No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Team Cotto Discuss Pacquiao Rumors, 147 Weight Limit

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Team Cotto Discuss Pacquiao Rumors, 147 Weight Limit

Gaby Peñagarícano, the adviser to WBA 154-pound champion Miguel Cotto (37-2, 30KOs), spoke to BoxingScene.com regarding the circulating rumors that his fighter is going to face Manny Pacquiao (54-3-2, 38KOs) in a rematch on June 9th. In their 2009 welterweight title fight, Pacquiao stopped Cotto in the twelfth round to capture the WBO title. There have not been any conversations regarding the Pacquiao rematch, says Peñagarícano. But, there is a meeting scheduled for later this week with Top Rank to discuss a potential fight involving Cotto.

[Click Here To Read More]

did anyone see anything in the first fight that showed that cotto can beat manny? hell even stevie wonder saw how manny owned cotto. gezzz

Comment

Originally posted by PHOENIX623 View Post
      did anyone see anything in the first fight that showed that cotto can beat manny? hell even stevie wonder saw how manny owned cotto. gezzz
      not at all but Arum doesn't want Cotto to leave Top Rank, even for a fight.
      right now Cotto might be facing Alvarez and Pacquiao is the only fight that would entice Cotto to stay.

most boxing fans don't want to see it but Cotto is worth 300k-400k PPV buys regardless who he fights and Pacquiao is 800k to a million.

Cotto fans are loyal, they aren't as crazy as Pacquiao fans but they'll pay to see him fight and believe he has a chance at winning. it's an easy 1.1 to 1.3 million PPV buys, even if most people think it's garbage.

Comment

it's pretty obvious cotto doesn't want this fight at 147 unless there's a big financial compensation behind it = the fight is a joke anywhere but at 154.

Comment

it will be a good fight, i guess.
          but truthfully we all know what the result will be. manny wins!
          theres no mistery, no excitement. just waitting to see how and when pac wins.
          oh well it will keep him busy making money i guess.

Comment

In other words, like I said, If Pac wants to fight at 147, Arum will have to open hsi wallet and right a big check to Cotto!!

Comment

'I won't fight Cotto above 147' -Pacquiao
              'Miguel will not fight at 147' -Cotto Manager

Thank the sweet baby jesus, we're at an impasse

Comment

they better not pay Cotto extra to take this BS match

Comment

Cotto wants that like he wants a hole in his head. Id love to see him fight Floyd. because if he does lose...It wont be as bad as a beat down from Manny. Floyd will just be another boring win or default win. If Cotto dont smash his ass up like i d like for him to do.

Comment

They fought at what Manny wanted last time. Time for Manny to step up

Comment

Working...
                    X