No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather-Pacquiao: 50-50 Split is The Breaking Point

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eddoes View Post
    50:50 split is impossible cause Pacquiao automatically gives a percentage of his check to bob Arum. Mayweather gets 100% of his revenue and pays off whoever he wants to pay. There is no possible way to agree to a 50:50 split on contract.
    You have it all wron- not surprisingly. Mayweather does not "pay whom he wants" he pays whom he HAS to, just like MannyP does. Arum's "automatic" share is a contractual agreement, for which Top Rank does a thousand and one big and small things to bring a successful promotion to conslusion. Without this happening, nobody would make anything, at least after the first or second fiasco in which the promoter lost money.

If Arum lost money, why should he subsidise the fighters just because of idiot fans' blood lust?? I think that boxing is the ONLY sport where idiocy is the normand not the exception.

Comment

Originally posted by qatkins View Post
      Arum said he was shocked when Manny said 50-50 like he wanted 60/40 read between the lines Arum didnt want 50-50 at all.
      You don't have to read between the lines, Arum was obviously steamed because Manny spoke with Floyd in the first place. I know he was incensed when Manny agreed with the 50-50 split because it took away Arum's biggest bargaining chip.

Comment

Originally posted by marvin douglas View Post
        Instead of getting mad, Arum should negotiate. Why is everything a “deal breaker” with Arum before the negotiations have even began.

That’s what I hate the most about Arum of late – he becomes outraged whenever he hears something in the press about this fight and then refuses to talk with Floyd's people.
        That is why the fight wont happen while Arum is still alive. He says itll happen on November, but that is another BS lie.

Boycott their fights.
        Let them know we are sick and tired of this BS for 2 years.

Comment

Why is Arum just now flipping out about this?

Comment

Originally posted by edgarg View Post
            Taking a "smaller purse" if said, does in NO WAY imply taking less than Mayweather. After all, as Arum rightly points out, Pacquiao is the global icon, the big PPV fighter and the most popular. So he may have had a 60-40 division in mind.

Taking a less share of the purse means that he was "willing" to take a less than equal piece of the pie.

Taking "less than he normally gets" was not what he announced to the public-in fact,when Floyd was supposed to go in the slammer,Pac made the "I will take the smaller share" comment, but now since jailtime is delayed, he wants equal-which one is it? Sounds like posturing to me.

Pac and Floyd make more by taking 75-90% of the purse by fighting lesser fighters.If they fight one another,even if they did Floyd/Oscar ppv numbers (nearly 2.5 million),they would still make less than what they make fighting weaker fighters because the share is 50/50.

Comment

You have it all wron- not surprisingly. Mayweather does not "pay whom he wants" he pays whom he HAS to, just like MannyP does. Arum's "automatic" share is a contractual agreement, for which Top Rank does a thousand and one big and small things to bring a successful promotion to conslusion. Without this happening, nobody would make anything, at least after the first or second fiasco in which the promoter lost money.

If Arum lost money, why should he subsidise the fighters just because of idiot fans' blood lust?? I think that boxing is the ONLY sport where idiocy is the normand not the exception.
              I didnt expect you to read what i type and take it literally but i guess youre right boxing is the only sport where idiocy is the norm. At the end of the day Mayweather is his own boss and make more money. Bob Arum is Pacquiao's boss and pay him a small percentage. Sugar coat it however you like but it wont change the reality of the situation.

Comment

Originally posted by shade darkar View Post
                i guess roger works for free? ellerbe probably pays mayweather to be his "manager"!!
                Interesting point as to the "quality" of Mayweather "Promotions" CEO....... Just looking last night at Castillo 1 (which Mayweather easily lost) and a couple of other Mayweather fights, I saw that the 2nd corner assistant was...........Ellerbe......... the "GOAT" even had "top class talent"in his corner.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Q View Post
                  Good analogy my dude but Manniacs don't deal in logic. People don't understand that this is a business. Of course Floyd wants the fight but he gotta handle his business first.
                  That's not an analogy, that's a comparison.

Comment

If only you could stop following boxing we could change that.

Comment

Good post. It's amusing how people think Mayweather simply earns these tens of millions of dollars without having to pay anyone. What, do they just do their job for free? Ellerbe, Floyd's huge entourage, Shaeffer, Haymon? Is Floyd such a nice guy they just let him take a clean sweep of the revenue? It's laughable. 'Pays whom he wants'! I'll have to remember that one.

As for Floyd's idiotic comment about Pacquiao making more money with him than he's made in his whole career....please. Pacquiao made $20-30 million from the Mosley fight alone. He had a $22 million guarantee for the Marquez fight, and by all accounts likely raked in more - around $30 million according to badlefthook and other sources. That's $50-60 million from 2011 alone. Factor in his myriad endorsements and you're nearer $70 million.

As for the Cotto fight, Manny received around $22 million according to ESPN. For Hatton he made $12 million plus a slice of the PPV.

That's not even counting the Margarito, Clottey or De La Hoya fights. So, Floyd - please - take your head out of your a$$ for a second.

Comment

Working...
                      X