No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather-Pacquiao: 50-50 Split is The Breaking Point

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shade darkar View Post
    yeah and all that is irrelevant when you have bob arum in the mix. mayweather who isnt much better, has publicly called out pacquiao and all we hear is excuses from bob arum. stadium this, extra money that. even his in ring interview after the marquez fight, first thing he says is money. i fcukin hate that guy.
    You sound little better than a fool. The whole "exercise" is undergone only for money. How many hundreds of times have you read that Boxing is a business?? Has it never registered??If a guy like Arum weren't around to do all the time and mind consuming large and small things connected with bringing a fight to fruition, you wouldn't have any fights to watch and sweat over.

Comment

Greedy Already rich Bastards

Comment

I went to bed early last night...did we every get any conformation regarding the legitimacy of these "e-mails"?

If we are allowing these e-mails as evidence, then I guess we have to allow the e-mails about Pac-man being on PEDs in as evidence as well.

This fight needs to happen or they can all go DIAF....

Comment

Originally posted by marvin douglas View Post
          Floyd is one of my favorite fighters and I despise Bob Arum. But this is one of those rare times that I agree with Bob.

There should be a 50/50 split because Manny would bring just as many fans to the fight as would Floyd. Manny is not only a boxing superstar, he’s a sports and entertainment star. He’s known around the world, as is Floyd.

While Manny can’t this much money off any other fight, the same holds true for Floyd – he can’t make as much money off of any other fight.

This is the biggest fight in boxing because both fighters have large, ardent followers. Both are champs and would put their titles on the line. 50-50 sounds right.
          Arum said he was shocked when Manny said 50-50 like he wanted 60/40 read between the lines Arum didnt want 50-50 at all.

Comment

Originally posted by flint View Post
            pacquiao really screwed up when he said that he'll fight may 5 with a 50-50 split. there's goes bob arums nasty cut excuse.
            Did Pac say that? If he really did say that and meant it. Then I don't see how Pac screwed up. That's what we wanted him to say.

Comment

Originally posted by ex-pacfan View Post
              If i'm not mistaken pac already said he would take the smaller purse. Sounds like more back-peddling to me.
              Taking a "smaller purse" if said, does in NO WAY imply taking less than Mayweather. After all, as Arum rightly points out, Pacquiao is the global icon, the big PPV fighter and the most popular. So he may have had a 60-40 division in mind.

Comment

Originally posted by CONQUERING View Post
                Love when guys call you a ***** or say stuff like that. Hilarious.
                It's funny to me when they say stuff like that. Supposedly I'm undercover So ******...

Comment

This fight was never going to happen anyways....remember,Arum says NO to May 5th. They can work out the purse split all they want,but Bob the builder wants his stadium in late May/early June...it wasn't meant to be despite how much Floyd or Manny wants to be paid.

Comment

Originally posted by edgarg View Post
                    You sound little better than a fool. The whole "exercise" is undergone only for money. How many hundreds of times have you read that Boxing is a business?? Has it never registered??If a guy like Arum weren't around to do all the time and mind consuming large and small things connected with bringing a fight to fruition, you wouldn't have any fights to watch and sweat over.
                    Originally posted by edgarg View Post
                    Taking a "smaller purse" if said, does in NO WAY imply taking less than Mayweather. After all, as Arum rightly points out, Pacquiao is the global icon, the big PPV fighter and the most popular. So he may have had a 60-40 division in mind.
                    Has Pac man up from his boo boo scratch he had? I mean how can that put him out for 6 months. When Vitaly eye damn near fell out of his socket and he was in the ring 5 months later. Ahh Arum and his fuckery

Comment

Instead of getting mad, Arum should negotiate. Why is everything a “deal breaker” with Arum before the negotiations have even began.

That’s what I hate the most about Arum of late – he becomes outraged whenever he hears something in the press about this fight and then refuses to talk with Floyd's people.

Comment

Working...
                      X