No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roach: Floyd Mayweather is Scared, No November Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by leonthegee View Post
    You cant think like a fight fan. You have to think about the business end. You have to show a little empathy and try and put yourself in their shoes. Arum, Shafer, Floyd, and Haymon have made a lot of money by sticking to their guns and playing hardball.

If I was Floyd id be thinking this guys making 6 to 7 mil per fight an im making 40 to 50 mil. What makes him entitled to 50/50 when hes never made anything close to that. So what you do is you offer him 30 mil and hope that hes gratefull enough to take it. Its not 50/50 but its still more than he can get fighting anybody else out there. Hate Floyd or love him you gotta admit its a brilliant strategy.

Brilliant strategy to avoid the fight.

Comment

Floyd Mayweather is a straight up chicken. Chicken Floyd Gayweather. He would've lost to Oscar and Shane had they been in their primes.

Comment

Originally posted by BartBears View Post
        Brilliant strategy to avoid the fight.
        Simple minded fool. Mannys the one broke remember not Floyd.

Comment

Major Road Blocks The Last Two Plus Years.......

1. Extra Speacial Drug Test (The NSAC Evaluated Changing the Testing Policies and Invited Floyd to Show Up and Make His Case He Declined)

(Manny Agreed To His Request)

2. Floyd Retiring Every Second

(Manny Keep Fighting Bigger Guys)

3. Floyd Said and I quote "I'm Not Thinking About Boxing Right Now"

(Arum kept offering fights, remember the deadline and negotiation attempts during the before the Margarito fight)

4. Floyd Beating His BM and Signing Contracts to Fight on May 5th Without Consulting Pacquiao to See If May 5th is a Good Day For Him

(Manny explored fighting in May and even on May 5th and now Floyd doesn't want a 50/50 split and not to mention it's not Manny fault that Floyd has to go to jail for admittingly beating on women and signing contracts before consulting Pacquiao which makes negotiating impossible when one guy is saying it has to be this way (my way) because I like to beat women and I already signed contracts without talking to you.

5. Now Floyd Doesn't Want a 50/50 Split

One guys has a reputation of being boring and avoiding fighters and even cried on TV serveral times because the commentators dared to take him to task for fighting Judah after the Baldomir fight and then fighting Baldomir

The other guy wiped out four weight classes and fought the top three guys in their weight class in their prime (Barerra x2, Morales x3, Marquez x3) and yet and still was able to get to WWs like Cotto, Clottey, and Margarito guys that Floyd couldn't get too because he was too busy retiring and chasing down Judah and Baldomir... LOL

Manny has never had trouble making fights in his career and has never been acussed of being a ducker from 106 to 147... Could you say the same for Floyd????

Even guys fighting Tyson and Foreman wasn't asking for extra special test for someone that the could I qoute "BEAT EASILY" based on fights they seen when the guy was in their minds on the stuff... Floyd says he's Jordan and Pacquiao is Starks... Well do you think Jordan would have ask Starks for extra test????

FACTS are FACTS, and History is History, Floyd has been labeled a boring fighter and ducker for a reason and it's been given to him LONG before Pacquiao was considered as an opponent... Just like he has been accused of beating women several times since 2002 long before finally going to jail. He is who he is... A Gifted and Talented CLOWN who will end up a tragic figure once the lights go out which thank god will be soon because he turns 35 in less than a month...

Comment

Originally posted by mikemurni View Post
            So? He said that its already off the table..And its back to 50/50
            Lol and you don't see the irony of it either

Comment

Like I said before: Mayweather gave Top Rank the perfect out. I lose more respect for Freddie Roach every day. This is the same guy that said that he wants Pacquiao to have a tune up fight for a November fight, there wasn't enough time to promote a May 5th fight, and that he doesn't think Pacquiao should give in to Mayweathers drug testing demands, all in the last 2 weeks.

The media will eat it up because of Mayweather's personality. It looks like Top Ranks strategy is to throw as much **** as possible and find out what sticks.

I also find it hilarious that some of you are still sticking with the "Mayweather is scared to fight Pacquiao" line. Its pathetic
              Last edited by jcpryor; 01-24-2012, 09:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Stl_Buay View Post
                Major Road Blocks The Last Two Plus Years.......

1. Extra Speacial Drug Test (The NSAC Evaluated Changing the Testing Policies and Invited Floyd to Show Up and Make His Case He Declined)

(Manny Agreed To His Request)

2. Floyd Retiring Every Second

(Manny Keep Fighting Bigger Guys)

3. Floyd Said and I quote "I'm Not Thinking About Boxing Right Now"

(Arum kept offering fights, remember the deadline and negotiation attempts during the before the Margarito fight)

4. Floyd Beating His BM and Signing Contracts to Fight on May 5th Without Consulting Pacquiao to See If May 5th is a Good Day For Him

(Manny explored fighting in May and even on May 5th and now Floyd doesn't want a 50/50 split and not to mention it's not Manny fault that Floyd has to go to jail for admittingly beating on women and signing contracts before consulting Pacquiao which makes negotiating impossible when one guy is saying it has to be this way (my way) because I like to beat women and I already signed contracts without talking to you.

5. Now Floyd Doesn't Want a 50/50 Split

One guys has a reputation of being boring and avoiding fighters and even cried on TV serveral times because the commentators dared to take him to task for fighting Judah after the Baldomir fight and then fighting Baldomir

The other guy wiped out four weight classes and fought the top three guys in their weight class in their prime (Barerra x2, Morales x3, Marquez x3) and yet and still was able to get to WWs like Cotto, Clottey, and Margarito guys that Floyd couldn't get too because he was too busy retiring and chasing down Judah and Baldomir... LOL

Manny has never had trouble making fights in his career and has never been acussed of being a ducker from 106 to 147... Could you say the same for Floyd????

Even guys fighting Tyson and Foreman wasn't asking for extra special test for someone that the could I qoute "BEAT EASILY" based on fights they seen when the guy was in their minds on the stuff... Floyd says he's Jordan and Pacquiao is Starks... Well do you think Jordan would have ask Starks for extra test????

FACTS are FACTS, and History is History, Floyd has been labeled a boring fighter and ducker for a reason and it's been given to him LONG before Pacquiao was considered as an opponent... Just like he has been accused of beating women several times since 2002 long before finally going to jail. He is who he is... A Gifted and Talented CLOWN who will end up a tragic figure once the lights go out which thank god will be soon because he turns 35 in less than a month...
                5 minutes of my life I will never get back. Thanks a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by HooksInYou View Post
                  Probaby climbing Bob's mountain of cash.
                  Bob is old and the best boxing promoter of any era. boxing minus Arum, Pacq, and May = the end of boxing. not to mention heavyweight without Klitschkos

Comment

Originally posted by leonthegee View Post
                    5 minutes of my life I will never get back. Thanks a lot.
                    It took you 5 minutes to read that?

Comment

Originally posted by TerrisJ3 View Post
                      Bob is old and the best boxing promoter of any era. boxing minus Arum, Pacq, and May = the end of boxing. not to mention heavyweight without Klitschkos

Comment

Working...
                      X