No announcement yet.

NEWS: Bob Arum: "Pacquiao’s next fight will not be against Mayweather"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dedication View Post
    Time to boycott Manny's next fight, and any other Top Rank fight for that matter.
    Pacquiao should fight Bradley next, then if they both win their fights the fight should happen in November

Comment

Manny is such a duck. I lost alot of respect for him when he fought Mosley, and now its all gone. Completely gone.

I hope he gets kicked out of office and never become president.

Comment

Was anyone really surprised? This is easily the biggest duck in the history of the sport of boxing as far as I''m concerned

Comment

SMH @ Arum holding on to this BS excuse. John Chavez at theboxingtruth.com already exposed that s*** as being illogical w/ the bottom line that Arum quoted.

The Truth Behind Pacquiao & Arum's Bull**** Stadium...
          by John Chavez
          Jan 17, 2012 -

“The extra time is needed for construction of an arena, said Arum, claiming the fighters could generate an extra $40 million by fighting at a 40,000-plus-seat venue on the Las Vegas Strip rather than holding the bout at the 16,000-seat MGM. "You don't throw $40 million away," Arum said.” - Latimes.com

May 5th was the date proposed by Floyd Mayweather Jr. to Manny Pacquiao for a fight at the MGM Grand Garden Arena.

Manny Pacquiao, Bob Arum, Michael Koncz, and Freddie Roach have all stated that a temporary stadium must be built for this mega-fight in order to maximize the live gate revenue which would in-turn make May 5th ineligible as a fight date.

Over 75 percent of the revenue for this event will be derived via television ala Pay-Per-View, closed circuit, delayed broadcast and international distribution rights. The remaining 25 percent will be derived from sponsorships, memorabilia, and the live gate.

Contrary to popular belief, for boxing events of this magnitude, the general public has basically zero access to tickets at face value. When I state general public I’m referring to Joe Boxing Fan who logs onto the MGM Grand website the minute tickets go on sale. Oscar De la Hoya vs. Floyd Mayweather Jr. would sell out the entire Arena within 3 hours of going “on sale” generating a $19 million gate. Ticket prices were listed at $2,000, $1,500, $1,000, $750 and $350. This doesn’t include floor seats or true premium seating.

The truth of the matter is that the tickets to that event were indeed sold out within 3 hours.

The second truth of the matter is that an extremely high percentage of those tickets were sold directly to brokers who are in the business of selling high-demand sports event tickets at a premium to their face value. Ticketmaster listed some of the higher-quality seats at $2,000 face value but for those that remember, most decent seats for De la Hoya-Mayweather were being “scalped” at sky high prices of $5,000 to as high as $15,000 during the days leading up to the fight.

Utilizing some very simple math... a $19 million live gate divided by 16,000 seats equates to an average ticket price of $1,187 for the event. This is the average ticket price that the ticket brokers paid Golden Boy Promotions for hosting the event.

While the average ticket price might have hovered around $1,187... ticket brokers paid less than that average price for upper tier seats that ranged from $350, $750, and $1,000.

When discussing the remote possibility of a 40,000 seat stadium being temporarily constructed for the Mayweather-Pacquiao fight, one must remain cognizant of the fact that the amount of premium seating (ringside, visually acceptable floor seating, slightly elevated sight-line seating) at the MGM Grand Garden Arena and this mythical temp stadium would remain exactly the same or negligibly similar.

Repeat... the amount of premium seating that generates the majority of the live gate revenue for these type of events would remain exactly the same or negligibly similar.

When Team Pacquiao states that $40 million EXTRA would be generated on top of a $20 million gate should the fight take place at the MGM, they are stating that they believe ticket brokers are willing to pay more than an average of $1,600 per seat for the extra 24,000 nose bleed seats built in this stadium.

Floyd Mayweather Jr. was lambasted when it was rumored he demanded $100 million in order to fight Manny Pacquiao. He received criticism due to the unrealistic figure being thrown out.

Now Team Pacquiao is doing the same exact thing throwing out a completely unrealistic figure of $60 million for a live gate to this event.

There is no ticket broker around that is stupid enough to pay Bob Arum $1,600 for nose bleed seats. There is no ticket broker around that is stupid enough to pay Bob Aum $1,000 for nose bleed seats.

There might be a ticket broker that might guarantee Bob an average purchase price of $500 for all 24,000 nose-bleed seats. Remember, the broker buys these tickets with the notion that they want to resell them at a significant mark-up.

Once again... simple math would be 24,000 seats multiplied by $500 which equates to $12 million generated.

The cost of the stadium would run at a minimum of $7 million according to Bob Arum. This strikes me as a VERY low price for a 40,000 seat stadium being that Empire Field in Vancouver, BC (a temporary stadium) houses less than 30,000 fans and cost $15 million to construct. It also took 111 days to complete.

But just to keep it really pro-Manny let us include Arum's estimation with our simple math comprising of $12 million minus $7 million equates to an additional net income of $5 million for this whole, completely unnecessary and risky fiasco.

In summary... if Mayweather-Pacquiao goes to the MGM Grand Garden Arena, the fight might just break the record and generate a $20 million live gate with 16,000 seats which would equate to an average of $1,250 per seat. Team Pacquiao is stating that they can somehow generate an additional $40 million with 24,000 extra NON-premium seats at an even higher average price of $1,666 per nose bleed.

This is a complete fabrication and nonsensical statement made by Manny Pacquiao, Bob Arum, Michael Koncz, and Freddie Roach.

That’s a fact.

Mayweather might have ducked and dodged Pacquiao in the past but as of this very moment, it’s Pacquiao who is making up lies and excuses to not lace them up on May 5th.

Comment

I just realized Mayweather will be coming out of jail in September, they wouldn't be able to make the fight in November this is just crap Pacquiao has gotta explain himself as well

Comment

Originally posted by Someone88 View Post
              I just realized Mayweather will be coming out of jail in September, they wouldn't be able to make the fight in November this is just crap Pacquiao has gotta explain himself as well
              thats why team pacquiao say the fight would be better in november

Comment

I guess they officially ducked Mayweather

Comment

This is seriously the biggest duck in history

Comment

Originally posted by Someone88 View Post
                    They have never intended to fight Floyd they used his name to hype the fabrication of Manny the WW fraud , now they will just openly duck him because they are dishonest people that cant lie straight in bed , they have no shame ,,,,

FUK all of Team Pac they are all a bunch of manipulating liars .

Comment

I agree with a boycott. I will no longer feed that greedy pig Arum and buy anymore of Manny's PPV's unless it is against Mayweather! **** you Arum! Once again the fans lose!

Comment

Working...
                      X