Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
    Written by Raymond Markarian
    Monday, 09 January 2012 15:50

Welterweight champion Floyd “Money” Mayweather 42-0, 26 knockouts, is close to an agreement to fight lightweight champion Robert “The Ghost” Guerrero at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas on May 5. A source with knowledge of the negotiation informed me that both parties are in the last stages of securing a deal that could be announced as early as this week.

A clash with Mayweather will be undoubtedly the biggest fight of Guerrero’s career. For months, the Gilroy, California native has told the boxing world that he will be the one to defeat the undefeated pound for pound king.

Guerrero says he knows Mayweather like the back of his hand, and that a fight between Floyd and Guerrero, a multilingual Mexican-American, will sell on Cinco de Mayo weekend in Las Vegas.

Mayweather’s advisor Leonard Ellerbe said their camp will announce Mayweather’s opponent this week and the signs are pointing towards Guerrero (28-1, 18 knockouts) getting the shot he desires.

Fight fans expected May 5 to be the day Mayweather and Pacquiao finally fight. But both parties have apparently failed to come to terms once again. As it stands now, Pacquiao is expected to fight in late May or early June leaving Mayweather without a dance partner for May 5.

The anticipated May 5th date was nearly derailed when a Las Vegas judge sentenced “Money May” to begin a 90 day jail term on January 6. On Friday, the judge postponed the ruling until June 1st allowing Mayweather to go through with the bout he announced nearly two months ago.

http://thesweetscience.com/news/arti...ealedmarkarian
    Hopefully this fight doesnt happen, I have 0 interest in seeing this fight.

Comment

Originally posted by TheKza View Post
      Orite. Why would Floyd fight Pacquiao's leftovers and someone who is with Arum. It's Canelo next.
      except Cotto is a free agent right now

Comment

Originally posted by tank17211 View Post
        Hopefully this fight doesnt happen, I have 0 interest in seeing this fight.
        It'd be a nice fight if it were on standard HBO, or ESPN lol

Comment

what a shi**y fight

Comment

Originally posted by TheKza View Post
            Orite. Why would Floyd fight Pacquiao's leftovers and someone who is with Arum. It's Canelo next.
            But you have to pick ether gurrero or canelo and we have a bet k take your pick

Comment

Me: Do you trust this writer?

Woodsy1069 Michael Woods
              @TheFightSource raymond is a gym rat. He tells me he has a source, I believe him

Comment

floyd / guerrero is a mismatch ... this fight better not happen and i doubt it will.

Comment

This fight has 0 chance of happening........

Comment

Can't see Mayweather-Guerrero happening.

There's just no excuse for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Come∂ian View Post
                      This fight has 0 chance of happening........
                      I'd give it 5 percent since they put his name in the mix

Comment

Working...
                      X