Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd's 8 title run, would u respect it?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mesher View Post
    ******ed post of the day, least make these names reputable or well known in boxing to the majority of boxing fans....massive fail
    Who gives a fock about the casual, and I guess David Diaz was a world beater & Clottey is on every boxing fans wall.
    You ******ed azz cynical puzzys can't even have a decent boxing convo.
    This site is way to saturated with depressed armchair wArriors

Comment

i would love to see Floyd weigh 157lb's on weigh in night, let alone 166 & 170lb's.

Comment

All I know is, in the Clottey-Cotto fight, I would have much rather be Clottey in the end. IMO he took less punishment and dished out more punishment. Cotto looked like the beaten man, and scraped by with an SD in his own hometown. Like I said, not a robbery, definitely a little early 2009 Christmas gift for Cotto. Cotto definitely looked like the weaker, more beaten up fighter in the fight, and Clottey looked like he had the fight in the bag before the judges thought otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
          All I know is, in the Clottey-Cotto fight, I would have much rather be Clottey in the end. IMO he took less punishment and dished out more punishment. Cotto looked like the beaten man, and scraped by with an SD in his own hometown. Like I said, not a robbery, definitely a little early 2009 Christmas gift for Cotto. Cotto definitely looked like the weaker, more beaten up fighter in the fight, and Clottey looked like he had the fight in the bag before the judges thought otherwise.

Clottey gave that fight away by not doing squat in the final round...he deserved to lose

Comment

You're talking about Clottey vs Cotto?

And he got a gift in that fight.

What's the point in mentioning who he fought when he lost? He got gifts in both the Mosley fight in 2007 and the Clottey fight in 2009. His best two wins, two gift decisions. One of them was a draw, the other one Clottey should have gotten the W.

Of course i'm not gonna mention that fight. Cotto looked like crap, looked like the loser in that fight. That's why Roach and Team Pac went with Cotto. They wanted no part of Mosley. Look at Roach's quote, I didn't make it up, Roach said it himself.
            that's a fine position to have except when you mention pac fighting clottey you say clottey was a bum who was coming off a loss and never beat anyone. if you thought clottey beat cotto isn't that a legit fight for pac? you can't have it both ways.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
              that's a fine position to have except when you mention pac fighting clottey you say clottey was a bum who was coming off a loss and never beat anyone. if you thought clottey beat cotto isn't that a legit fight for pac? you can't have it both ways.
              Can you get the quote where I said this?

I have always said that Hatton and Clottey are the two best opponents Pacquiao has fought from 140-147. If I could, I would even get the dozens of times I said that. But I don't have time for that, I am almost leaving to get me some Cantonese take-out.

But okay, keep putting words in my keyboard. I never said that, and if I did, I would have gladly just explained myself. But I praise Pacquiao for fighting Hatton and Clottey. The way the fights ended was not Pacquiao's fault.

Unless you can quote me at least once, when I said this, you will lose a lot of points in my book for making things up about me.

Comment

Clottey won that....I had it 8-4 at first...watched it a gang of times afterwards and always get 7-5 Clottey....he landed the cleaner more telling shots and he had Cotto in survival mode midway through....I don't think it was THAT close or could've gone either way....Clottey was the CLEAR winner imo

Comment

Can you get the quote where I said this?

I have always said that Hatton and Clottey are the two best opponents Pacquiao has fought from 140-147. If I could, I would even get the dozens of times I said that. But I don't have time for that, I am almost leaving to get me some Cantonese take-out.

But okay, keep putting words in my keyboard. I never said that, and if I did, I would have gladly just explained myself. But I praise Pacquiao for fighting Hatton and Clottey. The way the fights ended was not Pacquiao's fault.

Unless you can quote me at least once, when I said this, you will lose a lot of points in my book for making things up about me.
                  no offense but i really dont pay attention to which *****s say what so my mistake at least you have some sense. if 2 top welterweights fight each other and its a razor close decision is the guy who won/lost by 1 point an easy target? is the guy who won/lost by a point shot? i don't really understand why you would say that. floyd lost the first castillo fight so i guess he was an easy target after that? close fights happen when top guys fight each other. you can't expect them to dominate every time out and if they are dominating every time out they are more than likely cherry picking. why not just give pac credit for fighting both? it's not like they were 1 hit wonders like baldomir and fell off the face of the earth.

Comment

You're talking about Clottey vs Cotto?

And he got a gift in that fight.

What's the point in mentioning who he fought when he lost? He got gifts in both the Mosley fight in 2007 and the Clottey fight in 2009. His best two wins, two gift decisions. One of them was a draw, the other one Clottey should have gotten the W.

Of course i'm not gonna mention that fight. Cotto looked like crap, looked like the loser in that fight. That's why Roach and Team Pac went with Cotto. They wanted no part of Mosley. Look at Roach's quote, I didn't make it up, Roach said it himself.
                    Sure and Berto beat Collazo by a landslide. Derp.

Comment

Originally posted by SekondzOut View Post
                      Clottey won that....I had it 8-4 at first...watched it a gang of times afterwards and always get 7-5 Clottey....he landed the cleaner more telling shots and he had Cotto in survival mode midway through....I don't think it was THAT close or could've gone either way....Clottey was the CLEAR winner imo
                      I thought Cotto beat Clottey. I had Cotto wining by a point. And, I had Cotto-Mosley a draw.

Comment

Working...
                      X