• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Super Middleweight ContenderLucien Bute ? lol
    He's been a champ long before Ward was.

Comment

Originally posted by -Lowkey- View Post
      Bute is almost 32 years of age he has been a world champion since 2007, to date his best win is against a 43 year old with 15 losses at the time.

How can anyone defend this? The best fighters at 168 have all shown a willingness to fight each other apart from Bute.

What's more likely the top guys at 168 all fear Bute or Bute is being extremely over protected? He really needs to step up to the plate soon his career is starting to look like a waste.
      I thought it was Ward turning down a fight with Bute?

Comment

Originally posted by roademier View Post
        Just like Kessler and Froch also turned down fights with Bute? I don't buy it Bute is clearly low balling potential opponents.

He needs to step up for a 32 year old world champion his resume is joke worthy.

Comment

AFAIK, Ward, Kessler, Abraham, the Dirrell brothers, Pascal, Dawson and Hopkins are all without fights at the moment. Maybe some of them aren't possible for one reason or another but if he doesn't face one of them his fans will have to really dig deep to come up with excuse number 3484334.

Comment

Bute should fight Hopkins. Hopkins is the biggest named American at or around his division. He said he'd come to Canada to fight Bute. Plus, he's the universally recognized light heavyweight champ. Bute could move up, snatch that title from Hopkins, then he and Ward would be even bigger.

Comment

If Showtime rejects Bute-Froch and Ward-Kessler II is happening, than he should fight Anthony or Andre Dirrell, no one else.

I'll be happy when the Kessler fans shut up once and for all, when Andre dominates him once again.

Comment

Originally posted by roademier View Post
                Naw. Ward just said that he will fight Bute once he fights someone one the level of people that Andre's beat. Therefore, he should fight someone like Anthony Dirrell, Andre Dirrell, Carl Froch, or even Jean Pascal at 175.

If he beats one of those guys, he'll get the Ward fight.

Comment

I cannot imagine a single person whose last name isn't Kessler who thinks Ward should fight Kessler. That was a one-sided missmatch!!!!!!!!!!! A total drubbing! Anyone who demands to see a rematch of a near shutout needs a checkup from the neck up.
                  Last edited by richardt; 01-20-2012, 05:22 PM.

Comment

Lucian Bute...what a champion. lol

Comment

Showtime want an american oppenent, The Matrix is ready, let him whoop him.

Comment

Working...
                      X