No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Peterson's Appeal Could Force Khan To Explore Options

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
    I didnt say he didnt make the right decision. But Khan did offer him his highest purse when he was not the mandatory challenger. So I dont see how Khan "treated him like dirt".

Hes now offering him a 50/50 split. Having already fought him in his hometown and been on the end of a bad decision.
    The "highest purse, the highest purse" blah blah blah.

He should be offered the highest purse of his career to travel to the UK to fight Khan so I hardly see a point in giving Khan a pat on the back for that.

As pointed out by another poster Khan's bull**** offer also included a rematch clause in which Peterson would be paid the exact same amount if he won. I mean LMAO at how arrogant and cheap that is. So Khan offered him a **** contract and then called him names for having the smarts to turn it down.

Ultimately Peterson would have made 800K for fighting Khan, beating him, and then beating him again.

In the current scenario he would make about 3 times that amount. A good indicator of how pathetically cheap Khan's initial offer was.

Like I said, only an arrogant cheapskate like Khan, with no titles, who cant draw 5K fans to Las Vegas, would think he is being generous by offering the Unified Champion a 50-50 split.

And only a typical British nuthugger like yourself would rush to the defense of such a preposterous series of offers.

Comment

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
      Fights Khan, and beats him, his status goes up even further and command even more money in other big name fights.

Peterson wants some easy defences, and milk the title a little while and hope he wins the Manny/Floyd sweepstakes.
      Be realistic Peterson is not really that good. If he fights, Khan ,Bradley, Marques or Manny the odds are he loses so he is best served going for the most money if he takes any one of those fights because for the time being the odds are that will be his last mega payday.
      As you point out Peterson wants some easy defences, and milk the title a little while and hope he wins the Manny/Floyd sweepstakes which is what Khan was really doing until he was forced to fight his mandatories Maidana and Peterson.

Comment

Working...
      X