No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Team Peterson, IBF Respond To Khan's Appeal Withdrawal

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Prince Mongo View Post
    GBP and Team Khan demanded the investigation and hearing. So the hearing was for them.
    Wait doesn't this make it worse then?

"We demand an inquisition! We want truth! We want justice! We want answers! We have proof! Oh wait, Michael Welsh isn't here? Okay, let's pack it in fellas, felafels for lunch."

Comment

Originally posted by anonymous2.0 View Post
      Wait doesn't this make it worse then?

"We demand an inquisition! We want truth! We want justice! We want answers! We have proof! Oh wait, Michael Welsh isn't here? Okay, let's pack it in fellas, felafels for lunch."
      It is really more GBP want the titles back or at least one version of them. In creating the stink and hearing at the IBF they created the opportunity to manipulate the WBA to order a rematch. That is good enough for them as they know 2 things could happen at the IBF hearing

1)The IBF order a rematch

2) Hard evidence proves GBP's claim is a joke.

If 2 happens this throws the spot light on the WBA for demanding a rematch prematurely and invaldates their demand for a rematch.
      If 1 happens there would have to be a rematch and with Khan's woeful lack of infighting skills the best he can really hope for is a scrappy messy points win which is not going to be a showcase for justifying a mega payday Mayeather fight.
      IMO GBP will be happy to get the WBA title back by default if Peterson refuses a rematch. I am not sure how that works though. Either Khan just gets the title back or he has to fight a WBA selected opponent for the vacant title. If that ends up being Maidana I don't think GBP will be too happy about it. But given GBP's influence over the WBA I suspect a less testing opponent will be found.
      With one title back Khan can harp on about the Peterson loss not being a loss and keep the illusion of his greatness going.
      Last edited by Prince Mongo; 01-18-2012, 05:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
        Is Peterson with Top Rank? Pretty sure hes not....
        I think you could be right there, which would make a rematch much easier.

Comment

GBP and Team Khan demanded the investigation and hearing. So the hearing was for them.
          Yes but when they were so passionate about pursuing this, why have they suddenly stopped the hearing going ahead? The guys admitted to effecting the scores now, why would they drop the case?

The IBF state they wanted it to go ahead.

And Peterson is considering his options.

What are GBP and Khan trying to achieve?

Comment

Originally posted by KrisSilver View Post
            Yes but when they were so passionate about pursuing this, why have they suddenly stopped the hearing going ahead? The guys admitted to effecting the scores now, why would they drop the case?

The IBF state they wanted it to go ahead.

And Peterson is considering his options.

What are GBP and Khan trying to achieve?
            I think GBP are happy with what they have from the WBA already. Khan is not going to stay at LWW for long anyway and given the choice of Khan fighting a softer touch for the WBA or Peterson for both titles I think going the safer route would suit GBP better.

Comment

I think GBP are happy with what they have from the WBA already. Khan is not going to stay at LWW for long anyway and given the choice of Khan fighting a softer touch for the WBA or Peterson for both titles I think going the safer route would suit GBP better.
              Thanks man, I just read it's also Welshy and another not being able to attend as key people, that made them withdraw.

Khan has acted like a bad loser but.

This chap was acting shadey, and it was controversial.

I don't think Peterson would be acting any different re making the rematch he said he would, if Khan behaved differently. As much as he behaves more humbly it's another where politics and $'a are the sole drivers.

Comment

Working...
              X