No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Nonito Donaire Would Consider Abner Mares, But at 122

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by brick wall View Post
    oh please rigo has not fought anyone of mares' caliber in the pros...and rigo's resume pales in comparison to mares. mares has earned every right to fight donaire...something you can't say about rigo.
    Mares did prove his worth at 118 with his wins in the tournament. And I agree Mares has a much better resume as a pro, but he hasn't had a fought at 122 yet either. As far as Rigo's resume, its still somewhat impressive for only having 9 fights. Part of it is promotional issues he has had and the fact he's high risk low reward for any belt holders. And the fact remains that Rigo has a belt at 122 now and is definitely has speed, power and skills to trouble anyone.

Comment

For those of you little B1TCHES who are having hissy fits over Donaire fighting Rigo, why don't you just get a photo of both and climb into your parents attic and jack the fuk off why fantasizing about the fight and shut the fuk up. I dont see Rigo fans SCREAMING about Rigo fighting Arce, Cordoba or Nishioka. Your bias is obvious!

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
        For those of you little B1TCHES who are having hissy fits over Donaire fighting Rigo, why don't you just get a photo of both and climb into your parents attic and jack the fuk off why fantasizing about the fight and shut the fuk up. I dont see Rigo fans SCREAMING about Rigo fighting Arce, Cordoba or Nishioka. Your bias is obvious!
        i don't think any rigo fans are really thinking about those other guys, they want him to go straight at the 'p4p' guy, straight for the jugular.
        if donaire had the same sorta attitude we'd all be happy.

Comment

Mares beats Donaire, Arce and Vasquez Jr.

Comment

Hahah. Ask Mares how was his fight with Rigo when they were amateurs.
            Silver medalist at the 2003 Pan American Games, losing to Guillermo Rigondeaux

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
              ...because we'd rather see Rigo-Donaire?

Comment

Abenr lost already with Rigo. You have to respect the only 2x Olympic Gold Medalust who is out there.
                Silver medalist at the 2003 Pan American Games, losing to Guillermo Rigondeaux

Comment

Mares has problems @'18 & @'22 worse as he really hasn't the power vs the elite...

Comment

Why didn't he fight Mares and Moreno while he was at 118, yet was considered a p4p fighter?
                    Arum take note, Nonito's making his wish list @122 already !

Comment

Originally posted by Cubanstyle View Post
                      Why didn't he fight Mares and Moreno while he was at 118, yet was considered a p4p fighter?
                      Arum take note, Nonito's making his wish list @122 already !
                      Because he was weight drained.He had problems making 112 to 118.What surprises me is how people don't take that into consideration.Yeah, people say he is big for the weight.I've seen fights of him at 112 and he was drained as ****.I was surprised he did not collapse in these fights it did effect (weaken) his legs though.

Comment

Working...
                      X