Comments Thread For: Floyd Mayweather on Pacquiao, Testing, Ortiz Ending, More

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Floyd sounding clear and succinct.

Comment

The only thing holding up this fight is Arum's insistence that the fight take place in the new stadium. May 5th has been the date since last November and Arum refused to accept it.

Arum refuses to make the fight because he knows Manny gets beat and there goes his cash cow.

Pac fans are saying Floyd is trying to dictate the date, but it's Arum who's trying to dictate his date.

Funny Pac fans, but Manny has said nothing. He's sat back and let Arum make all those excuses.

All Manny has to say is he accepts the fight. It's that simple -- just accept the fight, but he's scared to do so.

Answer me this Pac fans, why doesn't Manny agree to fight Floyd on May 5th and tell Arum to go to hell?

Comment

Tis is boxing fool....dont nobody care about all that...what Floyd does outside of the ring...most of us are biased toward him because of who he is as a champion...everytime the guy fights, the world stops cuz its always a good opponent, and his skills are "beyond me"...I never seen a fighter like him in my life...I will NEVER turn on Mayweather...when he does things I dont like, I pray for em..I dont jump off the bandwagon...oh no no no...this champion needs his true fans to stand by his side in these times of his career, where he's sealing his legacy, walking toe to toe with bigazz killers...Pac is not built like Floyd...he's a kool little fighter, but he does not have what it takes...I never seen pacman vicious enough to ruthlessly suckerpunch an opponent cuz he dont have it in em...he would accept the headbutt, and accept a kiss
        True, Manny would never suckerpunch. Actually, any man with a sense of sportsmanship wouldn't have done it. The real man would have taken the headbutt like a man and continue to dominate the fight the fair way. Mayweather is dirty as ****. Bringing in Ortiz's father to the Ortiz fight knowing Ortiz and his dad were on bad terms? That's just friggin dirty. One way or another Floyd fights like a chicken, taking advantage or every opportunity. Fool. But yeah, the most skillful boxer in history, and the most respected one if he changed his ways.

Comment

Originally posted by MrJoshua View Post
          True, Manny would never suckerpunch. Actually, any man with a sense of sportsmanship wouldn't have done it. The real man would have taken the headbutt like a man and continue to dominate the fight the fair way. Mayweather is dirty as ****. Bringing in Ortiz's father to the Ortiz fight knowing Ortiz and his dad were on bad terms? That's just friggin dirty. One way or another Floyd fights like a chicken, taking advantage or every opportunity. Fool. But yeah, the most skillful boxer in history, and the most respected one if he changed his ways.
          Mayweather taking a flagrant and potentially career-ending headbutt, and then turning the other cheek, is not sportsmanship. It is sheer ******ity. There are fighters that would have done more than that, they would have tried to kill Ortiz in retaliation and a big riot would have ensued in the ring.

As far as bringing Ortiz's father to the ring, that was all business and strategy. Also, keep in mind, Ortiz was wildly telling lies about his past, about how his parents weren't there for him. But the entire time, that was false. His father was around and Ortiz was not homeless. Who is the more ethical here? I know you can't possibly think it's Ortiz.

Comment

Good interview I thought

Comment

May 5th

Bob Arum said you should fight a Mexican on Cinco de Mayo?? History shows Manny has only fought only one Mexican on Cinco de Mayo, that was Marquez in 2004.The others were Hatton 2009, and Mosley 2011, so two of the last 3 years he fought a none Mexican. Mayweather fought on Cinco De Mayo weekend 07, and 2010. that means 4 out of the last five years either Pac or Mayweather fought on that weekend. May 5th is the same date Oscar and Mayweather broke the ppv record. history shows there is no better date for this fight.

Comment

As far as bringing Ortiz's father to the ring, that was all business and strategy. Also, keep in mind, Ortiz was wildly telling lies about his past, about how his parents weren't there for him. But the entire time, that was false. His father was around and Ortiz was not homeless. Who is the more ethical here? I know you can't possibly think it's Ortiz.
                Hey I agree it's business and strategy. Never sportsmanship. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy watching Floyd fight as much as you do, even though I'm a *******. It's just his ways sometimes that take the magic out of his performance.

Comment

FMJ seems calm. He must have spent the night with Ellerbe.

Comment

More Floyd lies he has fought 42 times and only 2 opponents have taken the test. Why wasn't he worried about testing the first 40 fights of his career? Did he have something to hide? Did he only start screaming testing once he stop taking the PEDs??? The commision's doctors and lawyers know more about testing policy than some unedcuated, ignorant, felons from Grand Rapids, MI. Second, Floyd's view of the Pac vs. Marquez fight is nuts because the volume helps Marquez due to the pro Mexican crowd. You would have also turned down compubox and your eyesight because Manny landed more and threw more and outlanded Marquez in 8 of the 12 rounds by compubox which explains the 116-112 score from the one judge. Marquez punches were prettier but he simply just got outworked and most of the punches landed on him were when he was running backwards or in a defensive posture so there weren't as pretty but a landed punch is a landed punch pretty or not. Mayweather is a (Con Artist). Ortiz was a quitter who beat Berto and my question was who has Berto beat??? Berto biggest win before Ortiz was Luis Collazo and this quitter beats him and Floyd marketed Ortiz as if he was a good opponent as if we forgot he quitted just a couple of fights earlier... Well, I didn't buy it and that's why I wasn't robbed of $70 like the idiots that bought that crap. The Con Man has been busy become a drug test scientist at Ignorant Ni$$a University, retiring and taking breaks and beating on women and whatever else he's been doing since November 2009 and now he is crying and wants to fight to pay his bills but still wants to control everything.... What a joke. The top WW in the 80's would have ate this chump for lunch.... I can't see him beating Leonard, Herans, or Duran, not even close.

Comment

Originally posted by MrJoshua View Post

Dude, get out of here with that BS no sportsman would tolerate a blatant foul, where are you from Venus? Baseball, basketball, football, boxing, etc. blatant fouls will get retaliation. Manny's punk ass won't even respond to this challenge. Manny's not even sportman enough to admit that Marquez won their last fight and won't even grant him a rematch. There is absolutely NO REASON IN THE WORLD for Manny not to be fighting Floyd on May 5th!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X