Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd's 8 title run, would u respect it?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
    Berto defending his titles against Collazo and Quintana>Cotto beating Jennings for the WBO titles.

Come on, all of these gullible people. You were probably not around at the time or something, but Mosley and Berto at the time, would have been much better picks than Cotto. Cotto was at a rebuilding stage, being babied after his loss to Margarito. It was agreed upon at the time that Cotto was damaged goods. All of a sudden, he was the best pick.
    weird that you left out the fight where he fought the third best guy in the division clottey. coincidence i guess. were collazo and quintana the third best guys in the division...........did they have belts like clottey............

agreed upon by *****s who hate cotto because floyd ducked him yes.

Comment

So now we're talking about a fight that looked like a Draw in 2007? Or are we talking about who was the best in 2009?

What are we talking about here?
      Draw! hahaha. 13 Months later. Cotto lost to marg who COULD of been using illegal raps at the time who knows.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
        weird that you left out the fight where he fought the third best guy in the division clottey. coincidence i guess. were collazo and quintana the third best guys in the division...........did they have belts like clottey............
        You're talking about Clottey vs Cotto?

And he got a gift in that fight.

What's the point in mentioning who he fought when he lost? He got gifts in both the Mosley fight in 2007 and the Clottey fight in 2009. His best two wins, two gift decisions. One of them was a draw, the other one Clottey should have gotten the W.

Of course i'm not gonna mention that fight. Cotto looked like crap, looked like the loser in that fight. That's why Roach and Team Pac went with Cotto. They wanted no part of Mosley. Look at Roach's quote, I didn't make it up, Roach said it himself.

Comment

He got gifts in both the Mosley fight

Comment

What's the point in mentioning who he fought when he lost? He got gifts in both the Mosley fight in 2007 and the Clottey fight in 2009. His best two wins, two gift decisions. One of them was a draw, the other one Clottey should have gotten the W.

Of course i'm not gonna mention that fight. Cotto looked like crap, looked like the loser in that fight. That's why Roach and Team Pac went with Cotto. They wanted no part of Mosley. Look at Roach's quote, I didn't make it up, Roach said it himself.
            If one wants to argue that Cotto got a gift with Clottey. Then an argument can be made that Berto got a gift with Collazo.

At the time Cotto was better than Berto. But, Mosley was better than Cotto. The right time to fight Berto was May of 2011. Not in 09' nor in 2010.

Comment

No point in carrying on you obviously got a hate for cotto so... laters

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
                He is saying he got gift in both Mosley and Clottey fight. Which I completely disagree.

Neither fights were gifts decisions. Both fights were close competitive fights that could have went either way though.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
                  .................................................. ........
                  Madison Square Garden. Both the Clottey and Mosley fights took place there, Cotto's second home. They were not robberies, just gifts.

Comment

a bunch of little 14 year old kids on a boxing forum in which 95% of them don't know **** about boxing...

nobody is trying to earn those type of fans respect, they are YOUNG AND DUMB and they really don't have a true understand of what they are watching and they know is "Power Punches" and "Knock Outs" and if you don't get a lot of "Knock Outs" then to them your not that good

as they get older and mature and really get a better understanding of the sport...then they will look back and say "YOU KNOW WHAT...I DID NOT LIKE MAYWEATHER WHEN I WAS A KID...BUT HE WAS ONE OF THE GREATEST"

that is exactly what I say about Ray Leonard who I did not like growing up because I was more of a Duran, Hagler and Hearns fans...but as I got older and really looked back at Ray Leonard's fights I was able to give the man his props and admit that no question he was one of the greatest
                    Last edited by KnockUTheFukOut; 01-24-2012, 06:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by flat1985 View Post
                      No point in carrying on you obviously got a hate for cotto so... laters
                      Yep, i'm the wrong user to debate about Cotto, cause I really hate his fans and I think he's overrated. But that doesn't change that the judges were generous to him in the Mosley and Clottey fights because of the fans influence and being in the MSG.

Comment

Working...
                      X