Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can anyone explain to me where the judge said stooge has to fight on 5th May?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CasualBoxingFan View Post
    are you from the states?, cause when his lawyers told the "JUDGE" he had a contract/obligation for My 5th, may 5th is the reason it was postpone. They probably had the paper work to show.

I don't know how they do it over there, but there's no way you can change it, or else why even to go to jail, just keep postponing right? WRONG!

lol , i think its common sense.
    Exactly! Its the people who have no idea how the law works that are the ones making a fuss about all this

Comment

• Originally posted by FeFist View Post
      That post deals with my first point. The second post concerns what happens when you breach a contract.

If Floyd has arranged to fight at the MGM May 5th they can sue him for breach of contract. The fact that Arum wants to move the fight to a different venue increases the odds of them seeking compensation ( as they would lose out completely). On top of that they could actually get an injunction against Floyd to prevent him fighting in that time period ( the fight with Pacquiao would get cancelled).
      Let me get some sense into this argument. You are only "sort-of" correct. The solution is that Mayweather, if he IS actually signed, sealed, and etc. contracted to MGM, only needs to dorfeit the fee, or his deposit, giving MGM the oportunity to either search for another booking, (of which they probably have several lined up just in case), giving them a deposit forfeit "windfall", or Mayweather will have to pay the full fee. Either way, the cost will be "peanuts" compared to the amount he'd make for the fight, in fact even a fight against another opponent.

If put to it, Top Rank would likely refund the fee themselves.

Comment

• Originally posted by titan m View Post
        Just ask yourself and be honest, would you want to fight then have a few weeks to recover and get things in order before you went to jail or would you rather go through training camp for 2 months then fight and go to jail a week later? Im sure you and everbody else asking this question would want some time to yourself and with your family before you went away.
        He can have everything ready before the fight. he doesn't do it himself, he has people to do it for him....... and probably anyway all done by phone or email, except closing his front door. As for "spending time with his family", the LAST occasion he "spent time" with his family, who don't live with him, he seriously assaulted and threatened them at 5.30 a.m causing him to "do time" (pardon the pun) which is what the futile 12 pages of nonsense is wasting space on.

Comment

• Originally posted by pacfan View Post
          give me one case in the history of the sport where venue and date are not negotiated. just one case.

throwing a date and venue without consulting your opponent is the height or arrogance.

you won't understand, homie. you're set in your ways as a *****.

PBF is a gangsta and a bully. You'd be amazed why people tolerate
          such behavior in this day and age. "Do it on my terms, or else..."

Such arrogance...

Comment

• Originally posted by pacfan View Post
            give me one case in the history of the sport where venue and date are not negotiated. just one case.

throwing a date and venue without consulting your opponent is the height or arrogance.

you won't understand, homie. you're set in your ways as a *****.

Paqcuio Clottey at Cowboys Stadium. Bob secured stadium first then selected the oppoenent.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
              The fact that he "has to" fight on May 5th is the reason I believe he never had any serious intention of fighting Pacquaio. Would the judge not have made the same ruling if it'd been a different date in May and they knew he was fighting Pacquiao. There'd be even more reason to make that ruling.
              Dirk, of course, as you well know, you're wasting your time with these guys. Although I'm sure you're having fun doing it. I'm enjoying watching them wriggle around trying to avoid answering your simple and very much to-the-point question.

The truth is, as you know, that they are inconvenienced by facts and objective directness. We have to assume this, otherwise the huge extent of their ignorance would be appalling. I may have diverted some of the nonsense you're getting onto myself, but don't care as I'm leaving this site for now. Just wanted to say what I did.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeMan View Post
                PBF is a gangsta and a bully. You'd be amazed why people tolerate
                such behavior in this day and age. "Do it on my terms, or else..."

Such arrogance...

When manny was this arrogant you had no problems. But Let me ask this:

Why is the 1st weekend in May a problem for Manny in 2012? He has fought on the cinco de mayo weekend against hatton and mosley, niether of whom are mexican. Suddenly this year its a problem.

Comment

• There is no contract obligation to fight on May 5th at the MGM.

There just isn't, history proves this.

Comment

• Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
                    There is no contract obligation to fight on May 5th at the MGM.

There just isn't, history proves this.
                    Do you have proof of this?

Comment

• Originally posted by ChristianBale View Post
                      Just wondering really since there were no contracts signed for May 5th for PAC and May.
                      maybe because the reason he got out of the sentence was because he claimed he had the fight booked for may 5th and the judge wants to see him fight on may 5th??? why r yall still looking for reasons to blame floyd?????

Comment

Working...
                      X