Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why can't Boxing Scene writers get interviews with Mayweather himself?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
    Mayweather is a user period, He uses you when he knows you would write something favorable about him, If you dont then you dont stand a chance at interviewing him, I remember how Boxing talk use to get all the interviews and exclusive around the Gatti/Judah time in Mayweather's career, He couldnt and wouldnt stop talking to them but as soon as G.leon wrote something about him losing all his money to some guy who defraud him he switch, Now he gives Fighthype all the exclusive until they print something he doesnt like then he would switch again to another website..
    Actually, just for the record, Floyd stopped talking to Gregory for a totally different reason not even related to anything on his website. Gregory only wrote that article AFTER he couldn't get Floyd anymore. If you search the fighthype archives on their message board, I believe there's a thread title Monkey Business that talks a little about that.

Comment

Originally posted by betii View Post
      Actually, just for the record, Floyd stopped talking to Gregory for a totally different reason not even related to anything on his website. Gregory only wrote that article AFTER he couldn't get Floyd anymore. If you search the fighthype archives on their message board, I believe there's a thread title Monkey Business that talks a little about that.
      I stand corrected then if true, But i do remember G.leon saying something to that effect on his site..

Comment

I dont want to sound slow, but what elite boxers does boxingscene get exclusive interviews with? I read a lot of quoted sources. I honestly don't know. Just asking...

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
          He does interview with fight hype because Thompson rides his dick just like boxing talk and G Leon use to ride his dick.

Like I said before, Fight hype is this era boxing talk.

Comment

Originally posted by CONQUERING View Post

Comment

If I recall well ********** started a bit before Tito and B-hop I was pretty young then and I guess I could be called a fan boy of Tito's I remember several arguments with G. Leon who had B-hop as a favorite to win...but yes Floyd uses who ever he can then moves on they helped catapult his career and TBH ********** is really butt hurt lol. I like The Breadman's mail bag

Comment

Um looks like you guys are afraid to say it but I will. BS is a Top Rank leaning website. As if you couldn't tell by some of the articles on this site and the quickness of the responses all of the way from the Philipines.
                They were key in promoting Manny Pac hype over the past few years.

Comment

because boxingscene was taking sides over the years and kissing up to Pacquiao and Bob Arum and BASHING Mayweather because it was the POPULAR THING TO DO and it made the Pacquiao fans "HAPPY"

Mayweather mention this before about "WEBSITES AND WRITERS WHO ARE IN THE POCKET OF BOB ARUM" not saying Boxing Scene is but...

FightHype get exclusives because FightHype wasn't BASHING MAYWEATHER like everybody else was doing over the last 2-3 years, it almost seems like Mayweather was BLACKBALLED within the boxing Media during that time and only FightHype was the only ones that would allow him to tell his side of the story, when Pacquiao did not want to take the TEST, instead of questioning why Pacquiao don't want to take a simply blood test, all these Websites just BASHED MAYWEATHER and said he was DUCKING and SCARED

I honestly think some in the media thought by bashing him it would hurt his IMAGE and his PPV Buys, but instead over the years it has only made him EVEN MORE MONEY and a BIGGER STAR because all of the NEGATIVE STORIES kept his name in the NEWS and kept him RELEVANT...so Mayweather is getting the last laugh and FightHype is getting the EXCLUSIVES
                  Last edited by sicko; 01-13-2012, 11:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by betii View Post
                    The Monkeys rose up!!!

Comment

Originally posted by House of Stone View Post
                      he probably believes mods/writers etc here are pro pac and anti him and that he would get a fairier interview elsewhere
                      That's not the case, because there was a twitter back and forth a few months ago where writers like Kevin Iole, Dan Rafael, Chris Mannix and a few others were complaining about their inability to get Mayweather on the phone, to return calls, or to do interviews without having to go through five people.

Comment

Working...
                      X