Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Miguel Cotto Top 3 P4P Most Hated Boxer?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fistic View Post
    That is all subjective to your viewpoints/criteria. And now a fighters subjective greatness, or lack thereof, makes his fans comments less/more outlandish? SMH
    And it's a damn good one. Ask anyone that is a respected boxing guru about Cotto. Sure they will tell you he's really good or was but not great. Well most at least.

Pac and Mayweather are great. Cotto isn't. That's just the bias in you thinking he's more than what he is.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
      And it's a damn good one. Ask anyone that is a respected boxing guru about Cotto. Sure they will tell you he's really good or was but not great. Well most at least.

Pac and Mayweather are great. Cotto isn't. That's just the bias in you thinking he's more than what he is.
      Despite my biasedness, I've never said Cotto was great, and I might never. And I've never said Pac or Mayweather are great either, but I will if and when I have seen enough to warrant in my eyes that they are great. My eyes, not some so called guru's. What is that anyway, what is a "respected boxing guru"? What's the criteria for great? Greatness like beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Comment

Cotto always struck me as a good fighter but not great. He exciting to watch but he still seems like a left handed pressure fighter with decent boxing skills. He still has problems adapting and he still cant fight going backwards( Please dont mention the 2nd margarito fight. He boxed going backwards for a good 3-4 rounds and then started blatantly running backwards. )

Comment

I've seen a few people hate on Cotto, but the general idea I get is that he's one of the more liked guys around here...

Comment

Some dudes on this site are just blind haters. Take Mr. Fantastic who is likely King Cotto hater #1 who post nothing but non-sense and rides nothing but FMJr. and Pacquiao's nutts from begining to end.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post

Just a sore butthurt Margarito puta.

I know this hurts you but Cotto is a sure hall of famer who'll be remembered as one of the best of his generation while Cheato will always be an asterisk on Cotto's record.

Comment

I love Cotto becuse eventhough he has a couple tough losses, he doesn't back down from anyone! He doesn't take the path of least resistance for his career like other fighters to protect there record!

Comment

have nothing but mad respect for Cotto but the only thing I can say is that he was saved from Margarito in their second bout man i don't care what anybody says. What a coincedence tha fight was stopped after one of the best rounds for margo... look I hate marg and am glad he lost he's a disgrace but when was the last time a bout was stopped due to swelling??? Margo fought with a broken ****1n bone for christ' sake in his pacquiao fight and no one ever even thought of stopping the fight... but whatever, I was happy for cotto but not so happy with the NY athletic commission cuz quite frankly that bumb margo shouldn't have even been aloud to fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Da Boxer View Post
                    Some dudes on this site are just blind haters. Take Mr. Fantastic who is likely King Cotto hater #1 who post nothing but non-sense and rides nothing but FMJr. and Pacquiao's nutts from begining to end.
                    Ok "Puerto Rican soldier". Nationalistic fan much? You don't even know what the hell you talking about kid.

Originally posted by BMWM3P View Post
                    Just a sore butthurt Margarito puta.

I know this hurts you but Cotto is a sure hall of famer who'll be remembered as one of the best of his generation while Cheato will always be an asterisk on Cotto's record.
                    Yes I'm so hurt that I'm going on a 3 month vacation somewhere.

On of the best? He's not even top 5 of this generation. Unless you're a blind nationalistic *** and biased as hell, that's not possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Fistic View Post
                      Despite my biasedness, I've never said Cotto was great, and I might never. And I've never said Pac or Mayweather are great either, but I will if and when I have seen enough to warrant in my eyes that they are great. My eyes, not some so called guru's. What is that anyway, what is a "respected boxing guru"? What's the criteria for great? Greatness like beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
                      Cool story bro.

Comment

Working...
                      X