. Dr's give the prescriptions and pharmacists just put them in the bottle for you.

This version of Cotto is smarter and he will figure out quite a bit from Floyd. How easily people forget he has demolished every boxer he's faced and his trainer... Look Floyd fights an amateur style, if you're going to want to have someone to help you why not be the LEAD trainer for 15+ years in Cuba. Not to mention Cotto had just a long an amateur career as Floyd. Cotto will at WORST make this fight look like Pac/Marquez in the sense that Floyd will look human, vulnerable and beatable.

*****s: Cotto is a shot... pac/cotto 2 is a waste of time...
      *****s: Pac is fighting floyds leftovers

Floyd: I will fight cotto on may 5!

*****s: The fight of the century! This is it!

hahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Legit fight! I'm amped!
      Cotto is bigger stronger slow as a turtle I'm amped!

Comment

• Originally posted by Spoon23 View Post
        *****s: Cotto is a shot... pac/cotto 2 is a waste of time...
        *****s: Pac is fighting floyds leftovers

Floyd: I will fight cotto on may 5!

*****s: The fight of the century! This is it!

hahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Legit fight! I'm amped!
        Cotto is bigger stronger slow as a turtle I'm amped!
        lolz that may be an exaggeration bro but some truth to it anway I am a pac fan but I do think PBF-Cotto is legit ...

Comment

• Floyd version WHY BECAUES HE WONT BE WEIGHT DRAIN
          IF PAC WOULD HAVE THE BALLS TO FACE COTTO AT 147 I WOULD HAVE PICK PAC

ITS THAT SIMPLE

Comment

• Originally posted by solo20 View Post
            Floyd version WHY BECAUES HE WONT BE WEIGHT DRAIN
            IF PAC WOULD HAVE THE BALLS TO FACE COTTO AT 147 I WOULD HAVE PICK PAC

ITS THAT SIMPLE
            Forgot to mention Cotto @ 154 is very very slow. It's that simple

Comment

• Originally posted by JOM'S View Post
              lolz that may be an exaggeration bro but some truth to it anway I am a pac fan but I do think PBF-Cotto is legit ...
              Legit? I can agree to a degree, but in my view, it will never be competitive. Not back at JWW, WW or now at JMW.

However, due to the situation and that nobody from 140 to 154 (part of the situation) can beat Floyd, this is the best option available until Floyd moves up and fights Martinez at MW.

I think we could see a one and done at MW for Floyd right before he retires. Now if that fight will be Martinez is not known. Because Martinez is closer to 40 than 30 and by the time Floyd does move up, he probably will be 40 and we all know what happens if Floyd fights a 40 year old even if they are a Champion and dominating the devision....

Comment

• Originally posted by WESS View Post
                Legit? I can agree to a degree, but in my view, it will never be competitive. Not back at JWW, WW or now at JMW.

However, due to the situation and that nobody from 140 to 154 (part of the situation) can beat Floyd, this is the best option available until Floyd moves up and fights Martinez at MW.

I think we could see a one and done at MW for Floyd right before he retires. Now if that fight will be Martinez is not known. Because Martinez is closer to 40 than 30 and by the time Floyd does move up, he probably will be 40 and we all know what happens if Floyd fights a 40 year old even if they are a Champion and dominating the devision....
                Very simple question Wess, Why would Floyd need to move up if Martinez is willing to fight him at 154?

Comment

• Despite having another L on his record and some extra wear and tear i think unquestionably between having a solid trainer, not having to drain himself in weight and being back to full confidence having avenged the Margarito defeat the version Mayweather will be facing is the better.

Id FAVOUR this version of Cotto over Manny Pacquaio.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                    Very simple question Wess, Why would Floyd need to move up if Martinez is willing to fight him at 154?
                    A. If floyd won its another belt at a another weight class.

B. we all know that if a career JMW like Martinez who's been fighting at MW moves south to JMW people will cry for years on end.
                    - not to mention people crying that Martinez would be 187 years old.
                    - its a damned if you do damned if you don't situation every time for Floyd.

Comment

• I gotta say it's even, Cotto has not made some amazing transformation in my eyes. He's always been a solid fight, against Marg he was better conditioned then i'd say he was the first time, which is why he was able to keep it up until the stoppage.

Don't see him beating Mayweather, but i do see him making it a good fight.
                      Last edited by AllEyesOpen; 02-04-2012, 10:33 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X