No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Donaire Would Rather Fight Gamboa Than Rigondeaux

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by richardt View Post
    Rigo needs to change his style and become more aggressive to market himself. He was boring in the Cordoba fight and was boring the entire Rico fight till the last 30 seconds. No one wants to see a stink out fight with Rigo till he becomes more exciting and can prove otherwise.
    i respect rigos skill no doubt...but to say donaire is ducking rigo after a boring fight with cordoba and ramos is just moronic....

Comment

I like Donaires attitude. He wants to be a peoples champion. Hopefully he stays that way. He is absolutely right about Rigo. He is good but I honestly do not care much about seeing the dude fight after his last couple fights. Snooze fest for the most part. You have my support Nonito

Comment

Originally posted by bluetuazon View Post
        why would he?? ahhhhh....u mustve slept while watching rigo huh??
        that doesn't actually make any sense in that context

Comment

Originally posted by bluetuazon View Post
          i respect rigos skill no doubt...but to say donaire is ducking rigo after a boring fight with cordoba and ramos is just moronic....
          judging a fighter by how boring their last fight or two may or may not have been is a little bizarre, especially if the argument is being used to defend a boxer who's last fight was god awful because he had zero ideas as to what to do with a (very, admittedly) defensive fighter.

why is it people can't appreciate quality, only 'excitement'?

Comment

I thought Gamboa was jumping to 130 and 135???

I really wish we could confirm what Yuri is doing next.

Comment

Originally posted by frosty-g View Post
              . why is it people can't appreciate quality, only 'excitement'?
              Quality only works if you can transfer it to a style or personality that works. A fighter needs to be exciting to be a major draw. Boring is for ESPN fights, not for main events and PPV's.

Comment

scared chump. all the good fighters aren't known like these hyped up bums

Comment

I doubt Arum pits Rigondeaux against Donaire anytime soon; maybe later at 126. I really hope Donaire fights Nishioka soon. But I have a bad feeling he'll fight Arce and Marquez next.

Comment

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
                    As it stands I see Gamboa as the bigger threat and more entertaining opponent. How is this a bad thing?
                    Not the bigger threat at all, actually. A big threat to nonito is a patient fighter, something gamboa is not. What gamboa is, however, is someone who will put his chin up far too many times when he comes in, and probably get hurt really bad by Nonitos counter in the process.

Gamboa is actually, on paper, tailer made for a counter puncher. Though he can counter with the best of them himself, when he opens up, he likes to shoe shine, with his chin way up, and is easy to hit.

Comment

I would say Arum will give Fernando Montiel a chance against Rigondeaux next, kinda what he did with Juanma and Gamboa in terms of comparison with Mtagwa.
                      But if Wilfredo Vazquez Jr loses, and he is a candidate to do so vs Donaire next week, then I don't see a reason why to match him vs Rigondeaux, if we take WVJ and Mtagwa as a comun denominator.
                      Who would be the one at superbantam to compare to Salido to match to his two men ?

Comment

Working...
                      X