Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Team Cotto Discuss Pacquiao Rumors, 147 Weight Limit

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope cotto fights alvarez instead so it leaves pac with bradley.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePrince View Post
      How do you figure? I swear, Pac never does well in fantasy matchups, even against guys he DOMINATED in easy one-sided wins. Cotto rematch is completely pointless and unnecessary.

Even if Bradley has a similar ass whooping coming his way, at least it's something new. Plus he's young, undefeated, and a top 10 P4P fighter.

Let Miguel focus on other opportunities. No shortage of big money fights he can choose from.
      lolz so true, specially if you talk to *****s, floyd dominates manny in their fantasy world...

Comment

If the money is right, Cotto will fight at 147. I hope he doesn't.

It would be nice to see Mayweather getting Cotto at 150 since Aurum and Pacquiao are running scared.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePrince View Post
          How do you figure? I swear, Pac never does well in fantasy matchups, even against guys he DOMINATED in easy one-sided wins. Cotto rematch is completely pointless and unnecessary.

Even if Bradley has a similar ass whooping coming his way, at least it's something new. Plus he's young, undefeated, and a top 10 P4P fighter.

Let Miguel focus on other opportunities. No shortage of big money fights he can choose from.
          Exactly, I mean I don't want to see Pacquiao fighting Bradley, IMO that fight is also pretty bad since Bradley as good as he can be, is very boring. But still the fight with Cotto would be even worse since the outcome is going to be the same, especially at 147 where Cotto stands no chance at all, the guy is going to be extremely weight drained and would get tired in a few rounds and then enter survival mode just like in the first fight.

So between a fight with a guy that was already KOd and badly beaten and stands no chance at all at 147, and a fight with a boring, but hard to decipher boxer who hasn't fought with Pacquiao before, I prefer the second one.

After saying all that, any fight from now on with anyone who is not Mayweather Jr is just pure shit, period.

Comment

Originally posted by rey guey View Post
            not at all but Arum doesn't want Cotto to leave Top Rank, even for a fight.
            right now Cotto might be facing Alvarez and Pacquiao is the only fight that would entice Cotto to stay.

most boxing fans don't want to see it but Cotto is worth 300k-400k PPV buys regardless who he fights and Pacquiao is 800k to a million.

Cotto fans are loyal, they aren't as crazy as Pacquiao fans but they'll pay to see him fight and believe he has a chance at winning. it's an easy 1.1 to 1.3 million PPV buys, even if most people think it's garbage.
            I'm fans of both cotto and PAC... One thing about these guys are... You will get your money's worth for buying their fights. Cotto is not a real knock out artist but just as well as PAC... I can see him giving Floyd a run for his money. PAC nor cotto are scared to get hit to land their combinations... Floyd doesnt throw combos and I think that his fans are just attractived to his mouth and his record, put the right man in front him and maybe I'll change my opinion. If they really wanted to fight the contract would be signed right now because both of these boxers have the power to do what the hell they plz.

Comment

Hopefully team Cotto draws the line at 150. Unfortunately from reading this article its clear that they will fight at 147 if the deal is large enough.

Comment

If Cotto can weigh whatever he wants and they are on neutral ground, ok.

No ****ing catch-weights of any ****ing kind.

On the other hand, Cotto vs Jr would be ok w/me.

Jr is probably not ready and will more than likely get his ass beat, but what if he doesn't?

Cotto can retire and become a bigtime promoter and that would make Jr pretty fuggin legit, no?

Comment

unless this is at 154...maybe 150 or at a weight cotto can blow up comfortably and use a size advantage (to tie up manny or push him) this will be same result.

I'd be interested to see this as I believe Cotto's footwork is a bit better and may put up a decent fight for the first half anyway..

Face it guys, money rules boxing..the average Joe contributes more to boxing as there are more average Joes out there then boxing fanatics...so they'll keep making BS fights that makes the most cash

Comment

How come the first time around Team Pacquiao wanted the fight below the 147 limit and now its all good to fight at 147?

Comment

well, I'm glad they're not going to accept ("hypothetically"). Cotto was, however, quoted a year or so ago that he would come down to 147 for Mayweather or Pacquiao...be that as it may, fight fans don't want to see that. And I'm also glad Pacquiao isn't willing to go up again, ultimately ****ing Arum's plans of a June 9th bout. I'd much rather see Pacquiao in with Bradley or even Peterson (versatile fighter, somewhat underrated on boxingscene...I think he could be a better tune-up for Mayweather than Bradley would be...just my opinion). Cotto can go get Mayweather/Canelo at 154 or Julio at a catchweight of 157?

Comment

Working...
                      X