Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd Mayweather-Robert Guerrero Almost Signed, Sealed..MARKARIAN

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I call a bluff on this one. Floyd & GBP are trying to pigeonhole Manny into hurrying up and ordering Arum to start negotiating this fight.

Of course Guerrero/Mayweather is "almost" done. Guerrero is a Minimum Wage worker waiting on "stand by". There is nothing he is going to oppose. Random Testing? Yes. A fixed amount of money? Yes (Still his biggest purse). Sign and agree to bow down and praise Floyd's greatness until the day of the fight? Yes. Eddie Guerrero has signed up to all of those stipulations.

Comment

• Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
      Written by Raymond Markarian
      Monday, 09 January 2012 15:50

Welterweight champion Floyd “Money” Mayweather 42-0, 26 knockouts, is close to an agreement to fight lightweight champion Robert “The Ghost” Guerrero at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas on May 5. A source with knowledge of the negotiation informed me that both parties are in the last stages of securing a deal that could be announced as early as this week.

A clash with Mayweather will be undoubtedly the biggest fight of Guerrero’s career. For months, the Gilroy, California native has told the boxing world that he will be the one to defeat the undefeated pound for pound king.

Guerrero says he knows Mayweather like the back of his hand, and that a fight between Floyd and Guerrero, a multilingual Mexican-American, will sell on Cinco de Mayo weekend in Las Vegas.

Mayweather’s advisor Leonard Ellerbe said their camp will announce Mayweather’s opponent this week and the signs are pointing towards Guerrero (28-1, 18 knockouts) getting the shot he desires.

Fight fans expected May 5 to be the day Mayweather and Pacquiao finally fight. But both parties have apparently failed to come to terms once again. As it stands now, Pacquiao is expected to fight in late May or early June leaving Mayweather without a dance partner for May 5.

The anticipated May 5th date was nearly derailed when a Las Vegas judge sentenced “Money May” to begin a 90 day jail term on January 6. On Friday, the judge postponed the ruling until June 1st allowing Mayweather to go through with the bout he announced nearly two months ago.

http://thesweetscience.com/news/arti...ealedmarkarian
      If this is true then I certainly will not pay for it, he Should fight either cotto/Martinez/Pacquiao the others aint worth watching

Comment

• This would be a BS fight not worth my $60. It does nothing for the sport, fans or even Floyd himself (except for filling his pockets with more money).

Guerrero hasn't even fought a fight above 135 and hasn't even had nothing that meaningful at the lower weights anyway in the first place.

Comment

• If true.......this will be floyds lowest PPv sales.
          Worst than Pac vs clottey

Comment

• Originally posted by BIGBOXINGFAN View Post
            If true.......this will be floyds lowest PPv sales.
            Worst than Pac vs clottey
            Let's be real buddy. The first episode of 24/7 with Guerrero talking about his wife surviving cancer alone will get the sympathy of most of the female audience. Guerrero is also a Mexican fighting on May 5th.

If the fight were to happen it'd do a million plus easily.

Fight still sucks though.

Comment

• I hope its Cotto for Floyd

where is Cotto at in terms of leaving Arum, he needs to get that done ASAP, noone wants to see Floyd-Guerrero, a ****in 135 pounder, what a joke

Comment

• Originally posted by Nonitard View Post
                I hope its Cotto for Floyd

where is Cotto at in terms of leaving Arum, he needs to get that done ASAP, noone wants to see Floyd-Guerrero, a ****in 135 pounder, what a joke
                If Cotto can't get Mayweather i see him resigning with Arum.
                Even if Cotto CAN get Mayweather i could see him resigning with Arum due to having more options (he would probably be guaranteed a fight with Pac plus possibly Chavez) and knowing what to expect with TR.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nonitard View Post
                  I hope its Cotto for Floyd

Some how I think Floyd would view Cotto as Pacs seconds and I dont think he would want it , although he would beat the breaks of Cotto right now it would be not as spectacular as when Pac beat Cotto and he wouldnt want that vision , people wouldnt consider the difference in Cotto at 150-154 to Cotto at 145 , I see Cotto as a political no win situation for Floyd .

Pac or Martinez nobody else is worthy , and if its Sergio and after Floyd beat him he will never see Pac for dust .

Comment

• Mayweather-Gurrero won't sell.

I'm sure Mayweather knows that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
                      Some how I think Floyd would view Cotto as Pacs seconds and I dont think he would want it , although he would beat the breaks of Cotto right now it would be not as spectacular as when Pac beat Cotto and he wouldnt want that vision , people wouldnt consider the difference in Cotto at 150-154 to Cotto at 145 , I see Cotto as a political no win situation for Floyd .

Pac or Martinez nobody else is worthy , and if its Sergio and after Floyd beat him he will never see Pac for dust .
                      I usually dont agree with you but what you said makes sense. Floyd has Martinez or Pac. There isnt anybody else people want to see fight FLoyd at this point unless its one of those two.

Comment

Working...
                      X