Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather Shoots Down Canelo, Cotto and Guerrero

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So Ortiz deserves a shot but Canelo doesn't? You would have to be blind to not see what hes doing here. Hes picking fighters with good names that are beatable, and trying to sell it to the public like some mega fights.

Comment

• Originally posted by WESS View Post
      How easily everyone forgets that Bob Arum didn't want his cash cow to fight Mayweather this past May.

Manny went hiding. Only now that he's signed to fight JMM does he start to make some noise when forced to.
      seems to go both ways since floyd wanted 100% of the PPV and only pay pac a flat fee, which would be unbelievably stupid in the richest fight in boxing history.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1sballotHOF View Post
        Holy ****. I read it, and was like, "FINALLY!!!!" Damn you, for tricking me!
        LOL...His point still stands though. He said "Absolutely not" about fighting Guerrero. That's not going to change with wins over Aydin and Berto.

Comment

• Fight Guerrero,Canelo,or Sergio you duck!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• you fackin ahole. I had a smile on my face until I saw the date

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

• Originally posted by PBP View Post
              LOL...His point still stands though. He said "Absolutely not" about fighting Guerrero. That's not going to change with wins over Aydin and Berto.
              He doesn't want to give any body a shot!

Comment

• Originally posted by slicksouthpaw16 View Post
                So Ortiz deserves a shot but Canelo doesn't? You would have to be blind to not see what hes doing here. Hes picking fighters with good names that are beatable, and trying to sell it to the public like some mega fights.
                The problem is, De la Hoya has made it known that Alvarez is not ready. Besides, when and IF Floyd does fight Alvarez (in which I think he will at this point), people will revert back to the Alvarez is green, not good enough, too slow, too big, too small, not tall enough, too short, not a southpaw etc.

The excuses will pour in.

Outside of Pac who won't be allowed to fight Floyd until it is his very last fight, Martinez is the only other fight I want to see. However people will say Martinez is a 187 years old even though he is the MW Champion. Much like Mosley who was the WW Champion. The second Floyd beat him people said he was 187 years old. It's the same pattern. The excuses for Alavarez and Martinez will be one of the same but one being too old while the other is too green.

Again, Floyd's standards are set so high that no matter who he fights people start bleeding from the vagina.

Comment

• Originally posted by PBP View Post
                  Don't be so sure. He fought Ortiz after only beating Berto for the belt. Guerrero has a better resume at 147 than Ortiz did. I think this fight would be a joke if it actually happened.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1sballotHOF View Post
                    Holy ****. I read it, and was like, "FINALLY!!!!" Damn you, for tricking me!
                    I was gonna like Then this... haha

Comment

• Originally posted by THE ИATAS View Post
                      seems to go both ways since floyd wanted 100% of the PPV and only pay pac a flat fee, which would be unbelievably stupid in the richest fight in boxing history.
                      Same thing I said when pac turned down a 50-50 fight to fight Clottey for a lot less. By the time Bob makes the fight, I wouldn't be surprised if Pac makes less than the 40 million that Floyd offered him. Pac had his chance which is why I don't feel sorry for whatever **** purse he ends up with (which won't be that ****ty anyway compared to every other boxers purse).

Comment

Working...
                      X