No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather Shoots Down Canelo, Cotto and Guerrero

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by slicksouthpaw16 View Post
    Don't be so sure. He fought Ortiz after only beating Berto for the belt. Guerrero has a better resume at 147 than Ortiz did. I think this fight would be a joke if it actually happened.
    But that was against an undefeated Berto who Floyd was going to fight next had he taken care of business against Ortiz.

Floyd would get drilled by the public if he chose the Guerrero fight. I can't imagine him taking it.

Comment

• Originally posted by WESS View Post
      How easily everyone forgets that Bob Arum didn't want his cash cow to fight Mayweather this past May.

Manny went hiding. Only now that he's signed to fight JMM does he start to make some noise when forced to.
      Lol Floyd calls him out for May and he says nothing. Pacquiao signs to fight Marquez and starts talking about how Floyd is scared of him

Comment

The problem is, De la Hoya has made it known that Alvarez is not ready. Besides, when and IF Floyd does fight Alvarez (in which I think he will at this point), people will revert back to the Alvarez is green, not good enough, too slow, too big, too small, not tall enough, too short, not a southpaw etc.

The excuses will pour in.

Outside of Pac who won't be allowed to fight Floyd until it is his very last fight, Martinez is the only other fight I want to see. However people will say Martinez is a 187 years old even though he is the MW Champion. Much like Mosley who was the WW Champion. The second Floyd beat him people said he was 187 years old. It's the same pattern. The excuses for Alavarez and Martinez will be one of the same but one being too old while the other is too green.

Again, Floyd's standards are set so high that no matter who he fights people start bleeding from the vagina.
        You're talking about Floyd haters/kids, don't pay them any attention. Real boxing fans would give Floyd major credit if he beat either Alvarez or Martinez. We just want to see him fight a live body. You can't tell me that Floyd has fought someone with a pulse in his last few fights. Cotto? Ortiz? Mosley? Cotto had just lost to Manny, no matter if he had a belt at 154 or not, he took two savage beatings and was clearly past his prime. When everyone was calling for that fight when Miguel was in his prime, Floyd retired when the division was its best. Literally what did Ortiz do for that shot against Floyd? And i won't even talk about Mosley.

Comment

Same thing I said when pac turned down a 50-50 fight to fight Clottey for a lot less. By the time Bob makes the fight, I wouldn't be surprised if Pac makes less than the 40 million that Floyd offered him. Pac had his chance which is why I don't feel sorry for whatever **** purse he ends up with (which won't be that ****ty anyway compared to every other boxers purse).
          you're sidestepping my point. We're not talking about Clottey. We're talking about May. Floyd wanted an unrealistic amount of the money, period. Whether or not Pac/Bob would have made a fight is irrelevant to my point - it goes both ways as far as the blame goes. If you blame pac it's hypocritical not to blame floyd as well, and vice versa.

Comment

You're talking about Floyd haters/kids, don't pay them any attention. Real boxing fans would give Floyd major credit if he beat either Alvarez or Martinez. We just want to see him fight a live body. You can't tell me that Floyd has fought someone with a pulse in his last few fights. Cotto? Ortiz? Mosley? Cotto had just lost to Manny, no matter if he had a belt at 154 or not, he took two savage beatings and was clearly past his prime. When everyone was calling for that fight when Miguel was in his prime, Floyd retired when the division was its best. Literally what did Ortiz do for that shot against Floyd? And i won't even talk about Mosley.
            Don't even start. If the Mosley fight didn't happen Floyd would be accused of ducking Mosley and you know it. He confronted him and the ring after the Marquez fight and was the #3 ranked pound for pound fighter in the world. That fight ABSOLUTELY HAD TO happen when it did. No getting around that whatsoever.

Here's your P4P rankings before the Mosley fight:

Manny Pacquiao
            Floyd Mayweather Jr.
            Shane Mosley
            Bernard Hopkins
            Juan Manuel Marquez
            Nonito Donaire
            Miguel Cotto
            Celestino Caballero
            Chad Dawson
            Paul Williams

http://boxrec.com/media/index.php/Th...r_Pound--2000s

Comment

• Originally posted by PBP View Post
              But that was against an undefeated Berto who Floyd was going to fight next had he taken care of business against Ortiz.

Floyd would get drilled by the public if he chose the Guerrero fight. I can't imagine him taking it.
              But sill, why fight Ortiz just because he had pulled an upset? Everyone knew he would own Ortiz who was known for quitting in fights previously. So Ortiz deserves a fight after pulling one upset but fighters like Martinez doesn't? Even though Floyd just won a title in a division that Martinez agreed that he can fight at? You see what I'm getting at? He talked that Ortiz fight up like it was the second coming to Leonard/Hearns. And to make it all bad, it ended in a cheap shot fluke (which i agreed that Ortiz indeed deserved).

Comment

Sometimes I wonder what kind of definition people have for the word 'prime.' It seems as though once an undefeated fighter or any fighter with a winning streak, gets beaten, he is no longer 'prime.' I guess Andre Berto was no longer 'prime' after he got beaten by Ortiz. If Pacquaio loses next month, he's also no longer 'prime.' Amir Khan is no longer 'prime' too. If Sergio Martinez loses his next fight, he too is no longer 'prime.' Ortiz is no longer in his 'prime' anymore too. Sigh...

Comment

But sill, why fight Ortiz just because he had pulled an upset? Everyone knew he would own Ortiz who was known for quitting in fights previously. So Ortiz deserves a fight after pulling one upset but fighters like Martinez doesn't? Even though Floyd just won a title in a division that Martinez agreed that he can fight at? You see what I'm getting at? He talked that Ortiz fight up like it was the second coming to Leonard/Hearns. And to make it all bad, it ended in a cheap shot fluke (which i agreed that Ortiz indeed deserved).
                  But at the time. Ortiz or who? Hindsight is beautiful but we didn't know Ortiz would come up short against Josesito Lopez.

Here is your welterweight rankings:

Manny Pacquiao
                  Floyd Mayweather Jr.
                  Victor Ortiz
                  Andre Berto
                  Vyacheslav Senchenko
                  Kell Brook
                  Mike Jones
                  Jan Zaveck
                  Selcuk Aydin
                  Shane Mosley

At the current moment, he is a beltholder at 154 and doesn't have to fight Guerrero. He can fight Canelo for more money and its an opponent that is actually in demand.

Comment

You're talking about Floyd haters/kids, don't pay them any attention. Real boxing fans would give Floyd major credit if he beat either Alvarez or Martinez. We just want to see him fight a live body. You can't tell me that Floyd has fought someone with a pulse in his last few fights. Cotto? Ortiz? Mosley? Cotto had just lost to Manny, no matter if he was still 154 champ he took two savage beatings and was clearly past his prime. When everyone was calling for that fight when Miguel was in his prime, Floyd retired when the division was its best. Literally what did Ortiz do for that shot against Floyd? And i won't even talk about Mosley.
                    You see that's the problem. Who has a pulse? Of course all Top Rank fighters right? Apparently since it's widely known that they don't do business, apparently every fighter over at Top Rank has a pulse and Floyd is scared of them.

lol man, Cotto and Margarito are highly over rated just because they didn’t fight Floyd. Besides you and I both know Bob wouldn’t make those fights. Hell he wouldn’t even make them when Floyd was with Top Rank. Neither of them guys where ever that great to begine with. Cotto couldn’t hold on to a title and Margarito's entire career went into question the night Mosley destroyed him.

Nobody at WW or JMW has a pulse when we speak on Floyd's standards.

Comment

• Originally posted by PBP View Post
                      Don't even start. If the Mosley fight didn't happen Floyd would be accused of ducking Mosley and you know it. He confronted him and the ring after the Marquez fight and was the #3 ranked pound for pound fighter in the world. That fight ABSOLUTELY HAD TO happen when it did. No getting around that whatsoever.

Here's your P4P rankings before the Mosley fight:

Manny Pacquiao
                      Floyd Mayweather Jr.
                      Shane Mosley
                      Bernard Hopkins
                      Juan Manuel Marquez
                      Nonito Donaire
                      Miguel Cotto
                      Celestino Caballero
                      Chad Dawson
                      Paul Williams

http://boxrec.com/media/index.php/Th...r_Pound--2000s
                      I understand that but you're not getting my point. I'm explaining why Floyd gets the **** that he does. Hes simply not fighting young fighters or fights that the public is demanding (Martinez, Pac ect). When you bring up these people that would have shredded Floyd for not fighting Shane, you're talking about online immature kids behind keyboards. I talk boxing regularly at work with a shockingly high number of boxing fans, and not one of them makes these kinds of statements. And when you factor how old Shane looked in that fight, you really can understand why the public feels the way they do. He looked old, slow, shopworn and he gassed out after 4 rounds. We want to see him in there with a young fighter like Alvarez, or fighters that posses stylistic match up intrigue like a Martinez, Pac ect. What makes it even worse is the fact that he tries to over sell these fights. We as boxing fans deserve better.

Comment

Working...
                      X