Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just rewatched Cotto vs Margarito 2...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cotto doesn't pack the same punching power as Mosley, I mean Margarito even had a HUGE smile on his face when Pacquiao was rearranging his face. No Cotto didn't do what Pacquiao did, hence Cotto is Cotto and Pacquiao is Pacquiao...

Cotto came with a BOXING gameplan and performed, there's no way in hell that Margarito was gonna do anything different besides try to open up some more in the last 3 rounds..he was down 9-0 or 8-1 if you want to be generous..he wasn't gonna do anything differently, and Cotto wasn't slowing down, still landing about 50% of his shots in round 9.

I'm not sure why this is even in question, if a 3rd match happens, it's a repeat, Margarito can't adapt, his skills are not good at all..his pressure and chin got him to the championship level, his lack of skills got him off that ladder quick!..

Comment

This guy is going to end up blind in one eye. Pride goeth before the fall.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
        You people actually equate what Mosley did to Tony with what Cotto did....? WOW....
        where in my post do you get that from?

you used margarito's smiling as his way of showing he wasn't hurt. you could've used his punch output, his constant pressure, but YOU were the one dumb enough to use his smile as a meter of how hurt (or not hurt) he was against cotto

tell me then: was he smiling for another reason while on the floor against shane? since you are such a great smile analyzer, perhaps you could clear that up

why was margarito smiling against shane?

Comment

Cotto would've found a way to quit....

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
            Cotto would've found a way to quit....
            too bad he wasn't close to finding one up until the stoppage, after kicking margo's anus for 9 rounds

Comment

How did hitting Cotto's arm make his face look like this....

Can you tell the difference?

Comment

Originally posted by popster View Post
                where in my post do you get that from?

you used margarito's smiling as his way of showing he wasn't hurt. you could've used his punch output, his constant pressure, but YOU were the one dumb enough to use his smile as a meter of how hurt (or not hurt) he was against cotto

tell me then: was he smiling for another reason while on the floor against shane? since you are such a great smile analyzer, perhaps you could clear that up

why was margarito smiling against shane?
                I used more than his smile to know he wasn't hurt.

Did you really just open an account to complain about my post on why Tony was smiling....LOL wtf? Smile analyser?? You really read far too much into what I said.

Comment

I think the fact that he got knocked down, stumbled back to his corner and his eyes were rolling around in his head showed that he was hurt against Shane.

None of which happened or ever will happen against Cotto.
                  In your mind DO YOU HONESTLY FEEL YOU MADE A POINT?...lol OMG

You tried to say that Tonys smiling meant Cotto did not hurt him.

I come back with Tony was smiling while being tattooed by Shane, Tony even smiled while he was layed out Pac must not have hurt him either...So Tonys smile means nothing...AND THATS YOUR COMEBACK!?
                  Last edited by Einstien; 01-29-2012, 07:24 PM.

Comment

I think the fact that he got knocked down, stumbled back to his corner and his eyes were rolling around in his head showed that he was hurt against Shane.

None of which happened or ever will happen against Cotto.
                    If you watch rounds 8-9 Cotto was sitting more on his power punches than earlier on the fight. Placing more power behind his hooks, and landing some serious bombs. Cotto had a good chance of stopping Tony via KO had the fight gone longer.

Comment

Originally posted by popster View Post
                      too bad he wasn't close to finding one up until the stoppage, after kicking margo's anus for 9 rounds
                      It was only the 9th round.... he's quiting starts @ the 11 or 12th round

Comment

Working...
                      X